“Argentine delight” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 40 hotels in Puerto Iguazu
Iguazu National Park, Argentina
“Argentine delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Lovely and set apart from the urban hustle of the tourist filled streets, close enough to walk anywhere within the busiest part of the central city. The hotel was very well appointed with pool facing the river.
Excellent staff very helpful with directions and even printing boarding passes for flights out. Rooms are clean with great views of the river and jungles beyond. Overall very satisfied with our experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PabloD932, Manager at Panoramic Hotel Iguazu, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time and write about your experience in Panoramic Hotel Iguazú.

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed the beauty of the waterfalls and our hotel, and we have exceeded your expectations. I also want to thank you for helping us recommending other travelers, the excellent and particular view of the 3 borders from our river view rooms and from the pool.

Also our Hotel is located very near of a wonderful area with many restaurants, cafes and shops, thank you very much for let that other travelers could know it.

519 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
tel aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

very nice hotel - we checked inn at 10 o'clock - the rooms clean and with all thinks you need - the breakfast was very good and the the staff very polite and efficient - the swimming pool and the roman pool clean-
a wonderful panoramic view of the river and the forest
the restaurant from the hotel not so expensive -and tasty food
the hotel promotion was with with transfer from the airport includded but we waited for a half hour and nobody was there - so we looked for a solition and i think we did the best-we rented a car and so we was independent to go where we wonted - hertz was the company and with a normal price -

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed the beauty of the waterfalls and our hotel, and we have exceeded your expectations. I also want to thank you for helping us recommending other travelers, the excellent and particular view of the 3 borders from our balcony river view rooms.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is top notch. From the pool overlooking the triple frontier, to the rooms. It is located very near a wonderful area with many restaurants, cafes and shops, and even a little brazilian market that is great to eat at at night. The breakfast bar is the best I have ever had. Soo many different options, from scrambled eggs to the classic "faturas" from Argentina. Loved everything about our stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PabloD932, Manager at Panoramic Hotel Iguazu, responded to this review, October 15, 2013

Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is atop a hilltop overlooking the river with a panoramic view of Iguazu town. It is very quiet and nice ambience with a luxurious swimming pool in spite of being close to the township or. City which is 2 mins walk away.
Excellent breakfast and dining facility and the staff are very polite, efficient and helpful. Had a few meals in hotel and enjoyed the local fish dish grilled PAKU very much. Rooms are clean and very comfortable with functional and luxurious faucet fittings.
Good value for money and wished we could stay longer.

Room Tip: Higher floor room with river or mountain views. Try the local river grilled fish dish "PAKU&qu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PabloD932, Manager at Panoramic Hotel Iguazu, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed the beauty of the waterfalls and our hotel, and we have exceeded your expectations. I also want to thank you for helping us recommending other travelers, the excellent and particular view of the 3 borders and the Iguazu City from our rooms.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was quite nice compared to the other local hotels. It was cleaned and more modern than the other hotels in the area. I would give this hotel four stars but my only reservation is that the bed was essentially two twin bed mattresses pushed together to represent on large bed. I had a small balcony outside my room which was nice to sit and enjoy a class of wine. The panoramic view was essentially a view of the Iguazu River. It was a nice view and much prettier than the view that you would get at the other hotels on the Argentinian side; however, don’t expect a view of the waterfalls.

The staff was great. They spoke English well and were very helpful. They had a great working relationship with the tour companies which really helped with coordination of excursion arrangements. The hotel also had a small casino inside. I walked through but I did not play any of the games. They had wireless internet service and it worked extremely well in the rooms and in the lobby.

The breakfast and dinners at the hotel were not something that I enjoyed since I am a picky eater and I am not a big steak eater. I had salmon for dinner one of the nights and it was not good; it was overcooked and had way too much sauce that it made it more difficult to even taste the salmon. The house red wine was not good. The next night I got the half bottle size of Malbec and it was a bit better. Although I was not a big fan of the hotel restaurant food, the staff was so kind! I do not speak Spanish and the staff was so great with helping me with my order. I am so so grateful for the English that they speak because I do not speak any Spanish.

