“Fabulous Food ....” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Brooklyn, New York
“Fabulous Food ....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My friends and I ate there on December 26......the food was great!
My hotel recommended it and it was perfect.

• Visited December 2012

• Thai first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Does not deserve #2 rating. There are more interesting restaurants in Iguazu.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us , with one other restaurant, by our hotel. We found it, and inquired about dining there, but it was too busy, and the wait too long. So we made a reservation for the following night. We then headed to La Rueda ( the other place recommended by our hotel where we waited about 7 minutes for a table inside in the air conditioning. - please see my glowing recommendation of La Rueda). So we returned the following night with thoughts of the meal from the night before actually drawing us to simply return to la Rueda, and not try Aqva. But we stuck to our plan and entered Aqva. I found the restaurant lacking in any character immediately- no music, no decoration, no pictures, no nothing. It came across as more of a canteen. The maitre 'd was lovely. The service was to the point, no smiles. Menu was slightly adventurous. But when it came to the food arriving, we were underwhelmed. Our starter was not what we expected , although from the confusing description, this should not have been a surprise. Then our steaks arrived. They looked amazing---we had ordered from the specials menu as the dishes sounded more interesting, with sauces and sides. Unfortunately the steak disappointed. I had a rare tenderloin, and my husband had medium ribeye with risotto. They were both dry. They desperately needed sauces. What was on them did little to add to the overall flavor. The risotto was yummy. But i must say i was extremely disappointed. I had high expectations of a quality Argentinian restaurant and the steak they would serve, but it did not live up to my expectations. The food is good, so I am probably being overly harsh, but we did not agree with the rating this restaurant got. Service is good, place is nice looking, just not imaginative. And I am writing from the prospective of a person who really wanted an excellent steak, and only found an ok one. We did not try the pasta or other dishes. But really, if you are coming to Argentina, you are looking for a bit of fun. This Is not the place to find it. It is very stiff.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Food and Service after a long Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My 8 year old and I were hungry and tired after a long hot day of traveling. We were walking on this street and found several restaurants. Aqva had a nice menu, looked clean, bright and took credit cards. They found a table immediately, they were very nice to us even if we looked like we just came from a big hike and been rained on a bit.
The food was great, I had a steak accompanied by risotto, it was a great entree, my son loved the beef. He ordered the grilled chicken and grilled vegetables. For dessert I had the Maracuya(passion fruit) desert that was fresh and sweet, My son had the chocolate brownie. He said it was the best meal he had ever had. We would definetly dine there again.

• Visited December 2012
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I was with a group of friends who were doing a tour of Argentina. Although we didn't speak Spanish at all, the staff were very friendly and gave us the best service. We all had the traditional argentinian steak which we couldn't find anything wrong with. Great experience :)

Pfafftown
“Enjoyed the local fish after many a steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We enjoyed the local fish dishes at this restaurant after the morning at the Bird Park. The food was good and the service also decent. Was a nice place to have lunch with our big family group and relax.

• Visited November 2012