“nice hotel but the walls are too thin.” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #9 of 55 hotels in Mesa
California
“nice hotel but the walls are too thin.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

I like that the hotel is new and they've tried to make it look modern and up to date. The staff people have been excellent, really friendly front desk people, as well as the people who work the continental breakfast. The place is clean (I'm not sketched out by walking around bare foot), the beds are comfortable and the shower is great. My only issue with this hotel is that the walls are too thin. I travel a lot for business and I like to have a quiet room so that I can get my things ready for the next day and have a good night's sleep. I prefer not to have to go to bed with my headphones on to drown out the sound of the couple next door. Or be woken up before my alarm goes off due to the same sound. Would I recommend this hotel to someone going on business? Maybe, but I'd definitely warn them that they may want to request a room that doesn't have anyone occupying the rooms next door. Would I recommend this hotel for leisure? Yeah. I'm sure the couple next door would agree (unless you're not looking for that kind of 'leisure'...).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

My flight from Az to Eugene Or. was cancelled on Christmas Eve and my boyfriend had already left to California. I was stranded in a strange state, had little funds available and I'll admit a little freaked out. I made a reservation with my boyfriends CC over the phone from the airport. I was offered a ride from a complete stranger to the Hotel and god willing arrived safely. I stood in line and recognized a young woman and a young man from the airport in line ahead of me when the young woman turned and asked me if I wanted to share a room with them because they had 2 beds. I asked her if they knew each other and she just looked at him and said "they met at the airport". I said sure, ok?
Dominique was kind enough to let me cancel my reservation which I very much appreciated. Jenika, Nathan and I proceeded to introduce ourselves in the beautiful room Best Western gave us. The breakfast was very complete wouldn't change a thing.
Waffles, eggs & ham, Cereal, a variety of bagels and pastries and juice and coffee, oh, and buscuits and sausage gravy!
The night wasn't a complete disaster at all. We all 3 walked down the highway a mile or so to Texas Roadhouse and ate a wonderful meal which we were comped by the Manager there after hearing our story, and even arranged for a ride back to the Hotel from another Distressed Passanger staying here at the Best Western. Happy Holidays and don't forget to Pay It Forward. * Hope all is well with Jenika and Nathan-Maybe someday our paths will cross again. Sincerely, Sheri H. Oregon Coast

• Stayed December 2009
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

This hotel is nice because everything about it is new (3 months old). It is a great location for a night stay if leaving from Mesa Gateway airport (5 min away). Other than that, it is quite aways from everything else. Friendly service. As this hotel gets older, it may slip a bit. Nothing spectacular about the hotel itself.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Legacy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!