Staying here was a treat. I took my family (8 in total including 2 small kids) here last week and I wish we had more than the 2 nights there. While it is expensive it was worth it in my opinion and fulfilled all our needs and exceeded my expectations. The quality of the hotel in general is top notch, good rooms, large bathrooms, nice views, good service for the most part. Even though it's billed as a resort and casino it was actually a wonderful place to have kids as there were multiple kids areas outside and the pools were also very nice. They even have great tennis courts which we enjoyed that were free of use to their guests.
For those looking for some adult time the Casino is also pretty nice as well. It's a little on the small side for US Standards but has a good vibe going with most games you would expect to find as well.
**the only weird note about staying here is ATM's. I figured that since there was a casino that there would certainly be ATM's as well but was sorely mistaken. They have no ATM on the property or in the hotel (not by their choice but because of some Iguazu regulation) and as a result if you want to take out money you have to take either a 5 minute taxi or a 30 minute walk into town to where the ATM's are. Also, for any gamblers out there the Casino is mostly in US Dollars but the ATM's won't let you take out Dollars nor will the Casino exchange Argentine Pesos for Dollars so if you are planning to gamble you want to make sure to bring X amount of US Dollars with you. There is a small portion of the Casino where they have games in Pesos but this only represents about 5-10% of the casino and nearly everything is US Dollar only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Iguazu Grand Resort Spa & Casino, is regarded as the most luxurious hotel at the Iguazu Falls and is the only full-service resort and casino on either side of the Falls. Chosen as Argentina's Leading Resort by World Travel Awards 2010, the hotel is located just fifteen minutes away from the Iguazu Falls National Park. The Iguazu Grand hotel sits on fifteen acres of semitropical vegetation with three multilevel outdoor swimming pools and beautifully man-made cascades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa And Casino
- Iguazu Grand Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- Iguazu Grand Puerto