“Good location, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iguazu Jungle Lodge

You added Iguazu Jungle Lodge to your Saves list
Iguazu Jungle Lodge
3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   Hipolito Irigoyen y San Lorenzo, Puerto Iguazu 3370, Argentina   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nottingham
“Good location, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Had two nights here on our trip to the Falls (please, please, go to Iguazu, you will remember it forever). Well sited hotel on the edge of town - but thats where you want to be. Puerto Iguazu exists as a tourist - and mostly backpacker type hostel town (fair enough). There are lots of bigger hotels a short ride out of town, but if you are not in a car, this hotel is near enough to walk into town, should you wish to do so. Its a complex of lodges built on a slope and around a pool. From the back of the lodges, it really does feel like being in the jungle. Taxi to the hotel from the bus station was 20 pesos. It would probably take you 10 or 15 minutes to walk, but you wouldn't want to do that with luggage in the heat. The lodges are spacious and pretty well equipped - including kitchen and outdoor barbecue on a terrace at the back, should you wish to cook for yourselves (supermarket in town). The lodges are also pretty private - so no noise from neighbours. I guess they are a bit dated in their fixtures and fittings (with the exception of good flat screen tv) but everthing worked well and it was very clean and comfortable. There is a really nice swimming pool and an excellent games room - with table tennis, pool, mini play area for toddlers, TV, showers etc. which I imagine would be really great if you had kids with you. This is tucked away at the back of the pool, so not intrusive for those not wishing to use it. The restaurant was fine - nothing remarkable about the food, but perfectly adequate tucker. You could get cheaper if you walked into town - but we did not, so cannot comment on relative quality. Service was good. Breakfast was good for Argentina - hot and cold food, fruits and a good selection of pastries etc. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. Greeted us with a nice fresh juice drink on arrival. They speak good English (and I think several other languages too). You can organise tours from there and taxis to the falls. They organised a private car for us, going and coming at our convenience. I guess you could get cheaper from the taxi rank in town, but probably not saving much. There is of course a bus from town too, for those who are on a budget or prefer to use public transport.
Go to the falls first thing in the day, be there as the park opens, and try to be on the first mini train out to the Devil's Throat - which leaves about 8.30. You will really appreciate getting to that magical spot before the crowds. The falls paths are really well organised and afford magnifient views of the amazing waterfalls. If you are brave enough you can do the boat trip which takes you more or less under some of the smaller falls - be warned though, people got really soaked! You can take the short boat trip to the Island with price included in your entrance fee, and thats fun - gives you a different view of the falls thundering down and you don't get wet! The views all round are fantastic - I have been to Niagara and I am afraid Eleanor Roosevelt was absolutely right! Nice view from the Sheraton bar too, if you pop in for a beer or cocktail. Get the car or taxi to pick you up there are the end of the day -- heaven - go now.

Room Tip: The lodges are built on a slope - so consider mobility issues if thats a problem for you and go for...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
near Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel is very pretty with spacious accommodations. We had a 2BR apartment that was clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was fresh and tasty. The staff was friendly. It's a short walk to "downtown" Iguazu where we had dinners. It's on the pricey side, and the exercise equipment was very limited. We had the good fortune of taking a taxi from the airport to the Lodge driven by Ramon Rolon Dellacrose of Rolon Representaciones. He was extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and became our personal chauffeur for 2 days. His rates were reasonable, he pointed out ways for us to save money, he always showed up on time, and on our way back to the airport he first took us to Las Tres Fronteras (Paraguay, Brazil, Argentina) where he was our photographer for family pictures. It was a pleasure to spend time with him.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cuiaba, MT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I came to do some business with my visa so stayed alone and did work when in the lodge.

So, when they knock on the door in the evening to give chocolate it its probably great if you have kids - for me it was an annoying interruption. When they call in the evening to ask if I was going to use the restaurant tonight it is maybe OK for families - for me not OK, only my mom tells me it is dinner time ;)

Wifi worked. Good beds, clean, nice pool with bar service.

The breakfast was average, at this price range they should have hat fresh bread, not just toast. The coffee should be hot and fresh, which it was not.

Service was great, reception had great English.

Would go again with family but not alone.

• Stayed August 2012
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently traveled to Argentina a group of friends. We decided to spend two days visiting Iquazu Falls. We stayed at the Iguazu Jungle Lodge and it was money well spent! The staff was friendly and we the cabins were perfect for a stay in the jungle. We had a party of six, so we had a entire cabin for our group, which was ideal. The staff would call our room to see if we were joining them for dinner each night. The food was delicious, the wait staff attentive, and prices were very reasonable. We booked through Expedia and the photos don't do hotel justice...much better in person! We also recommend visiting Jasy Restobar during your stay. Jasy's is just a short walk from the Jungle Lodge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The staff was wonderful, with great service and suggestions. I flew very early from Buenos Aires to Iguazu and took a taxi to the Iguazu Lodge. It was too early to check in of course, but I changed my clothes for a day at the park. The tour operator at the lobby was very helpful presenting options for the day. I did purchase a boat ride for once in the park. A taxi to the park is possible, but the Omnibus terminal in town is only ~ 600 yards walk and buses were easy to get from there, directly to the park. After a long day at the park I took the bus back to town, had dinner and purchased some snacks from the mini-mercado walking back to the lodge. It was dark outside but the road was well-lit. Checking in the room was easy and it was very spacious and clean. I awoke to see the jungle outside the window. After breakfast and check-out, I did use the staff to arrange a driver to take me to the Brazil side and then to the Brazil airport to leave. As I left, I almost felt guilty that I was not able to fully enjoy the grounds and amenities at the Iguazu Jungle Lodge. As my time at Brazil Iguazu ended, I realized I forgot to purchase a specific souvenir. Calling the Iguazu Lodge staff, they were able to get in contact with my driver and he was able to make the purchase and still picked me up right on time for the flight out. All in all, excellent service and great facility. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Gouda, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Iguazu Jungle Lodge is an ideal place to contemplate the wonders of the impressive Iguazu Falls. The chalets are great with all the facilities you could wish. The staff is helpful and friendly. And even during winter the swimming pool was open. Great place therefore for families with (young) children. Also recommended: the restaurant!!

Room Tip: Keep in mind that the lodge is a 10 minutes hilly walk from the centre of town.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left Iguazu Jungle Lodge we were treated very well by all staff members.
The restaurant (Romantica) would call our room daily to ask if we were joining them for dinner and at what time. The food was always delicious and the waiter always nice.
At arrival at airport we got the best Taxi driver ever. His name is Fabiolus, and he became our driver for 3 days. Look for him at Iguazu airport.

Room Tip: We stayed at #11 with great view of the river and rainforest.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Iguazu Jungle Lodge? Share your experiences!