“You made us feel like old friends who were down for a visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 3 Attractions in Mayer
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse back riding in the Bradshaw Mountains. 1 and 2 hour, breakfast, lunch and dinner rides. Facilities available for groups of 10 or more. Lunch, Gunfight and riding.
Flagstaff, Arizona
“You made us feel like old friends who were down for a visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Still reveling in what a fantastic day you made for my daughter. Amazing how the 1 hour trail ride brought us through so many beautiful places. And Luke, you're an encyclopedia bound in saddleback leather and gilded with kindness!! We ought to be callin' you Professor Cowboy. =D Your horses are the sweetest, and so well behaved. And meeting Chase was a special treat. I can't speak highly enough of the whole experience. You really blessed our time.

Visited October 2012

Chandler, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
“Foothills Ranch - Great Riding Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had the opportunity for an hour and a half ride recently during our anniversary weekend and were treated to an excellent time! Luke was our guide and was very knowledgeable about the area, its history, the environment ... all the while keeping everyone comfortable and enjoying their mounts. We had only two couples on our ride and the other couple was obviously unprepared for a horseback experience with shorts and sandals, etc. In addition, we got a little rain during the ride as well. Despite these challenges, Luke kept them safe and was still able to entertain and inform us and make us comfortable in the bargain. We look forward to coming back for a longer ride next time!

Visited September 2012
Prescott, Arizona
“Whispering Pines B&B Prescott AZ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

As owner of this B&B I am always looking for great experiences for my guests. For the first time I took a guest to Foothills Ranch to experience it myself. We had a wonderful time. The horses sturdy and steady on the terrain. The scenery was great and Luke, our guide was most informative about all the trees, bushes and flowers around where we were riding. The owner, Al was very friendly. He met us near the paddock where the saddled horses were waiting for us. The whole area was so well kept with ranching memorabilia everywhere. An all round great experince. I will be recommending Foothills Ranch to all our guests interested in horseback riding.

Visited October 2012
Sylvania, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“How I Met Larry...the Horse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife spent a restless night. I was wondering if Pam, the wonderful lady I spoke with on the phone, had painted a true picture of our FIRST experience riding horses. Pam was true to her word. Linda was paired with Rose, who she fell in love with during the ride. I was matched with Larry, who had a unique blend of a two year old child, a clever sneak for food along the trail and a good, reliable horse. We ate lunch in a dry river bed. The weather and scenery were great. Luke and Pam were gifted story tellers and had my wife relaxed andwas laughing during the 4 hour ride. We would do it every time we visit Sedona.

Visited August 2012
Al B, Wrangler at Foothills Ranch, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us here! We had a blast with you both! We hope to see you again on a return trip to Az! You made the day so much fun! Rose & Larry say "Hay!" ;0) Make sure to get some of the ride pics off of Facebook!
Santa Barbara, California
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

What a wonderful adventure! Experiencing Arizona on horseback was thrilling and unique. I had the best time visiting this creatively designed ranch. Everyone greeted me warmly, I felt at home; my beautiful, sweet horse "Buddy" was saddled and waiting for me; I enjoyed a delicious lunch among the Ponderosa Pines and learned so much about Arizona, past and present. The history of this area is chilling. Al, you are the best Trail Boss ever! I highly recommend this horseback ride adventure at Foothills Ranch and look forward to returning. Thank you Al and Company for creating such a happy time, beautiful pictures and memories - I loved my ride with you. Awesome work! Love and carrots to you "Buddy" <3

Visited August 2012
Al B, Owner at Foothills Ranch, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you Betia! We loved having you and hope to see you next year if you get a few days away from your home state! Buddy will be waiting!