• Stayed September 2013
PabloD932, Manager at Panoramic Hotel Iguazu, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed the beauty of the waterfalls and our hotel, I also want to thank you for helping us recommending other travelers, the excellent and particular view of the 3 borders and of the Iguazu river join with Parana River, from our balcony river view rooms.

we are working very hard with an English local institute to train all our staff, thank you very much for your comment.

I would like to offer my sincere apology for all the inconveniences in our Restaurant, and for not reaching your expectations as a 5 star hotel

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stylish, luxurious and spacious this is a comfortable hotel. Room was very comfortable as was the lobby area. Hallways are wide and plenty of space in the rooms. Pool looked fantastic, although it was too cold to partake.I was a little disappointed in the breakfast. It has good views over the river, although it is a little "out of the way" resulting in us having to negotiate poorly lit, poorly maintained streets to get dinner in the town. Nevertheless, really stylish, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PabloD932, Manager at Panoramic Hotel Iguazu, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in Panoramic Hotel Iguazú.

Pablo D'Amato
Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were booked this hotel by our travel agent, read the reviews and arrived full of anticipation. This was sort of short lived though there were a lot of positives. The pool is great and the views are wonderful. They are only better from the spa on the top floor where you can sit in a hot tub after a massage and gaze into the middle distance....... If you do have a massage, remember the adage - you pay for what you get ie it wasn't very good!
The rest well - we noted the enthusiasm for a room at the front with a view so we paid extra and got a room at the front. Unfortunately it is at the opposite end of the hotel from the pool and only by craning your neck, can you see around to your left and the view. The sad bit is that we didn't come here to sit in our room and look at the view; we came for the Falls and afterwards to relax at the pool. So we haven't been looking out of our expensive window and even if we had been, the windows so dirty that we can't see much anyway!
We had lunch one day and breakfast on several other days. Burgers and toasted sandwiches were served cold with cold chips by a dis-interested waitress who appeared to be the cause of the delay in getting our food out. Breakfast was fine and although fried eggs were available if you didn't want the scrambled version, they could have been more adventurous over their cooked breakfast? The coffee was awful which was a shame as the breakfast spread was really good.
If you want to be a good 4 star hotel, you must get your wifi to work and the Panoramic's doesn't! It had a mind of its own in every part of the hotel and came and went when it pleased. The staff were friendly and helpful though but even they apologised for the wifi which suggested that it was an ongoing problem. We had laundry done which came back the same day despite not being requested to do so. The bedrooms were small, the bathrooms smaller but we slept well and required nothing.
We did enjoy walking into town each evening and having a drink here and there. You pay for what you get for dinner and plenty of places that have been reviewed for your choice. We particularly enjoyed Aqua.
We would stay here again happily but they need to lift their standard, cleanliness and presentation to get folk to stay here and not go out for drinks / dinner / whatever! Staff training would be a good place to start.

Room Tip: Stay at the pool end of the hotel and as high as possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PabloD932, Manager at Panoramic Hotel Iguazu, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear guest

I would like to thank you for writing about you experience at Panoramic Hotel Iguazu

We are always interested to hear the comments of our guests and we are glad that you have written to us.

I’m extremely sorry that you found the service provided not up to our usual standard

I apologize for this inconvenience and will make inquiries about it, we will continue working to correct and improve our services and facilities in order to achieve this goal as soon as possible.

About the rooms, I would like to tell you Panoramic Hotel Iguazu, was built in 1962, its construction marked the beginning of Iguazu's golden days and the development of the town into a tourist hub. Hotel was rebuilt in 2007 and we should have to keep the original building to save its history, Panoramic Hotel is now the historical heritage of the city of Puerto Iguazu

Warm Regards

Been to Panoramic Hotel Iguazu? Share your experiences!