“Rustic,old west charm” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Creekside Preserve Lodge and Guest Cabins

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mayer
Creekside Preserve Lodge and Guest Cabins
Save Saved
You added Creekside Preserve Lodge and Guest Cabins to your Saves list
11255 S.S.R. 69, Mayer, AZ 86333   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mayer
Black Canyon City, Arizona
“Rustic,old west charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Rustic but modern with all the ammenities of refrig,micro, large tv and large jacuzzi tub.Room was very spacious with a separate bathroom with shower and nice outside deck.The many trails were a bonus to geocachers like us as several caches are hidden around the property.They had a special on the price which brought us there.

Room Tip: be sure to ask for a room with the jacuzzi
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

On a recent four-day trip to Arizona we thought it would be fun to spend the last night of our trip at the Creekside Lodge. When I made my reservations and gave my credit card number, I was told that there were plenty of vacancies for the night I would be staying. Unfortunately, our trip was cut short due to the untimely death of my sweetie's father. We hastily returned to California and canceled all of our reservations. When I called the Creekside Lodge, i was told they had a 72-hour cancellation policy. I guess 48 hours wasn't enough time even though their facility wasn't booked full. My credit card was charged, they took my money. I won't be going back to the Creekside Lodge. Neither will my friends who I told of this experience. I hope my money was worth it because it will end up costing them way more. Word of mouth sucks sometimes.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Mayer hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

My husband, I and our 2 dogs wanted to get out of the city. We are campers but did not want that in depth of a trip, and we found the perfect replacement at the Creekside Lodge! If you like a place, you have to help it grow so it can become better. The staff is there, alone but the regulars, bored I'm sure so they are a bit dry but still friendly. The cabins are aged and this is not a fancy place, but, our cabin was clean and the bed was King. The bed is tough but not uncomfortable. There is a large heart shaped jacuzzi tub which was delightful. The back door opened to a back porch with 2 chairs very nice to relax in overlooking many bushes and trees and the hills. We could see a bit of the creek and hear it a little too, but this place is near the highway so during day hours the vehicles can be heard. The bathroom was a nice size with a small shower. I have stayed in worse 5 stars. Some people have large tubs at home and they are used to luxury so they snob this place off. We hiked, we walked along the creek, we completely relaxed and enjoyed it. COME PREPARED to any hotel, motel, KOA, B and B etc. Bring lysol, clorox wipes, sanitizer, your own towels things like that. Arizona has hard water and many things get water stains which is only partially resolved with a water softener but those present a whole new hazard. If you are a camper or someone not looking for the Ritz then go and enjoy some great relaxation time with a loved one. Oh yes we ate cheeseburger from the resteraunt bar at the main house and we took them back to our cabin to relax and they were delicious and filling with fries. Have a great time there!

Room Tip: Cabin 1 is the closest to the highway.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Warning!! Avoid this place! You'll be better off staying under the bridge with a sleeping bag!! I've stayed in better places in 3rd world countries for less $$!! I ignored my gut feeling, the bad reviews and boy did I pay for it!! Do yourself a favor and spend a little more on gas, a cheap hotel and stay in Prescott!! It's only 20 miles away! These so called "cabins" are more like a run down trailer cut in half. The service from the man at the reception is awful! He charged me "a couple bucks" just to make a 30 second phone call and when I called from the room to ask about the fireplace not working he was very rude. You have to walk up and downhill for a while lugging everything you have with you to your cabin (or making a few trips like I did). The mat at the front door gives you a prelude of what to expect when you walk inside. It's worn and cracked. The bathroom flooring was peeling away from the floor. This place needs a major overhaul remodeling job. The beds were uncomfortable, oh! and a spider on the bed too. The bedding is horrible. The place is located literally right off the highway. You can hear the vehicles passing by. The creek is nothing compared to Oak Creek. It is a complete outrage what they charge. The gal at the reception was nice. What I liked best was the hot tub. I also liked the fact that on Sat. nights a band comes to play from 6-9 pm and we danced and mingled with the town folk who were very nice. But I would never return to stay the night here even if they let me stay for free.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

Had a reservation, pulled up and saw the actual place and knew we had made a mistake. Went in to talk to the receptionist (rude man behind the window) and inquired about the cabins and where was the water I had seen in the beautiful photos online? I was told that "If I had asked, I would have been told there was actually no water in the creek". We went ahead and checked out a cabin, and decided NOT to stay there. I wasn't impressed with our view of the dried up creek bed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

IF your in the romanitic mood, this is the place. from the road it doesn't look like much, the the Jacuzzi cabins are awesome. a must stay. only downfall is the parking. have to park a little ways away, but, its all good.. the Resturant has good food and the service was fast. and friendly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Ok, i hope everyone stops and reads this review before planning there trip here. My husband and I were just there for my birthday 1-7-11. It sounded very romantic and a great little gettaway. When we get into the room i could immediatly tell that it was NOT going to be pleased with anything. First there are hard water stains all inside the heart shaped jacazzi tub, which i understand, but your a lodge get a water softner. Next all of the blinds in the room were broken, didn't open or were missing one, the shower door in the bathroom did not stay shut so water leek all over the floor. We only were given 1 roll of TP in our bathroom......REALLY???? The light above our bed was broken and crooked, there is a small sign by the door listing things for you to make sure you do before you check out, and the glass holding it in the frame was completly shattered. On the screened patio there is nice furniture to sit in, on our patio there was also a ratty old futon bed, which had no business being there and looked like it had been left in the rain. You do get your (free) dinner at check in, its only a $8.95 credit towards your dinner which is not even up to bar food. The woman at the front desk, less than helpful and looked completly bored by the fact that she was even working. This place has HUGE potential but lacks serious manangment, they need someone who will take it to the level that it advertises! I am not a princess and I understand these are "cabins" but when simple details can't be looked at and addressed then you will never have a succesful business!

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Creekside Preserve Lodge and Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!