“UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE!” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   RN 12 Km 5, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina   |
Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
“UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

So terrible it's unforgettable! The only "nice" thing about this hotel is its surroundings and the pool at the end of a long hot day. The service at the reception desk is terrible, like if you were staying there as an uninvited guest! The food at the diner is very low quality, and I say diner because it is definitely NOT a restaurant. There is a limited menu and if you take the meat from the daily meal it is full of fat. Bad service. The cabins are very far apart and although the grounds are nice it is not well kept and as it rains a lot you get muddy every time you go to or back from the resto or pool area. The cabins look like little log cabins from the outside but actually are brick structures. They look quaint but are a real nightmare! Everything is dirty inside. I counted ten Mosquitos squashed on the walls when we came in the first time and they were still there when we left! Dirty bathroom, never got well cleaned, I actually had to do it myself the first time with Clorox wipes. Luckily I had them with me. Another pro is its location, on the outside of town en route to the waterfall so the tourist buses pick you up last and let you off first.

We chose this place because we didn't want to stay in town (puerto Iguazu) and because we saw many positive reviews on tripadvisor. I have never stayed at a place as bad as this one! Not worth the money, not even for low cost. Above all I couldn't believe they treated us so bad! We were a group of 18 in total, adults, teenagers and small children.
PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean one with no Mosquitos squished on the walls.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Co Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The rooms are located in blocks of accommodations, scattered around the grounds and include air conditioning (essential), a small bathroom and a small bedroom. There are two swimming pools. The complex has a small shop where you can buy sandwiches, snacks and basic provisions.

It is located only a 10 minute drive from Iguazu Falls National Park and a 5 minute taxi ride from the centre of town. There is a large restaurant that serves an extensive buffet. Breakfast is also served here and is a good selection including pastries, cheese, meat, bread, fruit, cereal, tea and coffee.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for three nights and really wish we hadn't.
Used just as a base, we didn't change accommodation and regretted it. First room was a good size, but quite a walk from reception and it had little in the way of places to hang clothes etc. On last evening returned to find mains water flooding out from under front door!
Night duty manager was the only staff we met who spoke a little English and he was helpful. 2nd room was smaller but had better
layout. Having got to bed at 2am wife battled hard to achieve recompense a few hours later. Buffet food, all you can eat, was spectacular but disappointingly poor in quality for the price. Eat in town - very good restaurants and transport is cheap. Pathways and roads within complex were extremely poor and rutted due to inadequate foundation. It's my fault I don't speak much Spanish, though I did my best during our three month trip, you would expect someone in reception, of what should be a great facility, near a world famous site, to speak some English. A sub standard map of the site was provided but no local map, something which was standard in almost every class of hostel and b and b we had stayed in. This was, without doubt the most disappointing place we came across in our back packing experience. Take my advice and give it a miss!

• Stayed November 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

My wife and I camped in a tent for 2 nights. This is a very nice and clean campground. They have a nice pool to swim in and chill by. You can see parrots flyinng over during the day. It is easy to get to. The local bus will drop you off and pick you up right in front of it. You can also catch the bus to the park out front as well. Bring insect repellent. They have a small market onsite but best to bring food from town.

• Stayed November 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed in this hotel as was starting a tour here. However, the hostel next door is 150% nicer and this place is awful. I was travellling alone and stayed her for convenience but they put me in a bungaloo up at the back of the resort with no map or directions in how to get back to reception. I tried to go back to buy water, but there were no signs or lights to show me the way back to reception so ended up giving up after half an hour.

The room was poor quality. No hairdryer, telephone or bath which the hostel has. The entire bathroom is full of mildew, damp walls and rot. there is dust everywhere showing it hadn´t been cleaned, the towel had a dead moth and the sheets not much better.

They advertised internet but they only have wifi that they will let you use for free thereofre i had togo to the next door hostel to be able to use the internet.

The swimming pool has not been cleaned and head dead beatles etc in it.

What ever you do, dont stay here, its way cheaper to stay in a hostel and you will get good service, a clean room and feel safe!

p.s location is bad as its out of town too....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Complejo Turistico Americano? Share your experiences!