“well hidden secret” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 42 Puerto Iguazu B&B and Inns
Italy
“well hidden secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

A little remote from the town center, but worth the 15-20 pesos taxi ride, or a walk, or a bus ride. Quietness, a tropical garden, a swimming pool, not fancy, but clean rooms and the best breakfast in town thanks to Marie, who's a great host... muy amable! For those who dont like dogs beware, Tango, Marie's wonderful German Shepherd, is always around looking for a snuggle.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed a few days at Los Tangueros. I found it a charming & welcoming place to rest after a long bus ride to Iguassu and long days exploring the falls area.
The place is a reat quality per price choice. Marie is a very welcoming person and we've had several long and friendly chats over Argentina, food & cooking (she's a master at the French apple Tarte Tatin), and obviously dancing! One can see it's a very personal place, Marie is really opening her home & beautiful garden to people and doing her best for them to enjoy it.
It's a little out of town but only a short taxi ride away. Not the relevant choice indeed if you want to go out every evening, but if you want to enjoy rest, peace, a nice swiming pool and good home made food, that's the pick!
I do hope i'll have the opportunity to visit Marie again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Chamonix, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

A Marvellous place
Last week we stayed 3 nights in this marvellous place.
Very nice garden with swimming pool, a lot of birds and flowers, good place to eat and take the sun.
It was so quiet so friendly, room are with good bed and nice
The owner speak french and english which is a pleasure.
Good bed, very good food.
i hope to be back so quickly.
You can go to the Igaazu falls with motorcycle or bus.
This is my lovely place

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at Los Tangueros. I was travelling alone in Iguazu, and was made to feel at home there, and was well cared for by Marie. When I arrived I was very tired, and she brought me crepes and tea in the garden. Marie is a very good cook, and I happily had dinner there both nights I stayed, (during which she was also very patient with me practicing my newly-learnt Spanish with her!). Breakfast was perfect; crepes one morning, french toast the next, fresh juice made with home-grown passion fruit, along with toast and coffee (or tea).

Marie was helpful in advising me on how to best structure my time, and in addition, as I didn't have much time to visit Brazil before my bus home, Marie arranged for a taxi to take me there and back most conveniently.

My room was simple and charming, and the garden is the perfect place to sit for some hours, as I did, reading, or simply falling gently to sleep... I would have loved to have stayed longer!

I must add that Lorena of ‘Casa Yaguarete’, (which is very nearby, and where I almost stayed), was also very attentive and kind to me during my stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Things got off to a bad start when the taxi Marie was meant to organise (and had confirmed by email) to meet us at the airport never arrived. After a long taxi ride at a considerably higher price than Marie quoted (none of the drivers knew where the guest house was), we arrived and had to take our suitcases up an unmade road to find Los Tangueros as the taxi could only stop at the bottom of the road. Marie did make the gesture of going halfs on the difference in taxi fare.

About the only positive thing to say is that the gardens were very pleasant and well looked after. The swimming pool was green and unswimmable, and very basic is the best way to describe the rooms. The beds were uncomfy, and very cheap, and the bathroom was a wet-room with no water pressure on the shower. Contary to other reviewers, we found Marie to be far from friendly or welcoming and were only too pleased to leave for the falls the next morning.

The food was OK, but again nothing special and certainly below expectations set by other reviewers and at breakfast, the bread basket consisted of two nasty croissants and the bread from the previous evening - toasted.

I'm sure there are far better places to stay in Iguazu, and sadly, choosing to stay here was the biggest regret accommodation wise on our trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed at Los Tangueros for 3 nights from 14 to 17 Feb. and could happily have stayed longer but our flight plans were already made. Marie is the star, nothing is too much trouble and everything is presented simply but with 'class'. Breakfast and dinner is eaten al fresco and is just great, we never bothered to go to town for food and have absolutely no regrets,After a days sightseeing at the falls a dip in the pool, a couple of beers, a bottle of wine and 'real' food..excellent! We are a 'mature couple' so we got taxis(inexpensive) to and from the property,it is a bit of a walk to get the bus and there are roadworks in the area so it suited us. You are not staying at the 'Ritz' but you will get no better service and considering what you ae paying it is a steal. My ratings take into consideration the price. I can't believe that BasBerlin thought it was pricey. We also loved Marie's sense of humour. relax and enjoy your stay........thanks Marie!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Los Tangueros might be a little bit off the beaten track, but when a place is this charming it's worth paying a few bucks for a taxi to the falls and back.

Taxis cost us about 20-25 Pesos (about 4 euro) to or from Puerta Iguazu, there's also a bus or a decent walk if you're up for it, but with taxi's that cheap why not splash out ;)

The gardens of Los Tangueros are an impressive tropical affair, with a small pool if you get too hot. The rooms are a little rustic but clean, have aircon and en-suite bathrooms so nothing to complain about. The price is also very reasonable for the area, with plenty of shabby places charging more than Marie, without half the charm or such an friendly and owner (not to mention her dog, "Tango").

We ate in Puerta Iguazu one of the nights we stayed, but opted to have a home cooked meal from Marie the next night, definitely the better option!

We'd definitely recommend Los Tangueros, and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Los Tangueros? Share your experiences!