We spent two nights at the Sheraton, after spending one night at the Hotel Cataratas on the Brazilian side of Igauzu Park. As noted in other reviews, the location is unbeatable. We had a 3rd floor room (2 double beds) facing the falls with a small private deck with the most incredible views and amazing bird watching in the early morning and evenings. About 8 monkeys made a visit to our end of the hotel along the balconies as well one evening, although the staff did their best to shoo them away; they were enjoying a small can of pringles presumably left by a guest on a balcony. Request a room facing the falls - from room #360 through #370, as these are closer to the forested areas with good bird watching at or above tree height. The room and beds, and all amenities were very comfortable and clean - we even fit in an extra adult sized cot. Staying in the park was perfect, allowing us to walk every circuit on the Argentinian side in the park. The hotel common areas were clean and comfortable, not a luxury hotel but absolutely fine!
There are a few down sides: the food is mediocre and expensive, better to eat the simpler fare at the bar area than in the restaurant; the wine is overpriced; the breakfasts are ample but the quality of food is not that great; the pool is not kept as clean of leaves as it could be (though it is in the jungle, so perhaps this is too harsh). The price was high, especially if you pay in US dollars on a credit card. The hotel offers a very poor exchange rate from US dollars to pesos, so best to be prepared to pay in pesos, in cash, which results in a far more reasonable cost.
We did not take advantage of the spa but it looked really nice.
Despite the down sides, this hotel was still superior to the Hotel Cataratas (in Brazil, which you can see from the Sheraton) because of the incredible view from falls view rooms and its proximity to the park trails.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Iguazu Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Iguazu Hotel Iguazu National Park
- Sheraton Iguazu Resort
- Sheraton Iguazu National Park
- Sheraton Iguazu
- Iguazu National Park Sheraton
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.