“If you can afford to splurge then don't miss staying here” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Parque Nacional Iguazu, Iguazu National Park 3370, Argentina   |
Switzerland
“If you can afford to splurge then don't miss staying here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Expensive, but worth it just for the location (in the park) and direct view onto the Falls. Reasonably sized rooms, comfortable with balcony.
Breakfast and dinner quite good for a "captive client" hotel.
Friendly service and Antonio (independent concierge/agent "Ecologia") is extremely helpful and efficient - book cars/ tours/ activities through him.
WiFi connection is too slow at this price.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd or 3rd floor room.
Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cristian B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your reviews and constructive comments!!
We are glad to know that you enjoyed our location and services.
Remember that you can always get great promotions on our web site.
We look forward to see you again.

1,414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

If you are visiting Iguassu this is a must. Superb views of the falls and excellent access. Ate in the bar area and food was good. Also took the opportunity to come back for a swim when we got too hot with all the walking. Room was very comfortable. Falls are truly amazing and the fantastic location of this hotel allowed us to enjoy them to the full. Travelled October 2010

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future so you can relive this relaxing experience in this magical place.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

If you want a 5 star hotel then don't stay here, if you want to see the falls and wildlife with nobody else and avoid queues and have spare cash for the premium stay here.

We saw the centrepiece attraction of the falls alone at 8am. On the way back 100 people raced past us to get the same experience...that alone was worth the premium.

You only need to stay 2 nights if you are fairly active, I suggest first morning at 8am lower falls, during the day walk the murcana trail to a little visited waterfall and swim, first evening at 530pm walk the upper trail. Second morning walk to the Garganta Diablo for 8am. Have second breakfasts in the hotel around 10am, and use their pool. Also there is very little wildlife during the day because of the thronging visitors, but lots of animals early and late.

Do the Brazil side before from a Brazilian hotel if time.

Food is average to bad, staff are mixed, hotel is 70s 5 star. But don't worry about it, you are here for the falls.

Taxi into town is 250pesos return.

• Stayed November 2013
Cristian B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your review!!
We are glad to know that you enjoyed our location and views.
Please, accept our apologies if somehting during your stay was not to your liking.
We look forward to see you again son.
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The location of this hotel is brilliant with great views of the Falls. Public rooms are spacious but lack any character. Bedrooms are tired, particularly bathrooms. The hotel needs to be refurbished. Staff are good and the food is excellent. Overall, an expensive hotel given the state of bedrooms.

Room Tip: Select a room with a view of the Falls
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review about your stay with us!!
We takes very seriously all feedback from our guest, as this helps us to improve our services every day.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed our location and great views.
We hope to welcome you again soon
Sincerely, Cristian.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I must admit, after reading the reviews for this hotel, I seriously considered changing my reservation. I am so glad that I did not do this, and stayed at the Sheraton. There are lots of positives and negatives about this hotel. I guess it depends on you, the individual guest, which things are the most important to you. First, lets just say it. It is an atrocious architectual disaster which should never have been built in such a beautiful location. If you can't get past that, then stay somewhere else. I nearly turned around to leave when the taxi drove up to the front of the hotel. It is under renovation and ugly as sin. But let me tell you, when I walked through the doors to the lobby my jaw dropped to the floor. The view was spectacular! The front desk check in area has to have the best view of any hotel in the world. I was sold! The rooms are really quite nice. They are renovated (I looked at several on different floors to be sure) and it appears that everything has been upgraded. Marble floors, clean and comfortable beds, and a standard but very workable bathroom. And very important (this is the jungle) the air conditioning worked very well in the room. The balcony view was stunning. So again, it is a Sheraton. But it is the ONLY hotel at the Falls. And that is really important, particularly at the height of the tourist season. That means you get to the falls FIRST!. Trust me, this is worth the cost of this hotel. When it is 100 degrees with what feels like 100% humidity and you are waiting in a line of hundreds to walk single file to the edge of the Devils Throat (Garganta de diablo) you will praise this hotel. So close and convenient, it allowed us to return for a very nice light lunch at the bar (again looking at the Falls), and then go back out for a different trail walk while everyone else was leaving the park. You also save $300 Argentinian Pesos on a taxi ride to and from the falls if you stayed in town. More positives - I liked the staff! I had different reasons to interact with several people at the front desk and they were all very helpful. One helped me with printing my boarding pass, another with a room change due to odor issue from painting. No problem. The maids did turn down service every night - and I appreciated this extra service and the chocolate on the pillow. I needed the fresh towels because this is a sweaty place, and I used the shower frequently. The rooms were also very clean. We ended up eating all three nights in the hotel restaurant. The food, while not incredible, was pretty good overall. And our waiter, Ever, was a wonderful server who went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and well cared for. Breakfast buffet - everything you could want. Used the pool in the middle of the day while waiting for the crowds to leave. Pool guy just as helpful, putting up the umbrellas and getting us towels. Quite frankly, I think that they do a great job, especially considering the isolated environment and the problems with being in a tropical jungle. I can't give this 5 stars - because it doesn't have that extra panache and the hotel is limited by it's noncreative use of concrete. But don't let that turn you away. It delivers on the things that bring you to Iguazu, and the staff really do seem to enjoy their jobs.

