The hotel is located on the tripartite border with Paraguay and Brazil, the view from the pool area and pool view rooms is a definite plus for this hotel.
The town centre is a 5 minute taxi ride away, or even walkable if you're of a mind for some exercise in the heat. There are some great steak restaurants in town, the Argentinians certainly know how to cook a steak, however if you are looking for anything else you may be a little disappointed.
Breakfast in the hotel is ok, the normal spread of fruit / cheese / cold meats / and pastries, nothing special but perfectly acceptable, we didn't have any other meals in the hotel so can't make any comments there.
We saw some reviews before we travelled complaining about the attitude of the reception staff, as far as we are concerned whoever wrote those reviews must have stayed at another hotel. Reception staff were friendly and efficient, spoke English very well and didn't even smirk at my attempts at Spanish, they even made helpful comments.
There isn't much more to say about this hotel, it was clean and modern, had all the usual facilities and well trained staff, it deserves the 4 star rating.
- Also Known As:
- Amerian Portal Del Iguazu Hotel
- Amerian Portal Del Iguazu Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unique location on the three borders landmark, this sophisticated 5 stars, offer an amazing view on the junction of Parana and Iguazu River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Amerian Portal del Iguazu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.