“The best bang for your buck” 5 of 5 stars

You added Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club to your Saves list
Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   6302 E. McKellips Road, Mesa, AZ 85215   |
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
“The best bang for your buck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am not staying anywhere else, this resort is peaceful, large, and in a perfect area. You get 20% off at the restarant just for showing your room key and the staff is unbelievably helpful and friendly. I wish they were apartments so I could live there all the time, and with an over 700 sq. ft suite it sure felt like one. Amazing deal. Clean and fresh, felt like home away from home.

• Stayed November 2012
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review, very glad you feel we are your home away from home. We strive to provide a homey, comfortable atmosphere. Come back and see us all.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I checked into the hotel 11/1/2012 between 4:00 and 5:00 PM, we think the front desk person's name is Kyle. Anyway, we would like to thank him for changing our room from 138A to 128A after we checked into 138A and the smell in there was so bad and overwhelming that we could not possibly stay there and invite our family over and expose them to that smell.

After we notified Kyle at the front desk of our problem with room 138A, he immediately helped us with our request to move us to another room. Not only did he move us to another room, but, to a fantastic room off the golf coarse, next to a pond and fountain. The area is lovely and just right for us.

Thank you so much Kyle. You helped to make our stay a magnificent one.

Keep up the good work.

Donna and Guy Maxwell

Room Tip: Rooms of the golf course near the pond and fountain are quiet, fun to watch the really bad golfers a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review. I agree Kyle is an outstanding team member. We will definitely follow up with him on a job well done. It is great know Kyle exceeded your expectations and provided you with a quality vacation experience. Hope to see you soon.
PHILADELPHIA, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed there in January 2012. Our main interest was the Grand Canyon and some other touristic areas in Arizona - one day tours, mostly. Being Westgate owners, we have been to many of them but I gotta say this one was a pleasent surprise. I was so peaceful and well kept... most of the staff were very nice and Rachel, the lady in charge of receiving us was very, very helpful. She gave us an envelope with lots of brochures and suggestions of things to do. The pool areas were fabulous: towels, net and balls to play volleyball and ring to throw and play a little! The jacuzzi was great - right temperature, going all day long. We also loved the very clean gas grills that were distributed all over. The apartment was very clean and comfy - the bed was great! It did need a little bit of updating - I mentioned this to Rachel and she said they were planning to remodel since Westgate bought this resort only some time ago. As for housekeeping, they changed our sheets in the middle of the week and dusted a little once. We just loved Arizona in winter and loved the Painted Mountain Westgate resort.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us such a great review. We appreciate your business and hope you come to see us again. Our goal as always is to provide you with a quality vacation experience that exceeds all expectations. See you next time.
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We booked the resort for all of our out-of-town guests for our son's wedding. We had a great week and heard many positive comments from our guests. We used the golf course on the premises for our wedding golf outing. The pool, hot tubs, play ground for the kids, and grilling facilities all provided for a great stay. We felt we received very good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we appreciate you taking time to leave us a review. Hope you will come see us again soon.
Modesto, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last weekend for a wedding. I was extremely disappointed to find upon returning to my room, that housekeeping had not made it by. I called the desk to request housekeeping and they assured me they would come. I left for the wedding and when I returned my room was just as I had left it. I had no clean towels. It was approximately 9:00 pm. I walked to the front desk and informed them that my room had never been cleaned. The employee told me that all the housekeepers were gone for the night and asked if I needed anything. I told him I needed towels. He told me they would send some right up and no one ever came. In the morning, upon check-out, I mentioned my frustration and asked to speak to a manager. The manger was conveniently off until Tuesday but I was assured I would get a call back. And it is now Thursday and still no call. I just called them and they apologized and offered me 10% off one night. I took them up on that but it still does not make it right. They should have cleaned my room without being asked and when I did ask they should have come right away. And then to never bring the towels after I walked to the desk makes the situation even worse. Very bad customer service. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We appreciate your review and apologize that we fell short of an excellent vacation destination during your stay. We will definitely review the situation and cleaning records and use it as a learning tool. Thank you.
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We came to Mesa to visit parents, and traded a timeshare week for a week here, and were pleasantly surprised. The resort was very easy to find, close to shopping. The staff is very friendly, and always eager to help with any questions or concerns. The resort is very clean, as are the villas themselves. The rooms are specious, and have everything you need. We were surprised to find that the unit contained a dishwasher. The washer/dryer was a bonus!! The bed is King sized, and is VERY comfortable!! I would highly recommend this resort, and if we ever come back to Mesa, this is where we would stay again. The ONLY downside was the cost for using the internet. Wireless internet is available, but it's $39.99 for 7 days. That seemed pretty pricey, compared to other places we have stayed, where it's free, or for a very minimal fee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are so glad that you had a great time as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your return so that you may experience all the resort has to offer and exceeding your expectations again.
Sherwood, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was a little skeptical when we booked our timeshare here because of some of the reviews. It was booked less than a month before and all that was available was a hotel unit/studio. The check-in process was great! We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and our daughter and son-in-law surprised us and booked a stay for a few nights there too. We were able to get rooms close to each other and I had requested a golf course view, which we got. But, my daughter's room was facing the front of the resort and said that the walls were very thin and could hear the children running and playing very early the next morning. As far as I know, they didn't complain to the front desk as they were only going to be there a couple nights. We leave the a/c fan running to circulate the air and create white noise - therefore didn't hear our neighbors. The resort wasn't crowded, so many rooms were vacant. Also the golf course was closed due to over-seeding at this time of year. (End of September) The rooms were very clean, although a little dated. Since it was considered a hotel unit, there wasn't a sofa but there was a small table and two chairs in the small kitchen area. Only a coffee pot, microwave and small fridge but adequate for our needs. There was a nice patio table and four chairs right outside our room overlooking the golf course with a nice ceiling fan to keep us cool while sipping cocktails :) Pool and whirlpool was very nice. Lots of lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas. Basketball hoop and volleyball net in pool was enjoyed by a lot of guests. Lots of large and well maintained grills around the property. A small mall with grocery store and cafe was within walking distance. Restaurant by clubhouse was beautiful and we enjoyed the food and entertainment. We enjoyed eating lunch on the deck facing the golf course with the misters keeping us cool. There are lots of activities for kids and grownups too! We are looking forward to visiting again soon!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room on the upper floor facing the golf course
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your review of Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club. We love that you had a "Pleasant Surprise." We appreciate your kind words about our decor and grounds. Our staff works very hard to keep our resort well-maintained. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
Days Hotel Mesa Country Club
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mesa Superstition Springs
Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch

Been to Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club? Share your experiences!