“Quiet and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Quiet and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a lovely, extremely clean, friendly hotel in Mesa Az. There is no room service but it is situated in a centre with several excellent restaurants that will deliver to the room, and breakfast is complimentary. The rooms are very comfortable, roomy and well-appointed and the usual complimentary coffee maker etc all worked very well (unlike some other, much more expensive places I have stayed). The Superstition Springs Mall is a short free hotel shuttle ride away, and has an excellent shopping experience - also I saw a golf course nearby. Staff were very helpful and informative and very flexible; they really gave me the feeling that they did want to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The area is quiet and seemed safe (I didn't check that out specifically, but it had a great feel to it). Breakfast was wonderful, and for people like me who do not function too well in the morning all was simplicity itself. The coffee was especially good and deserves special mention. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for reasonable and high quality accommodation; and I would also advocate the Blue Van Supershuttle to get to and from the airport. That is extremely cheap (US $20) and can be simply booked online and is an absolute godsend for the exhausted traveller.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, and being in Phoenix it's not a skyscraper - two storeys and very well appo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for a while and was disappointed. The overnight clerk during the week was loud and very rude. He would sit in the back office playing on his computer acting like a kid. Noises and all. Yelling and laughing as loud as he could. No manners or consideration for people around him. The lobby was cold during the week no matter how cold or hot it was outside.. Got instant chills. And the lobby music while a good variety was way too loud. Had to yell just to be heard even if you were a foot a way from the person. Its pretty sad when you have to yell over the music but what's worse is having to yell over the clerk. The weekend overnight clerk was more than helpful. I noticed on the weekend the music was lower and the a/c was at a decent setting. The breakfast was pretty good. Its a decent location not far from the airport or mall. The pool areas a tad small. The rooms are ok nothing fancy. The bed was lumpy and the pillows are flat. Slight lingering smell of cigarettes. I will go else where next time. Country inn is a little pricey.

• Stayed October 2012
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, November 5, 2012

We are in the process of renovation our guest rooms and are pleased to announce in September we installed all new carpet in all guest rooms on the 3rd floor. We also just ordered new TV's for several of our suites.

We hope you'll come back to see the change!

Tamassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went to Mesa AZ to visit family and chose this hotel because it was only a few miles from where they lived. The only reason I'm not giving this an excellent rating is due to a 'few bumps in the road.' I realize check in time wasn't until 4pm; however, most hotels will allow you to check in a little early. We attempted to check in at 3:30pm, but our room was still classified as 'dirty' according to the front desk. Since we had to be at our family reunion at 4pm we weren't able to check in until later that night. When we finally got our room we noted stains on the carpet as well as on the sofa and arm chair and wondered if this was 'considered clean'? Overall the rest of the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet offered hot and cold food and was very good. We also used the exercise room and was surprised there was no weight machine as that is usually standard for all hotels that offer this feature.

We had an early flight the morning of our departure and had to check out at 3am. The front desk clerk apparently had been asleep as I had to call out several times before he came to the desk and looked very disheveled and unprofessional. His shirt was pulled out and he wore no tie. I'm not sure what management expects of the nightshift personnel, but that was not a very good first impression for someone checking in.

The complimentary coffee/tea and cookies 7/24 was a very nice example of 'hospitality'. We will probably stay there again when we visit family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012

I am sorry to hear you experienced a few issues on your recent stay and if you would like me to discuss further with you, please feel free to email me at cx_mesa@countryinns.com. I assure you the issues mentioned will be resolved.

We are so very glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and the comfort of our beds and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Friendly, efficient staff, clean rooms and great location. I stay at Country Inns every chance I get while traveling. They never dissapoint. The Mesa property is among the best. Great location close to shopping and many great restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and happy travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Have stay at this hotel on many occasions it is by far one of the best staffed hotels I have ever stayed. I have traveled all over the world and have stayed at many hotels from Marriott to Four Seasons...and I can tell you I have never been treated so well as with Country Inn and Suites Mesa, AZ. I always look forward to staying there. Originally I stayed there for location (which is bar non amazing!! Top restaurants within walking distance, Krispy Kream next door, movie theater across street, Mall 4 blocks away, Target and WALLMART it's everything u could ever want within a 5 mile radious. I wouldn't even consider another property when visiting AZ...Now that I have said all that this great hotel will probably be always booked and I won't be able to get a room!! LOL

• Stayed August 2012
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, August 24, 2012

We love our location as well and are happy that it worked for you during your travels. Don't worry about not being able to book us again in the future . . . we’ll save room for you!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and happy travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel was by far the best we have stayed in. This is our 2nd Country Inn and Suite this year that we have stayed at and now will be our only choice of hotel to stay at when we travel. The staff (especially Sandy) are so helpful and go out of their way to help us with our accommodations. Very clean, pleasant, very relaxing since this was a stressful trip. It was nice to come back to the hotel and just relax instantly.....like being at home. Thank you! This hotel shines above all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. It truly means a lot to us to read this!

I'll be sure to pass on to Sandy your favorable comments and am happy to hear we were able to add a little ease to your visit.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The Country Inn and Suites in Mesa is a great hotel-free breakfast, nice outdoor pool, large rooms, and great location right off of the highway. I booked several rooms for a business trip and the Sales Dept was wonderful! Denise from Sales made all my arrangements, suggested restaurants and even suggested that I use the free hotel shuttle to get to/from local meetings. Our rooms were very clean and very reasonably priced. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We greatly appreciate it!

I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Denise and we are so happy to hear all went well with your group.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa? Share your experiences!