“Expansive Views” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Mayer
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Chauncey Ranch & Creekside Lodge In Prescott Arizona offers short and long rides on a 4500+ acre ranch. Our ranches offer a truly unique experience that offers l00's of miles of trails, locations, picnic destinations and spectacular views for miles.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Expansive Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had a great 2 hr ride on Nov 1st with our guide "Gabe". Expect wide open vistas on this scenic high country ride near Mayer, AZ.

Visited November 2013

Pepperell, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My sister and I were visiting family in Arizona and wanted to ride while we were there. We were only there for a few days so we called some local stables who were unable to help us out as you needed to make reservations three days in advance. This was a problem for us as we were flying back home the next night. But when we called Pot o Gold, Gabe, agreed to take us out the next day!! Because of Gabe, we were able to take an awesome trail ride before our trip was over. Gabe was very friendly, patient and knowledgeable. If I was ever in that area again, I would definitely go back to Pot o Gold Stables. Thank you Gabe!!

Visited October 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
“Great Riding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am a beginner rider, had a good horse and the guide was very knowledgable about the history of the area, Mayer AZ, would recommend for anyone, gonna take my nieces next time!

Visited September 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
“A memorable experience for the entire family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went riding on Aug. 31 with our 2 daughters and Todd. Booking the trip over the phone was easy with the owner Jim; he was also very pleasent and accomodating. We all had a terrific time. Todd's love, knowledge of horses and ranching, and his dedication to his work was obvious. He was also extremely courteous and did everything possible to see that we had a nice visit. I would highly recommend coming out and seeing for yourself. If you have kids (even if they are young with no riding experience) they will love the place. We also had some time to see and pet the younger horses in the various stables and learned quite a bit about them. There is also a large trout and bass pond and beautiful panoramic views as far as the eye can see. We hope to go riding again there in the near future. It was the highlight of our trip to Arizona.

Visited August 2013
Phoenix, AZ
7 attraction reviews
“Wonderful experience for my niece and me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I took my niece who was visiting from Pennsylvania on a 2-hour trail ride with Pot A Gold Stables over Labor Day weekend. Our guide was Todd, who made a ride into an educational adventure. He is incredibly knowledgeable about the desert environment, and offered insights and information throughout the ride. Afterwards Todd and Pistol Pete took us to visit with the foals and their mamas - truly an experience for my niece.

Todd and Pete helped make this auntie seem pretty cool! Thanks so much!

P.S. Bring water bottles - they have carriers on the saddles.

Visited August 2013