“Old, tiny rooms. Cramped bathroom. Not recommended.” 1 of 5 stars

Posadas Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bolivar 1949, Posadas CP3300, Argentina   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Posadas
Santiago, Chile
“Old, tiny rooms. Cramped bathroom. Not recommended.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We arrived late in the evening and were sucked by the promise of free parking. After getting to the room found a tiny, mostly clean bed filling most of the space. The bathroom was cramped and the shower seems to have been a refurbished closet.
I won't recommend this hotel , unless you have been in a long trip and is late and you ( and your wife) are feeling cranky enough to just get a shut eye and continue with your life next day.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Townville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

The hotel has seen better days for sure. The location is excellent. The staff our rude. They refused to change $ for me quite rudely. On check out they attempted to overcharge me by almost 50% even though I showed them my reservation and the amount I owed. They claimed no English but I refused to pay and eventually they did get an English speaking manager that agreed to the correct amount. No apology, seemed kinda sad that I caught them.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

As I went alone, my bedroom wasn't too big. However the hotel seems changed, I stayed at Hotel Posadas on 2009 and it looked to me quite old. The bar is beautiful and the service staff was great, they fulfill every requirement. Also it is located at the heart of the city and I enjoyed to be connected to the internet from my bed as the hotel has Wifi.
In conclusion, I look up to several hotels but this was the best option You can take.

• Stayed January 2012
switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Although well furnished and pretending to be a high profile hotel, dead cuckroach lying in the dining room, lipstick left-over on the coffee cup, dirty carpet in the room and a very noisy A/C of the shop next door made our stay not worth the price at all. Go there if you do not find anything else.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
lichfield, staffs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Perhaps for the price one shouldn't expect expect much, but this is a basic business hotel which has seen better days. We were shown to our room (the one in the picture) which had bare beds, and we had to hover around until bedding was brought. The window did not fit, several wall lights were loose, the air-conditioning was inefficient. The only mirror for hair and make-up was, as in most hotels, in the tiny shower room/toilet, which is something I really dislike. The towels were the poorest I have ever been offered - grey and hard. Breakfast was very average. The hotel is in a central position which, although being convenient results in the continuous noisy movement of traffic every night. Perhaps the most disappointing thing of our three-night stay was that not one member of staff spoke to us or smiled at any time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

My review of here will probably be tainted by the fact that the entire city had water problems when we arrived which meant that we couldn't even have a shower. in fairness, the hotel were handing out bottles of free water to try and help but, at the same time, they also accepted our booking-request for a double room and then gave us a twin room while saying that they had no doubles. The room was not huge but bathroom was ok. The aircon was a bit old an puny and by default was set at a setting that was too low for me resulting in a poor nights sleep - it was actually warmer inside than outside. I did some fiddling the next day and got it working a bit better. Good wifi and reasonable breakfast but price of the hotel is way too big for what you get. It seems that you don't have much choice in this city based on others' reviews. Staff varied from helpful and friendly to snide and pompus. Best of a bad lot perhaps but I'd say go somewhere cheaper - you won't be that much more worse off.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

We booked a family room, with a double bed and two singles, and had this confirmed a couple of times.

On arrival we were given a cramped room with four singles - not the end of the world, but not what we'd booked.

The problem came when the air-conditioning stopped working on a very hot night at midnight. We found the hotel manager who tried to fix it, but then said it would start working again after an hour. It seems there is some kind of recurrent problem that causes the aircon to cut out.

It was far too hot to sleep and we asked to be moved, which, to their credit they did. But moving 2 sleeping kids at midnight is hardly what you want.

Breakfast is of the basic buffet style, we had broken glass under
our table... which didn't add to our impression.

Location is very central - but other than that this place is poor.

• Stayed December 2010

Been to Posadas Hotel? Share your experiences!