I learnt about Secret Garden via Trip Advisor and even before arrival I was extremely impressed with the service I received as I arranged my stay via email. John and his team were brilliant. I had a car arranged from the airport and Juan then took care of my transport needs for the rest of my stay. We arrived at Secret Garden, where John joined us in the car and provided a tour of the town, including a lovely photo taken overlooking the border of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay.
Given my total lack of Spanish, it was so refreshing to have John there to assist in planning my stay, each day I had Juan collect me and deliver me to my desired destinations - obviously the magnificent Iguassu Falls, but also the bank, Bird Park, Helicopter Rides...whatever I wanted.
Each morning at breakfast (which was fresh and delicious) and again in the evening for Drinks and nibbles, all the guests congregated with John and his partner Rosina, to discuss the plans for the day, or the events of the day, it was such a friendly atmosphere, and the drinks and nibbles were excellent also. It was lovely to sit around and chat, rather than just retiring to rooms, as tends to happen in hotels.
John is an excellent host and I would highly recommend Secret Garden for a place to stay and see the Iguassu Falls. I was travelling alone and the inclusive atmosphere of the place was most welcoming.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Garden Iguazu Bed And Breakfast
- Secret Garden Iguazu Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- Secret Garden Iguazu Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideal place to jump-start your visit to the Iguazu Falls in Argentina. High on concept the Secret Garden is populated by tree ferns and other shade-loving plants salvaged from the slash and burn rural and logging activities decimating the surrounding rain-forest. Our location allows you to get a feel of living in a small South American frontier town and has easy access to urban amenities. ... more less