“Decent hotel, great service, very fair price!” 5 of 5 stars

You added American Executive Inn to your Saves list
American Executive Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   1554 W Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85201   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Mesa B&B and Inns
“Decent hotel, great service, very fair price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a recent trip to the Phoenix area in March 2013. I was quite impressed by the hotel. The exterior of the building appears a bit old from the street, but the rooms were very clean and comfortable. My room had a small kitchenette included as well, which was great for making small meals. The hotel staff were extremely courteous and helpful duing my stay. The hotel is conveniently located close to the 60, 101 and 202 Freeways, as well as close to the Metro light rail line. The hotel itself was quiet, although there was a little bit of traffic noise in my room, which was very close to Main Street. I still slept well, regardless. The wifi Internet service worked flawlessly.

Originally, I was only planning to stay at this hotel for one night, but I was so impressed with the service and room I got, I decided to stay for a second night. I felt that this hotel was excellent value for the money I paid, and I would happily stay here again. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler looking for a clean, affordable hotel in Phoenix.

• Stayed March 2013

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cumming, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Before reading this review, please keep in mind that I am not one of those people that has a whole bunch of time to write reviews on everything, but this one warranted me to share my experience with everyone. This is the letter that I sent via email in reply to a cancellation confirmation that I FINALLY received after doing way beyond my due diligence to confirm my refund was processed.

Thank you for processing the refund that was outstanding. Per your website Cancellation Policy, it states “If cancellation is made within 48 hours or less the property will charge you for a minimum of one night stay.”

We also presented our cancelation in person at your office as well as spoke to your front desk representative on the phone. Therefore, it is appreciated that you followed your own policy as stated on your website.

I do not appreciate the way I was spoken to by either you or your front desk representative. You both were outright rude, condescending, disrespectful, and acted in the most unprofessional manner I have ever encountered.

Since you were unwilling to listen to your customer and persistently interrupted or spoke over me, I was not able to communicate my concerns with the lack of customer service and professionalism from both, you or your front desk representative. It was completely obnoxious that both of you continuously hung up on me when you were finished with your monologue.

Your employee was extremely rude to me from the moment she discovered I was calling about a cancellation issue. She continued to lie to me on multiple occasions. One example being, when I no longer wanted to discuss the situation with your front desk representative, I asked to speak to her manager and she proceeded to tell me that she didn’t have one and she was the Manager. Clearly that is not the case as I am now communicating with you, the Manager.

My other major issue and concern was the fact that your front desk representative demanded my credit card information over the phone. The issue was with the fact that she stated she had customers in front of her yet when I was providing the information to her, she was repeating it out loud (in front of customers). I was not willing to provide ALL my credit card information as to protect from identify theft. This should be your #1 concern as well. Not to mention, you should already have this information on file.

When we originally cancelled our reservation in person at your office, your front desk representative called me to confirm the details of the cancelation and assured me that it was being processed. She also stated that because it was being processed, we would see our refund in our bank anywhere from 5-14 days. So when I called on the 14th day to confirm that the cancelation refund was processed, it came as a shock to me that it wasn’t as the news was accompanied by the rude manner of your employee.

Simply put, this was the worst experience on my entire life of dealing with a hotel establishment. I don’t understand how you continue to run a business by treating your customers this way. I will never stay at your property or any related property for any reason. I will never recommend you to anyone.

I hope that you take this information and use it to better your services to your customers because as of right now, you don’t have any customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel to break or trip to Arizona. The place is basic but clean and comfortable. The sheets were clean. Bottom line the place is good value for your buck. The guy at front desk was nice too.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I called American Executive Inn Mesa tonight to make a reservation. But the woman at the front desk was so incredibly rude that I decided to find another hotel. When I called, I said I noticed a $29 rate on the Web. She snapped: "That's wrong! The rates are $31!" Okay, I asked if there is a nonsmoking $31 room? She sneered: "Why are you asking? You have all the rates on the Web!" I politely pointed out that she said the Web rates are wrong. She yelled: "Then the rate is $45!" She made a very poor impression on behalf of American Express Inn Mesa. If they employ staff who are rude before making a reservation, I don’t dare imagine their rudeness while staying there. I easily found another low-cost Mesa hotel. They gladly gave me rate information and appreciated my reservation. So it’s not about “you get what you pay for”. It’s about not being rude. Don't put up with rudeness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I booked my rooms last night for our stay in October and am trying to reach the Hotel office have been trying now for 5 hrs. And have not gotten anywhere. I am about ready to cancel my reservations and go elsewhere. If there is another number for the hotel i would sure appreciate it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I got the best price on a hot tub room that I have seen in a while and tried it... Woman was nice at check-in and they had turned on the sir seems I reserved on-line. Met the male at the office when i was ready to connect to the internet and he was very nice when i complimented him on the quality og the room and the price. The hot tub suite is really nice for the standard Main St Mesa motel ... Hot tub, big screen, and mirrors everywhere... this is NOT the Hilton, but well worth the price for an inexpensive get-away !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I used to come to this hotel to utilize their Jacuzzi rooms on the weekends about once a year. The guy owner was always nice and had great customer service skills. I never had to worry about getting my room. Once I booked it online and arrived it was always ready to use. I ordered a room online on 8/24, Online when I ordered it said both rooms were available for use. So we arrived at the hotel about 12;30 p.m. that next day 8/25. I already figured the room would be available because every time I went I never had to wait for a room. So the lady owner, Sunny answered the door, it took about 5 minutes, I didn't even think that no one was in the office. When she answered the door and let us in. She had a bad attitude towards us and she had never met us before.She tells us that check in time was 3;00 pm. The last time I arrived the check in time was when I got there and that usually was about 11;00 am. Then she made us wait for an hour, it was about 1:30 when she called us back to say the room was ready.we went in the office, and she took my card and ID and still was acting like she was having issues. I asked her for an certain room, that I always get when I am at the hotel. She said both rooms were available when we checked in at the office. Then she went back and said, that the room was not available an hour later. Then she tried to force us to take a room that we didn't want. All this while talking crazy, and acting belligerent. I was like what's wrong with her. she showed us the room that she had, and when I told her I wanted a refund because I didn't like the room. She then refused to give me a refund and told me that since I booked it online I had to take it. I was like no I want a refund, I don't want this room.This is not what I asked for. I then told her, that I did not get the service that I usually get from this place. I was shocked, she then ran in the inside and yelled to the top of her lungs. "To get out of here, you are not getting a receipt. You must leave or I'm going to call the police. I was shocked, how I was treated and she slammed the door in my face. And was yelling for us to leave.So we left and I said, I would not be going back there ever again. And I am not going to. That used to be a favorite place of mine to get away sometimes. It's sad that we are losing good business in the Mesa, AZ area. I made a investment in that place and in the end, they left me with a horrible experience from a hotel.The owners just have went down in a black whole. They don't even care about the service of their most valued customers anymore.They have forgotten that customers keep a business going. Without them, your business will run out. God bless and be careful in this crazy world.

Room Tip: Don't put up with settling for a room you don't like. Make sure you get what you paid for.