“October stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Jardin de Iguazu

Save Saved
You added Hotel Jardin de Iguazu to your Saves list
Hotel Jardin de Iguazu
Bompland 274 casi Av. Misiones | 200 mts Terminal de Omnibus, Puerto Iguazu 3300, Argentina   |
Ranked #5 of 38 hotels in Puerto Iguazu
Bathurst, Australia
“October stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

In a great spot- you can walk to all the restaurants in Puerto Iguazu. Room were clean and tidy with a safe, Could do with a little refridgerator- other rooms had them. Stayed a Saturday and Sunday night- the Sunday night was very noisy with music in a ?club next door until about 4 am. Staff were helpful and the bed was comfy

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Good afternoon, thank you very much for your words, are very important to us, good and bad, the only way you learn to correct mistakes. -
I am sorry the party to the hotel, I also wish that you asked me a fridge, we will gladly give a refrigerator. -
I want to thank your valuable time even writing this comment. -
I pray to GOD be with you always with good health, the most beautiful of life. -
Maybe it soon. -

539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rescue, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was torn between giving the hotel a 4/5 or 5/5. We liked our stay. The management couldn't have been more helpful, and the room was fine. Breakfast was good, and the location was very convenient for walking to good restaurants, and the bus station. The evening cocktail hour on the house is a nice touch that provided an opportunity to interact with the other guests. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Very good morning, thank you very much for your comments, very beautiful. -
Nosotreos believe the welcome drink is the least I can do for you, also, thanks for mentioning it. -
I think the spirit of meeting other people, just depends on your good heart, no doubt, really congratulations!
I wish you God bless you life with good health, everything else ..... not too important. -
Thanks again and see you soon. -
Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I went with my husband to this hotel. The hotel is nice, the breakfast was good and the room was comfortable; however next to us there was a family with kids and we could hear everything. We could not rest well so we ask the receptionist to change us to another room. She seems that she wanted to help us however the manager was really RUDE. We had to stay at the same room...it is too sad that a nice hotel has such a RUDE manager...I hope the owners of the hotel have changed the manager!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Good afternoon, thank you very much for your review, very good at the hotel, but unfortunately bad my management. - I apologize for this, but we are very flexible with this, the hotel is very very very quiet always, usually no children, but if there is, always ask their parents to be silent, and, if possible, we changed rooms, but if we are complete, this is impossible. -
Still, I appreciate your comment, I hope you understand me. -
Thanks again, I hope God bless you with good health, I can assure you it is much more important than anything in life, everything I mean everything, even more than a child who makes noise, you understand?
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I must admit, when I walked in, this hotel is an adjustment from Buenos Aires: However, in my experience its on par with S American hotels outside the main cities. I read on TA that some people where surprised at the price but really its on the mid to lower end of what it costs to stay to see the falls and $200 less than the Sheraton. I went there and its not that nice either, definitely not for the price.

What works about this hotel is the location. It is one block from the central street and two blocks from the bus station to the the falls. There is an ATM accross the street and a small supermarket around the corner. There are a number of places to eat within a few blocks, If you want a place that is EASY to launch to and from the falls; I would say this place works. As we drove to the falls in the bus, there seemed to be nicer hotels away from the centro but if you arent on a tour, I think it would be hard to get to places and not sure how close the bus stops to them.

I also liked the small pool area. They set it up so people can sit around it at day- night. It was really hot when I was there so many people had gone to the grocery store and were hanging around the pool relaxing after their trip to the falls. Finally, I found the front desk staff very nice and helpful.

What didnt really work for me at this hotel was they dont change money. This was a surprise and the cambio in town was closed. The travel agency next door to the cambio ended up changing for me at a pretty poor rate. This is important since you will need CASH ONLY (pesos) to visit the park, $170 pesos, boat in the park, $180 pesos, for 15 ride and $60 pesos for the bus. This doesnt count if you want to eat something. No Visa or ATM availalbe. So I would be prepared and change in Buenos Aires enough for this part of your trip. The taxi to the hotel cost $120 pesos. I have traveled all over the world and this is the first hotel that would not change money for you.

Not a bad place as a launching pad for a short stay in Iguazu.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Very good afternoon, thank you very much for writing, your comment is very very interesting. -
I want to thank post comments about the pool, but want to dwell on his comment about changing money. -
We in Argentina, we have many, too many problems with regard to foreign money abroad, in addition, there are many types of change, parallel official unofficial, black, green, blue and many more colors that maybe you can not understand. -
For this reason, we do not change money at the hotel, I prefer that you get angry because I have not changed your money and you are angry because the price of money is evil. - Do you understand?
Only national park admission you must pay with pesos, everything else, absolutely everything can be paid by credit card. -
Thanks again for your time, and I wish with all my heart that God's care life with good health, the rest .... not so important. -
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here one week ago and enjoyed it. The rooms are modern and comfortable, looking out over a sweet begonia garden. There is a small pool (it was in maintenance, but not a problem since the weather was cool anyway). Good breakfast and very friendly and helpful staff. A big plus is the central location within Iguazu–restaurants and shops are within walking distance. I would recommend and/or stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Good morning, thank you very much for your comments, they are very cute. -
I always think that the people who have appreciated this generosity are very happy in life. -
I want to thank especially, is a pleasure to have visitors like you. -
I hope that God bless you with good health, for life, everything else .... are simple details that are of no use if you do not have the b good health, I know, I can swear they are. -
Thanks again and maybe, be up soon. -
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The staff at the hotel are amazing. We got off of the bus from Corrientes and they looked after us right away. Suite is well appointed, regular room too. Right near main drag in town and conveniences, beats staying out in the Boonies. Bkfst is tremendous and fruit salad out of this World.

• Stayed July 2013
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello, good afternoon, thank you very much for your comments, very cute, really. -
For us, it is a privilege to receive these words of people who come from far away, from all over the world. -
I am very grateful and also very happy that you have passed one unforgettable days at our hotel, thank you. -
I wish that God bless you with good health, everything else, comes simply. -
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Compared with other hotels we saw when driving through Iguazu this appeared to be disappointing, which was conformed when walking around the hotel. However despite the small rooms and dated decor, the staff were really friendly, the beds were very comfortable and a peaceful night's sleep was had, really important when travelling around the huge country of Argentina. A really nice touch was a glass of something very nice when you returned after the visit to the Falls.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor at the end furthest from reception for a really quiet room