When you visit Iguazú Falls in teh Argentinian side, having almost all tour beginning very early (around 7-8am) you truly need to staty at least two nights for enjoying the AMAZING IGUAZÚ falls. Having this, I started looking for options for our 2 nights stay.
I must say that in order to choose this particular hotel I completely trusted in T.A. reviews and it could be the first time that I was not totally happy with my choice. Here are Pros & Cons:
What is good:
1. Location: Hotel is near everything by walking distance, eventhough Puerto Iguazú City is not a big city you dont have to worry about anything. You have ATM, supermarkets, restaurants, bakery, bars, pharmacy, etc. just one or two blocks away.
2. Booking confirmation: ladies at the front desk were much more serviciables on-line that in person. When I asked information about availability and rates and received very quick and accurate responses.
3. Pool area: nice area to relax after a long walk throughout The falls despite little one.
1. Price: I was amazed that this particular hotel was the most expensive one in all our Southamerica trip (even more than the Melia in Buenos Aires!!!). I was aware that price was high, but for the price we paid for 2, I expected much more as well.
2. Service: in General people at the hotel does not care much about you when you get in person to the facilities. You are already there and that's whats matters. Neither ladies at the front desk nor personnel in breakfast arear were polite.
3. Breakfast: When you book this hotel they must say in advanced that breakfast that is offered is little more than continental, because it is the poorest we founf in our 2 weeks tour in Southamerica. You don't have hot dished to choose from... just pastries, some youghurt, fruit in a bowl (not good) and very very plain.
Accomodation was also not so nice. We booked a "superior" double room (more expensive obviously) and what we got was an average room with a king size bed and a single bed. So one person was really confortable and the other was not....what were they thinking????. I was expecting at least two full beds. Bathroom was a large rectangle with half glass that separte shower area from the rest so when you took a shower all was wet.
I am not sure if I would recommend this hotel when you visit Puerto Iguazú, Argentina because price is too expensive for what you get. For sure If I ever visit again this area I will not stay at this hotel again.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Good afternoon, thanks for criticism, and what criticism!
Report response as inappropriate
Well, I must say I'm surprised with some things that you mentioned and I'll try to explain.
You say the price was high, but you knew it, before booking! didn´t you? If you book a double room ,is just for two people , but if you want 2 double beds, that is for 4 people.
I stay quiet about the fruit salad, yes, , it is the first time in our history that someone claims this, you can see the 415 previous reviews and see it for yourself. - The words continental, buffet and other, I think mean much , but our breakfast, offers, ham, cheese, 8 savory breads, croisants with cheese, bran, cassava, sweet dough, milk, chocolates, yogurt of 2 flavors, natural orange juice and grapefruit , cereals , maybe if you asked for other, we´d have prepared cordially; and you're right, we have no hot dishes. -
According the staff, you are wrong, we always try not to invade the privacy of people, if someone asks something, we always respond warmly and over all, selflessly, but if passengers don´t come to the reception to ask, we aren´t going after them ,that is horrible
Thanks again for your comment, we learn from mistakes.
I sincerely wish that GOD blesses you with good health, everything else, are details that come and go all the time.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.