“Fun Place - Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fun Place - Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Good food, bigger portions, but not too big. I did not order a Pasty which they are famous for, but opted for the Chicken Caesar Salad as I have a wheat allergy. It came with two perfectly seasoned perfectly cooked small/med chicken breasts sliced . The dressing was just the right amount as well. My dining partner ordered the cajun chicken pasty and the apple caramel for dessert. He ate every bite and thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was very efficient.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Something was missing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. The service was slow and unfriendly. The atmosphere was frenetic and confusing. The beer was great. Just took a while to get a refill.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Somerset, New Jersey
“Good, but not as good as I'd hoped”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I were very excited to try this place, after seeing the menu and the reviews. We were seated quickly, but it did take some time for anyone to come over to us and take our order. ( which was kind of a good thing, as it was hard to choose from all the cool options). The food did seem to take a very long time to come out, and when it did, it was pipping hot- so hot, I had to wait maybe 10 minutes for it to be cool enough to handle. I ordered the Royale, and I so wanted to like it! but the meat tasted too much like meatloaf, rather than hamburger. It was tasty, just not as tasty as I expected. The dish was very creative, and I'm sure if the meat was cooked differently, I would have loved it!
My boyfriend ordered the Reuben and he enjoyed it- he said he would be happy to go back and try the other pastys. One big plus I should mention- they are open late every night of the week!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Great, great place for food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I love this restaurant! We first went to the original restaurant in Tempe about 4 years ago and since then they have expanded to another restaurant in Mesa, AZ.

I'm English and love Cornish pasties, but this place has it over even the Cornish in England! What good food and my husband and I love the beer they serve as well.

Last night we went to the new restaurant in Mesa, it's a larger than the original one in Tempe but both serve those tasty pasties!

I suggest trying this restaurant for something different!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mesa arizona
“Quality Food Negated By Deafening Abrasive Music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Four of us dined at the restaurant last week. The pasties were very good, the salad was acceptable and the beer was cold. The place was loud enough just with the chatter of customers but with the obnoxiously loud music screaming in the background, it ruined the dining experience. We like to talk with our dining companions, not shout to be heard. This isn't the first restaurant where I have encountered this phenomenon and frankly I don't get it. Is this an industry strategy that is promoted by some global dining guru to attract business or to please clientele? If it is, they are out of their minds because the atmosphere that is created is annoying and unpleasant. Despite the very good food, we won't be back to dine in. The next pasty I have will be picked up and cooked at home. When the friendly, capable tattooed servers age a couple of decades, they will have hearing aids to complement their body paint.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere