We were staying on the Brazil side, but wanted to enter Argentina to gamble and have dinner. This is pretty much the first casino on the right hand side of the street once you cross the border.
Casino was fun. Not many players due to the early hour (7 PM) and possibly the Argentina economy, but we had fun playing black jack.
The main restaurant didn't open for thirty minutes so we asked for a local restaurant at the front desk. Many hotels would want you (and your money) to stay within the hotel, but they graciously recommended a steak restaurant about three blocks away. It would have been possible to walk but our cab driver (from the Brazil side) told us he would take us there and pick us up after dinner.
I was amazed at how cheap a very good meal for two was. We had a full bottle of wine, two entrees, dessert and other drinks and with tip it was less than $50.
Recommendation: If you are staying on the Brazil side, ask your hotel for an English speaking taxi driver. Then see if they will wait on that Argentina side and bring you back. The rate was 100 BR each way with no charge for the waiting = about $40 each way. You also need to be mindful of the Argentina VISA charge for Americans. You have to pay the visa fee online before you get to the border and it's around $160 per person (in addition to whatever VISA you paid to get into Brazil.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Iguazu Grand Resort Spa & Casino, is regarded as the most luxurious hotel at the Iguazu Falls and is the only full-service resort and casino on either side of the Falls. Chosen as Argentina's Leading Resort by World Travel Awards 2010, the hotel is located just fifteen minutes away from the Iguazu Falls National Park. The Iguazu Grand hotel sits on fifteen acres of semitropical vegetation with three multilevel outdoor swimming pools and beautifully man-made cascades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa And Casino
- Iguazu Grand Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- Iguazu Grand Puerto