“Great Week” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 55 hotels in Mesa
Midland, Michigan
“Great Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We booked the resort for all of our out-of-town guests for our son's wedding. We had a great week and heard many positive comments from our guests. We used the golf course on the premises for our wedding golf outing. The pool, hot tubs, play ground for the kids, and grilling facilities all provided for a great stay. We felt we received very good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we appreciate you taking time to leave us a review. Hope you will come see us again soon.

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Modesto, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last weekend for a wedding. I was extremely disappointed to find upon returning to my room, that housekeeping had not made it by. I called the desk to request housekeeping and they assured me they would come. I left for the wedding and when I returned my room was just as I had left it. I had no clean towels. It was approximately 9:00 pm. I walked to the front desk and informed them that my room had never been cleaned. The employee told me that all the housekeepers were gone for the night and asked if I needed anything. I told him I needed towels. He told me they would send some right up and no one ever came. In the morning, upon check-out, I mentioned my frustration and asked to speak to a manager. The manger was conveniently off until Tuesday but I was assured I would get a call back. And it is now Thursday and still no call. I just called them and they apologized and offered me 10% off one night. I took them up on that but it still does not make it right. They should have cleaned my room without being asked and when I did ask they should have come right away. And then to never bring the towels after I walked to the desk makes the situation even worse. Very bad customer service. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We appreciate your review and apologize that we fell short of an excellent vacation destination during your stay. We will definitely review the situation and cleaning records and use it as a learning tool. Thank you.
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We came to Mesa to visit parents, and traded a timeshare week for a week here, and were pleasantly surprised. The resort was very easy to find, close to shopping. The staff is very friendly, and always eager to help with any questions or concerns. The resort is very clean, as are the villas themselves. The rooms are specious, and have everything you need. We were surprised to find that the unit contained a dishwasher. The washer/dryer was a bonus!! The bed is King sized, and is VERY comfortable!! I would highly recommend this resort, and if we ever come back to Mesa, this is where we would stay again. The ONLY downside was the cost for using the internet. Wireless internet is available, but it's $39.99 for 7 days. That seemed pretty pricey, compared to other places we have stayed, where it's free, or for a very minimal fee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are so glad that you had a great time as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your return so that you may experience all the resort has to offer and exceeding your expectations again.
Sherwood, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was a little skeptical when we booked our timeshare here because of some of the reviews. It was booked less than a month before and all that was available was a hotel unit/studio. The check-in process was great! We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and our daughter and son-in-law surprised us and booked a stay for a few nights there too. We were able to get rooms close to each other and I had requested a golf course view, which we got. But, my daughter's room was facing the front of the resort and said that the walls were very thin and could hear the children running and playing very early the next morning. As far as I know, they didn't complain to the front desk as they were only going to be there a couple nights. We leave the a/c fan running to circulate the air and create white noise - therefore didn't hear our neighbors. The resort wasn't crowded, so many rooms were vacant. Also the golf course was closed due to over-seeding at this time of year. (End of September) The rooms were very clean, although a little dated. Since it was considered a hotel unit, there wasn't a sofa but there was a small table and two chairs in the small kitchen area. Only a coffee pot, microwave and small fridge but adequate for our needs. There was a nice patio table and four chairs right outside our room overlooking the golf course with a nice ceiling fan to keep us cool while sipping cocktails :) Pool and whirlpool was very nice. Lots of lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas. Basketball hoop and volleyball net in pool was enjoyed by a lot of guests. Lots of large and well maintained grills around the property. A small mall with grocery store and cafe was within walking distance. Restaurant by clubhouse was beautiful and we enjoyed the food and entertainment. We enjoyed eating lunch on the deck facing the golf course with the misters keeping us cool. There are lots of activities for kids and grownups too! We are looking forward to visiting again soon!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room on the upper floor facing the golf course
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your review of Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club. We love that you had a "Pleasant Surprise." We appreciate your kind words about our decor and grounds. Our staff works very hard to keep our resort well-maintained. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again soon!
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were meeting my parents in Phoenix to celebrate my birthday and as we had stayed at this resort when it first opened (10-11 years ago) and loved it we decided to stay again.

My boyfriend booked online via Westgate website about 6 months prior to flying out, everything seemed fine, confirmation was emailed etc. When we arrived at the resort my boyfriend was told that the booking had been cancelled, which we had received no notification of, we were told the payment was never taken which is why it was cancelled, due to no computer access at the hotel we couldn't check this. We received no apology from the woman on reception. Luckily I had a credit card with us so that we could book another room, otherwise we would have been stranded 5000 miles from home with no where to sleep for 3 nights.

We were given a room at the front of the hotel which was very loud from the road, as we are both somewhat light sleepers, it just wasn't acceptable, I went back to front desk and requested another room away from the road. The lady gave us a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the golf course, unfortunately this room had either not been used in a VERY long time or simply not cleaned. There were small black bugs in the bath, a dead cockroach on the bathroom floor and the blinds were clogged up with spider webs. At this point I had simply lost patience with the 'resort' and we went looking for another hotel nearby, of which we could not find one. We went back to reception and the lady who was there before wasn't there, instead a young guy called Matthew saw us and told us that 'now she isn't here I'll give you the room I wanted to give you', he was extremely apologetic and couldn't have been nicer.

The room we finally got was acceptable. It is obvious that the rooms have not been updated since the place opened and it is greatly needed. The studios are very small and cramped.

The service and rooms ruined what should have been a great birthday. I will never stay in this hotel again.

On a good point: thank you Matthew.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We apologize you were not satisfied with your accommodations or our service during your stay with us. We have received your comments and have reviewed them with the staff as a learning tool to provide better service in the future. We appreciate you taking the time to respond to us regarding your stay and we will follow up with Matt on a job well done.
Kitchener, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

this resort was very nice located close to where we wanted to play golf staff was very friendly and helpful the pool and other equipment was in very good shape had a good number of BBQ to use around the resort it was also very peace no noise to worry about

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gmpaintedmountain, General Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Westgate Painted Mountain and took the time to write us a review. The area has a lot of great golf courses close. Glad you took some time to enjoy our amenities. Hope you come visit us again soon.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Rented the 2 bed room which is really an apartment with a 1 bedroom attached. There is certainly plenty of room and the washer/dryer are great to keep the travelling baggage down. Although sold to me as 5* I would only rate this as 3. It is tired with plating worn off taps, cracks in bathtub and floor tiles and cracked paint. The apartment was clean though. Where they have re-painted there are splashes on the floor. They also still have the monster old TV's (not LCD) although there were 3 of them. Saying that if you can get this for a good price off season do it as you wil struggle to find accocomation as spacious as this. I would stay here again but only if it was cheap.

Room Tip: choose one away from the road as it can get a bit noisy at rush hour (which seems to be for most of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
gmpaintedmountain, General Manager at Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We apologize if we did not exceed your expectations. We are updating and remodeling rooms and hope to complete the updates by the end of the year. Thanks again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Been to Westgate Painted Mountain Country Club? Share your experiences!