“The good night sleep!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Mesa B&B and Inns
phx az
“The good night sleep!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was the cleanest, friendliest place I've stayed in a long time.. Checked in late so we were very tiered but needed to ask a lot of questions about the property, the attendant stated he was just helping the owner out but as soon as he found our information out he would let us know..

The phone rung 15 minutes later it was the attendant with all the info, that was well appreciated!

The Randles

Room Tip: You'll know when they answer the phone, customer service is the key..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Golden Valley AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I were in the Phoenix area for two nights and found this hotel to be conveniently located for our needs. The front desk staff was very courteous and welcoming.
It looked as if the grounds had just had a re do and the room we stayed in also seemed to have recently been painted and new carpet.
Overall it was not fancy but clean and comfortable which is what we required.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a recent trip to the Phoenix area in March 2013. I was quite impressed by the hotel. The exterior of the building appears a bit old from the street, but the rooms were very clean and comfortable. My room had a small kitchenette included as well, which was great for making small meals. The hotel staff were extremely courteous and helpful duing my stay. The hotel is conveniently located close to the 60, 101 and 202 Freeways, as well as close to the Metro light rail line. The hotel itself was quiet, although there was a little bit of traffic noise in my room, which was very close to Main Street. I still slept well, regardless. The wifi Internet service worked flawlessly.

Originally, I was only planning to stay at this hotel for one night, but I was so impressed with the service and room I got, I decided to stay for a second night. I felt that this hotel was excellent value for the money I paid, and I would happily stay here again. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler looking for a clean, affordable hotel in Phoenix.

• Stayed March 2013
Cumming, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Before reading this review, please keep in mind that I am not one of those people that has a whole bunch of time to write reviews on everything, but this one warranted me to share my experience with everyone. This is the letter that I sent via email in reply to a cancellation confirmation that I FINALLY received after doing way beyond my due diligence to confirm my refund was processed.

Thank you for processing the refund that was outstanding. Per your website Cancellation Policy, it states “If cancellation is made within 48 hours or less the property will charge you for a minimum of one night stay.”

We also presented our cancelation in person at your office as well as spoke to your front desk representative on the phone. Therefore, it is appreciated that you followed your own policy as stated on your website.

I do not appreciate the way I was spoken to by either you or your front desk representative. You both were outright rude, condescending, disrespectful, and acted in the most unprofessional manner I have ever encountered.

Since you were unwilling to listen to your customer and persistently interrupted or spoke over me, I was not able to communicate my concerns with the lack of customer service and professionalism from both, you or your front desk representative. It was completely obnoxious that both of you continuously hung up on me when you were finished with your monologue.

Your employee was extremely rude to me from the moment she discovered I was calling about a cancellation issue. She continued to lie to me on multiple occasions. One example being, when I no longer wanted to discuss the situation with your front desk representative, I asked to speak to her manager and she proceeded to tell me that she didn’t have one and she was the Manager. Clearly that is not the case as I am now communicating with you, the Manager.

My other major issue and concern was the fact that your front desk representative demanded my credit card information over the phone. The issue was with the fact that she stated she had customers in front of her yet when I was providing the information to her, she was repeating it out loud (in front of customers). I was not willing to provide ALL my credit card information as to protect from identify theft. This should be your #1 concern as well. Not to mention, you should already have this information on file.

When we originally cancelled our reservation in person at your office, your front desk representative called me to confirm the details of the cancelation and assured me that it was being processed. She also stated that because it was being processed, we would see our refund in our bank anywhere from 5-14 days. So when I called on the 14th day to confirm that the cancelation refund was processed, it came as a shock to me that it wasn’t as the news was accompanied by the rude manner of your employee.

Simply put, this was the worst experience on my entire life of dealing with a hotel establishment. I don’t understand how you continue to run a business by treating your customers this way. I will never stay at your property or any related property for any reason. I will never recommend you to anyone.

I hope that you take this information and use it to better your services to your customers because as of right now, you don’t have any customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel to break or trip to Arizona. The place is basic but clean and comfortable. The sheets were clean. Bottom line the place is good value for your buck. The guy at front desk was nice too.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I called American Executive Inn Mesa tonight to make a reservation. But the woman at the front desk was so incredibly rude that I decided to find another hotel. When I called, I said I noticed a $29 rate on the Web. She snapped: "That's wrong! The rates are $31!" Okay, I asked if there is a nonsmoking $31 room? She sneered: "Why are you asking? You have all the rates on the Web!" I politely pointed out that she said the Web rates are wrong. She yelled: "Then the rate is $45!" She made a very poor impression on behalf of American Express Inn Mesa. If they employ staff who are rude before making a reservation, I don’t dare imagine their rudeness while staying there. I easily found another low-cost Mesa hotel. They gladly gave me rate information and appreciated my reservation. So it’s not about “you get what you pay for”. It’s about not being rude. Don't put up with rudeness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I booked my rooms last night for our stay in October and am trying to reach the Hotel office have been trying now for 5 hrs. And have not gotten anywhere. I am about ready to cancel my reservations and go elsewhere. If there is another number for the hotel i would sure appreciate it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to American Executive Inn? Share your experiences!