“Lots of fun !” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 205 Activities in Mendoza
Type: Educational Sites, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Mendoza Wine Connection is a new space in Mendoza designed to be a meeting point for people that enjoy wine and everything that connects so well with wine: A place to relax, enjoy art, music and good company, taste some wine with cheeses or chocolates, and learn how to cook some Argentine recipes in our Cooking Classes.
Montreal, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Tasted very interesting wines, but more importantly, met great people and had lots of fun !!! This is a great way to discover something other than the Norton or Trapiche of this world in Mendoza

Visited December 2012

Toowoomba, Australia
“Tasting of some excellent Malbecs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We never realised that Malbec wines could taste so good, in fact the six that we sampled here at Mendoza Wine Connection were excellent. Our host was very knowledgable about wines, entertaining, and helped to make this a most memorable evening. If you are a fan of Malbecs or just like good red wines, this is a must when you visit Mendoza.

Visited September 2012
Portland, Oregon
11 attraction reviews
“Best three hours in Mendoza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I highly recommend spending some time with Belén at the Mendoza Wine Connection. It was just my buddy and me for a Malbec-only "experience", and we learned lots, with six generously poured tastes, from sparking to full bodied red, accompanied by three different local cheeses, plus olives and bread. But that's just wine and snacks. It was Belén who made the evening special: knowledgeable, friendly, and absolutely charming. Best three hours in Mendoza!

Visited November 2012
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“A great place to sample Mendocino wines.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I arrived without a reservation and was immediately made welcome. I was offered a seat at the bar or a table in the tasting area. The choice of tastings was excellent, from budget to deluxe. I opted for the "blind tasting" and received outstanding personal attention throughout. Afterwards I remained for a few glasses from the list and a delicious platter of local cheeses. A superb couple of hours.

Toronto, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“Very, very worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I enjoyed this very much - great wines, great host, great venue, and great value overall. What else could you ask for? Belen is really wonderful - very warm, very knowledgeable and passionate about her job (really - who wouldn't be?!), and highly accommodating. The wines she selected had a good range and allowed us tasters to explore our preferences perhaps in a way that isn't easily available. She also reached out to us afterward with a contact in Canada for one of the wines that she served - that's dedication.

Thinking back on this, I really did love this tasting. It was low-key and it felt like I was going over to a friend's place. And yes, the pourings are generous (fortunately, Belen also provided a great plate of cheeses and bread to keep the tasting civil). :) If I go back to Mendoza, I might sign up to do this as many times as possible (carrying, of course, a spare liver with me).

So, dear reader: do it. If you love your wine, this is very, very worth it.

Visited October 2012