Room Tip: Honestly, the view from the Falls side is great. The jungle view rooms look at lots of green. But...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cristian B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments!!
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments motivate us to work every day filled with pride.
As you said, we are constantly doing maintenance work in order to improve our facilities. At this time we are painting the entire hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Iguazu Hotel and Spa in Iguazu Falls, Argentina. While the hotel is the only one in the actual National Park and closest in proximity to the actual Falls area, there are other options but none that were close to the park. My experience at this hotel and it's customer service were atrocious. Upon checking in on a prepaid reservation that I had made many months ago, and specifically at a rate for three adults (using Kayak.com and through Travelocity) they refused to honor that rate and charged me approximately $170 US Dollars (1,000 Argentine Pesos) for the extra person even though the confirmation that I had in hand and showed them specifically noted that the rate was for 3 adults). They refused to budge from their position that the extra rate applied, refused to allow me to speak with a manager unless I could stay until later in the morning of departure (which would have meant missing my flight), refused to try and contact a manager or their reservation department when I complained about the charge at check in, and were exceptionally rude and condescending to me and the other members of my travel party- stating that "... well that's your problem then isn't it?" when I explained that the reservation confirmation specifically showed a 3 adult rate and that I could not miss a flight waiting for a manager to show up.

So beware- while a comfortable accommodation and the only one close to the spectacular falls area, they have terrible customer service, overcharge and do not even consider the customer's viewpoint, and are exceptionally unresponsive and outright disrespectful.

Otherwise the hotel was comfortable although somewhat run down,pool area was filthy, entrance exterior was in some stage of renovation and very poor condition.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cristian B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your review!!
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you `ve experienced at the check in time, I can assure that those things are not representatives of our services and culture standards. Our guest`s satisfaction is our top priority. We truly appreciate your constructive comments.
We look forward to see you son in Iguazu.
Sincerely, Cristian.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Sheraton is the only hotel within Iguazu Park which makes it entirely worth it to stay here. You can see the falls from the hotel which is pretty amazing. The daily breakfast is pretty large and diverse. The lodging and feel of the hotel in general (as other reviewers have said) does feel a little dated. Would almost be nicer if it embraced the area its located in more in its aesthetic than the very basic big hotel chain feel it currently has. Nice pool and facilities. Wifi is not free, but was available in your room and reliable. Staff was helpful and you can book your tours directly with a tour agent at a desk located in the hotel.

Be careful though if you fly out of the Brazilian side of the falls as there may be a time difference. We flew on Brazil's daylight savings day and were unaware and nearly missed our flight to Rio.

Also, the hotel is expensive and offers a terrible exchange rate for US dollars. I don't recall seeing this in any paperwork I had regarding the hotel and would have changed over to pesos at the airport had we known this. We received a better exchange rate in town than anywhere else in Argentina and then the hotel screws you with what they offer. Lesson learned.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cristian B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your opinión related to your stay. Your comments are very helpfull to improve our services. It`s really nice to know that you enjoy your vacation in Iguazu.
We hope to see you son.
Cordially, Cristian.

Been to Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!