“great location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Albuquerque
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Wanted a hotel on the outskirts of Phoenix. Hotel location is excellent. Room was clean and comfortable.
Disappointed in the restaurant tho. Ordered a salad to share and was charged for two half salads. Heard in the kitchen that they were out of mushrooms, but was not told that by the waitress until the flatbread arrived. No apology, just out of mushrooms.
Now I need to investigate why I did not receive any Hyatt points for this stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
jrbersch, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Good Afternoon,
If you have the opportunity, please contact the hotel so that we may look into your question about Hyatt Gold Passport points. I would also like to address your experience in the gallery. I myself love mushrooms and would be pretty disappointed to learn that they wouldn't be available for my favorite burger. It is our standard to have them available and while I cannot answer as to why we were out on this particular day, I want to apologize for not only being out, but for my team. We pride ourselves on top notch service. When I learn that we did not meet or exceed expectations of any guest I take it very seriously. Thank you for the review and for your constructive comments. It is my hope that you visit the hotel again soon!

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Place in Mesa for 4 nights. A great location near plenty of shopping and food choices, movie theaters and 1/4 mile from the highway. The rooms are very large with a large flat screen TV, coffee maker and small fridge but no microwave - not even in the breakfast area. The beds are very comfortable. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast is above average with plenty of seating. The rooms have Starbucks coffee for two. The hotel appears to have a shortage of housekeeping staff. I returned to my room at 2:30 one afternoon and the room had not been cleaned. I called and 30 mins later someone finally showed up. The rooms are not kept as clean as you would expect from a Hyatt property and the towels are absolutely as rough as sandpaper. While my room was being cleaned I went to the bar to continue working. While there I had two glasses of beer and my final bill showed I had three! This hotel does not offer the NFL channel so no football anywhere in the hotel on Thursday. Hyatt is not aware that there are millions of NFL fans in this country. I will be back to Phoenix but probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the pool or you will looking out on the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thnaks for the review. I would like to take a moment to respond to a couple of issues. If you find yourself back in Mesa and need a microwave, please ask any of my team members. While they are not a standard in the guest room, we have received similar feedback from other guests and because of feedback like yours, we purchased several microwaves to loan out to the guests to use in their room.
As a football fanatic, I sit in front of my television every weekend watching my favorite teams. I certainly understand your disappointment that we do not carry the NFL Network. This is something that I will look into and see if we are able to carry in the future.
Once again, Thank you for the review!
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have stayed at this property previously, and it is an okay place to stay. Everyone was friendly, and efficient.
However, I didn't have my HHonors number with me and I asked one Guy if he could find it on the computer. Apparently, he couldn't be bothered, allegedly because he was too busy. There was one other person in line. I called this Guy later from the room, and he still couldn't be bothered.
Half an hour later, I went to the desk where there was another clerk (didn't catch his name) who found the number inside of fifteen seconds.

Breakfast buffet was good, and the wait staff very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

By the time we got to this hotel, anything clean would have sufficed. I was pleasantly surprised by the tasteful and beautiful décor throughout the hotel and especially in our room. The room is spacious and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The staff has been very kind and helpful. Great location. Definitely would return.

• Stayed August 2013
seattle, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Arriving in Phoenix on a 100+ degree day, and couldn't wait to get out to the pool. What? The pool's closed? Incredibly disappointing start to our trip. For anyone booking in the near future, make sure to check on the status of the pool project, because it's a real downer. Booked online, so I really can't blame anyone but myself, but I had sort of hoped they at least have some arrangement with a nearby hotel or pool or... something.

Otherwise it's a nice hotel. The room was very modern, unique style and arrangement. Loved the giant sofa at the entryway. Breakfast was very good, one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location, within walking distance of the riverwalk area, is perfect. Plenty of shops and restaurants around. I'd definitely come back, but only once the pool project is complete!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jrbersch, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank You for taking time post a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate the very kind remarks in spite of the fact that our pool was closed for remodel. While it may not make a lot of sense closing a pool during the dead of summer, this period of time was chosen so that we might inconvenience the fewest people. Our pool is heated throughout the year (except summer when heater is not required, rather ice cubes) and gets the most use during the milder temps of the other three seasons.
We placed notices on our website and every other site used to book our hotel that the pool would be under renovation until August 30. I am very pleased to say that we finished our construction on time and we opened up this past Friday. I want to take this moment to apologize that you were not able to experience the oasis we have created for our guests. We have added a 14 person hot tub for those chilly winter nights we have in Phoenix, misting systems so that lounging poolside in the dead of summer is enjoyable, state of the art audio/visual system that allows us to play movies, music and sports poolside. We have done all of this to enhance the guest experience.
I would truly enjoy the opportunity to host you and your family again in Mesa, should your travels bring you back, please contact me personally so that we can meet during your visit. We will be adding a photo of the pool area to this site very soon, stay tuned!
Germantown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Hyatt had free breakfast and WiFi. The breakfast is a little more modern for our taste. We like good old eggs and bacon/sausage. They had some kind of artesian breakfast thing going on. They didn't have vending machines in the building and wanted to sell overpriced sodas at the service counter. We went to the nearby Walmart instead. The hotel is located right next to a movie theatre and like three shopping centers and the Salt River. They also had no guest laundry. In short, they're trying to be a higher status hotel, without the conveniences or price of one. The room was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I travel frequently with work and I have stayed in 3 Hyatt Places in the past month. This one has trumped the rest. I was greeted with the most energetic and friendly staff upon my arrival and that friendliness did not dull over my 5 night stay. Every time I entered or exited the hotel I stopped to have brief conversation with the desk clerk. Because I was on an extended stay, I was pleased to see the breakfast bar changed with variety from day to day.. that was a huge plus. My room was very clean and the house keeping staff even arranged my shoes into a cubby and tucked my toothbrush into a small towel next to the sink. This hotel is right next to the interstate making it super convenient to get where I needed to be for business. And the location of this Hyatt Place was perfect for play too! It's surrounded by restaurants and bars that are in walking distance or a $2 cab ride. Very satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa? Share your experiences!