“It became our home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Diplomatic Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Belgrano 1041, Mendoza 5500, Argentina   |
Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Mendoza
Buffalo, NY
“It became our home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

With two days to go on our March 2014 vacation (3/27/14) my wife suffered a major injury requiring hospitalization and surgery. We had stayed at the Diplomatic several previous visits to Mendoza and, because of its location and service, it became the place where I stayed while Liz was hospitalized. Upon her discharge she went back to the "D". We had a room with a Cordillera view. We will not be able to express fully how much we appreciate the excellent service that the entire staff provided during that stay. From the dependably abundant and well appointed breakfast, to the care and cleaning of the room, to the willingness of all the staff to help under very stressful circumstances to us, everyone and everything in the place met, and often exceeded our expectations. We are returning soon and likely continue to do so for as long as we are able to travel to beautiful Mendoza.

Room Tip: It is worth to pay the premium for a room with a cordillera view (West), the higher the better. Corn...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After looking at the pictures I was expecting to be disappointed, especially since the price seemed quite good. I was very surprised as the pictures were actually truthful and not overly touched (as in many cases). The location was great, walking distance to most places, including a very large park. The windows sound proof was better than expected. The breakfast was very good and the sleep quality was great. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Niteroi, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are Brazilians, we stay 7 nights, my wife and myself, and the hotel, besides huge and luxury lobby and large apartments, for sure needs some improvements. The worst thing happen when I got an apple (1 single apple) in my hands after the breakfast (very normal and common habit) and I was stopped like a thief: “– You can´t get any food out of here! “, told me an employee. It was ridiculous and very bad since I make it en almost every hotel in the world and I never see that. In regards to breakfast, for a 5 stars hotel, it´s missing a lot, specially better cheese and ham, and better fruits, also if you wants a hot coffee you have to order an espresso because the regular coffee (which I do prefer) is always almost cold, tough to drink. During all stay, in each shower we had the water was sticking in our skin, very strange indeed, the soap didn’t make bubbles. By the end when I asked to stay 2 hours more on Saturday of my check-out, the supervisor offer for me to pay 200 pesos, what is ridiculous in face of my whole bill of 12,000 Pesos, it was so shame that I said NO.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
DiplomaticH, Gerente at Diplomatic Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Carlos

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I'm very sorry that you are disappointed of our food and beverages service. This is an area that we are extremely passionate about and work at daily to continuously keep improving.

We do look forward in the hope of being able to welcome you back in the near future and delivering to you the professional and friendly customer service levels that so many of our guests have experienced and continue to enjoy at the Diplomatic Hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Diplomatic is a world class comfortable business like hotel with efficient and polite service. The rooms are large and well appointed. We asked for a mountain view room and were not disappointed-somehow we ended up with a corner room on the 15th floor which was a bonus. Wonderful view. Some great bars and restaurants just around the corner. Easy walk to the city centre and the main city sights.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
DiplomaticH, Gerente at Diplomatic Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear blakemanny

Greetings from Mendoza!

Thank you very much for your kindly words, we are doing our best to satisfy all expectations to our guest. I'm happy to know that you had a good time in Mendoza

Best regards.

Gerente General
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

Diplomatic hotel definitely has all the looks of a 5-star hotel: grand entry, spacious rooms, modern bathroom, stylish restaurants and a complete gym/sauna/spa service. What it was lacking, however, was the service quality.

I arrived by taxi from the airport and no one was there to help me take my luggage. It wasn't busy hour (around 6 pm) but a 5-star hotel should always have staff to greet and help customer settle in. Then after I requested that they carry my luggage to the room (it wasn't offered) it took 30 minutes for my luggage to arrive. I had to wait around in my room for nothing. It took the front desk 10 minutes to return my call about my luggage.

Other than that the hotel itself was very pleasant. It is very near to Av. Villanueva, which is the corner for all chic restaurants in Mendoza. If it improves the staff service, it would qualify as a 5 star hotel.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
DiplomaticH, Gerente at Diplomatic Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2014
Dear Smilelaughread

We regret to read your disappointment regarding your stay with us.
Our apologies if you stay wasn't as enjoyable as you would have hoped. Please be ensured that we take good care of your comments in order to avoid similar disappointment in the future.

Regards.

Gerente General.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

Whilst the lobby and rooms are well appointed don't expect a 5-star experience here.

The 'gym' and 'pool' are laughable and the majority of the staff need to be re-educated on the basics of customer service. You'll be opening the door yourself and carrying your own bags to the elevator.

Breakfast was good although the coffee was burnt and drinkable.

To top things off our stay was destroyed by a member of staff walking into our room at 02:30 hrs, totally unannounced. Not a single word of apology on check-out.

Poor.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike B

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are very sorry to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay - however we appreciate your feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to review the occurrences in an effort to improve the guest experience.

Regards.

Gerente General.
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Great hotel in Mendoza. The pictures on their website do not do justice to the hotel – I thought it was better in person than on the internet, it was a nice surprise. Our room was huge, with a mountain view, very comfortable.

The hotel is well located (very close to 2 of the best restaurants of the city, Maria Antonieta and Azafrán, both great, and within a 5 minute walk to the main square and the pedestrian street). The breakfast, included in the tariff, was amazing, with a huge variety and the best dulce de leche. There’s a complimentary glass of wine for all guests every afternoon in the bar.

Our stay was not perfect only because of a problem in the air conditioning system. It stopped working on the last two days. We notified the reception, that wasn’t able to solve the problem, but managed to turn it on remotely for us, in the temperature we asked (but we weren’t able to control it from the room and it turned off every time we left the room). It was a little uncomfortable, mainly because it lasted two days and nights without solution. And we got no apologize or commentary about it during our check-out.

Despite this, it is a very good hotel, and we would stay there again in a next visit to Mendoza.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
DiplomaticH, Gerente at Diplomatic Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Dear jfc21

We’re glad to hear you had a great stay with us - and thank you for sharing your experience here!

However, we’re very sorry to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We do appreciate your feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to review the occurrences in an effort to improve the guest experience.

Thank you again.

Gerente General

Been to Diplomatic Hotel? Share your experiences!