This hotel is the kind where after staying, you are looking for an excuse to come back and stay again.
Quality, quality, quality, quality. That about sums up this hotel. You wonder why it has such a high Yelp and TripAdvisor rating? Because this hotel is that good. The moment you walk in the door to the lobby you can tell.
Personnel: 5 stars
From the first moment we checked in to when we left, every person on staff was friendly, acknowledged us, and was helpful. Everyone smiled and said hello. Everyone. The front desk, the breakfast ladies, the housekeeping staff--all smiled and said a greeting. What? You LIKE working here?
Location: 5 stars
The Hyatt is located right next to/is part of the Mesa Riverview Park shopping open air complex. Department stores, lots of restaurants, Walmart, Bass Pro Shop, professional services, specialty shops--you're all set. Even though the Hyatt is part of the complex, you would never know in the hotel that you were.
This Hyatt is also close to several attractions. We personally went to Papago Park which has the Phoenix Zoo, The Desert Botanical Gardens, Papago Golf Course, the Municipal Park for the Oakland A's training. This is a 15 minute drive or less from the hotel. 15 to 20 minutes away is Piestewa Peak, great for a vigorous hike with great sights of the city. And there are more. This is a nice home base location for Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, and Scottsdale.
Facilities: 5 stars
The lobby is comfortable. There is a two computer workplace. Wifi is free with a clear and strong signal. 9 hole putting green. Exercise room. Swimming pool and jacuzzi. There is a handicapped assist lift for the pool and the jacuzzi. Plush towels for the pool. Others said there is a TV there, but I did not check that out.
There is a bar that is open all night where you can also order food. There is no room service, but you can order and pick it up. Alas, they do not have trays to carry your food back to your room so it is a juggling act or have others help carry it to the room. The menu is nice, though, and reasonably priced for hotels.
The halls are not narrow. Exit signs posted at crawl level in case of fire.Two elevators reduce waiting time.
Free Breakfast: 4+ stars
Hot skillet items. A type of egg on a muffin with different varieties each day. With basil or cheese or onion, or bell pepper or ham, etc. Actually tasty and not like an Egg McMuffin, thank goodness. Also alternating with pancakes or French toast. Plenty of drinks, cereals, tasty pastries, bread, muffins, oatmeal, fruit.
The breakfast area was really nice. Like a restaurant, not like an after-thought space or room like most hotels serve their breakfasts in. The dishes were all plastic, but designed to look like glass and porcelain so it still looked classy without the breakage safety issues. All the utensils were heavy duty, nothing cheap.
Rooms: 5 stars
We had a corner room with a King size bed. It had a living area built-in with a sleeper sofa, a love seat, and an ottoman. A nice 47" LCD LD flat screen TV with remote. This was mounted on a station so that you could plug in your own device (Bluray player, laptop, etc.) with an HDMI cable, 15-pin video cable, RCA cables, miniplug audio cables, and power. Easy switches, too. Really nice. Bring your favorite gaming platform and go for it.
All of the doors, the room door and the closet door were impressively thick and heavy. The walls must have been well insulated and thick because we heard nothing from anyone or anything at all during our three-day stay.
The beds were comfortable and gave a good night sleep. The room temperature was controlled by a thermostat.
There was free coffee and tea. A refrigerator. No microwave, you would have to use the one down at the bar. Drawers for your clothes was next to the refrigerator and was below the counter space where the coffee maker was. There were only three drawers. We managed, but it would be nicer if there were more drawers in the room.
The bathroom was nice and not cramped with enough space. The towels were full sized, but not the most plush I've ever experienced at a hotel. Plenty of hot water, was never an issue. Nice enough shower head and a curved curtain rod to give more room. Quality complimentary shampoos, conditioners, soaps, lotions, etc.
The room had two windows, which made for nice daytime light and a good view.
Very comfortable and enjoyable room.
Price: 5 stars
The price was a steal. Especially since this is the busy season for Arizona. Could not believe the price I got on this through their website. Other online pricing all had the same price as they. The rate was the same for this 3 star category hotel as it was for a 2 star hotel.
We loved our stay!
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa Hotel Mesa
- Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Mesa Riverview shopping center, Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa is adjacent to Bass Pro Shops, Toby Keiths I Love This Bar and Grill, shopping, dining, and entertainment. Just 8 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and a short drive to anywhere in the Phoenix area.Hyatt Place is designed for the 24/7 lifestyle of a multi-tasker, perfectly blending style and comfort. Guests can enjoy a fresh bite to eat at anytime of the day off the menu in the Gallery, start their day with the all-new complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet™, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes and steel cut oatmeal, is available daily in our Guest Kitchen, and stay connected through free wi-fi and 42 inch tvs in all guestrooms. Relax poolside with cooling mist, music and movies or relax in our new Jacuzzi. At Hyatt Place guests discover everything they need for a refreshingly seamless stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.