“Awesome customer service !! Respectable room ..” 5 of 5 stars

American Executive Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   1554 W Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85201   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Mesa B&B and Inns
Mesa, Arizona
“Awesome customer service !! Respectable room ..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I got the best price on a hot tub room that I have seen in a while and tried it... Woman was nice at check-in and they had turned on the sir seems I reserved on-line. Met the male at the office when i was ready to connect to the internet and he was very nice when i complimented him on the quality og the room and the price. The hot tub suite is really nice for the standard Main St Mesa motel ... Hot tub, big screen, and mirrors everywhere... this is NOT the Hilton, but well worth the price for an inexpensive get-away !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I used to come to this hotel to utilize their Jacuzzi rooms on the weekends about once a year. The guy owner was always nice and had great customer service skills. I never had to worry about getting my room. Once I booked it online and arrived it was always ready to use. I ordered a room online on 8/24, Online when I ordered it said both rooms were available for use. So we arrived at the hotel about 12;30 p.m. that next day 8/25. I already figured the room would be available because every time I went I never had to wait for a room. So the lady owner, Sunny answered the door, it took about 5 minutes, I didn't even think that no one was in the office. When she answered the door and let us in. She had a bad attitude towards us and she had never met us before.She tells us that check in time was 3;00 pm. The last time I arrived the check in time was when I got there and that usually was about 11;00 am. Then she made us wait for an hour, it was about 1:30 when she called us back to say the room was ready.we went in the office, and she took my card and ID and still was acting like she was having issues. I asked her for an certain room, that I always get when I am at the hotel. She said both rooms were available when we checked in at the office. Then she went back and said, that the room was not available an hour later. Then she tried to force us to take a room that we didn't want. All this while talking crazy, and acting belligerent. I was like what's wrong with her. she showed us the room that she had, and when I told her I wanted a refund because I didn't like the room. She then refused to give me a refund and told me that since I booked it online I had to take it. I was like no I want a refund, I don't want this room.This is not what I asked for. I then told her, that I did not get the service that I usually get from this place. I was shocked, she then ran in the inside and yelled to the top of her lungs. "To get out of here, you are not getting a receipt. You must leave or I'm going to call the police. I was shocked, how I was treated and she slammed the door in my face. And was yelling for us to leave.So we left and I said, I would not be going back there ever again. And I am not going to. That used to be a favorite place of mine to get away sometimes. It's sad that we are losing good business in the Mesa, AZ area. I made a investment in that place and in the end, they left me with a horrible experience from a hotel.The owners just have went down in a black whole. They don't even care about the service of their most valued customers anymore.They have forgotten that customers keep a business going. Without them, your business will run out. God bless and be careful in this crazy world.

Room Tip: Don't put up with settling for a room you don't like. Make sure you get what you paid for.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rio Rancho, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed here and was given room 124. The front staff were very nice. I appreciated her humor and had a really nice conversation with her. I read the review from 206Dawn, and I don't think this was the same hotel. There was no train anywhere near by.
It's a clean place, nicely painted on the outside, especially when compared to the competition. Inside, it's clean and nice. The room is not a two room suite from one of the major chains. If you walk into it with that in mind, it's very nice. The furniture is all pretty standard. The desk chair was comfortable, there is a fridge and a microwave. The curtains were nice and dark, the carpet was in good shape, 19"ish TV. The bathroom is nicely done, but this is a 50's or earlier hotel. There are some warps and distortions in some places. The bathroom was one of those places, but it was clean! The shower is standard for the vintage, about 30" square. Water pressure was good, and the water was nice and hot and stayed at temp.

Now for the things that make it average. The bed was covered with a standard hotel bedspread, the sheets were clean, but the mattress had a plastic cover over it, which was under the sheet. For someone that runs hot like me, it made me sweat a bit. The air conditioner worked great, but it was a wall mount unit and was just a tad noisy.

Overall, for what I paid for the room, it was a good bargain. it's clean, nice and overall very comfortable. Next time, I'd ask for them to take the plastic off.

Room Tip: I don't have enough experience to help with this choice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Had to go to Phoenix area for a memorial service. Wanted to visit Organ Stop Pizza on first night so booked an inexpensive room in Mesa. All the reviews I read were pretty much accurate. I found the bed to be passably comfortable and the room very clean. I could never get my laptop connected to the internet. The shower was clean but water poured out onto the bathroom floor because the curtain wouldn't stay in place. Probably the fact that the stall is VERY tiny and it's impossible to not bump the curtain. Being claustrophobic made this quite uncomfortable.
When I returned from Organ Stop I was approached by a man on a bicycle subtly offering drugs. I think I'll pay the extra $ to stay in a nicer hotel in a better area next time!

Room Tip: Rooms in another establishment are better!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
San Anselmo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

The owners were very rude and did not honor their word (they agreed upon a refund for last day and then didn't honor that). Very dark, dirty and cheap. The shower was broken and shot out cold water. Loud because a train goes by every couple hours throughout the night. For so many reasons, I would not stay there again if someone paid me to.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Kettering, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I grew up in Mesa, back in the 70's when Tri-City was a mall and this strip was hopping. Times change, the neigborhood is not as busy, but the pre-freeway hotels still function.

Despite having grown up in Mesa, I usually stay in Tempe or Scottsdale these days, in the newer, hipper, or nicer neighborhoods. But this trip (I come out every year) I knew what I wanted. A hotel near the light-rail. I'd heard it was a nice ride, and that it made driving to ASU or downtown Phoenix unecessary. Why drive and pay to park when visiting the Heard Festival, Spring Training, or the Tempe Town Lake.

Well the Light-rail is cool, and does make some driving unecessary, but you still need a car to really do the valley well.

So I stayed here on purpose, not expecting much. I'm glad I stayed here. The owner was friendly. No one bothered me while I was in my room, sitting by the pool, or walking down to Filaberto's for a burro. Is the place classy? Well, no, but it is clean. My room was fresh, well decorated, had good cable, the pool area was comfortable. My fellow guests a mix of Cub fans, long term taxi drivers, and one night family stays. I slept well, except for one night when the kids decided to play with their skateboards until around 10.

There are washers and dryers and ice machines on site (all at a cost), and there is a Circle K next door. I predict this place will be even more popular when the Cubs move to their new field at the Riverside in 2015 and the Athletics take over Hohokam Field, but until then, this is still a nice place at a good price.

When I left I asked a question I rarely ask an owner. "Can I get a better price for a long term stay for next year on your website?" Yes. I'll be back.

Room Tip: The room location depends on what kind of room you want. I liked the rooms on the east wing best, b...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Apache Junction, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed at this property two years ago and thought it was good but the property has undergone a major refurbishment and it is even better

Room Tip: Suites with the hot tubs are a nice treat in winter
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to American Executive Inn? Share your experiences!