“Worth the Price” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arroyo Grande, California
“Worth the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Room was very nice, Bed was comfortable and staff was great. My one gripe would be no laundry facilities at the resort. We needed to do a load and there was not even a cleaning valet service. The whole town does not even have a laundromat. Somehow we forgot one day's worth of clothes and I was washing in the sink! HA!

Room Tip: Alot of construction going on, even during night. Make sure you are away from that.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
PENNSYLVANIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We spent a night at Harrah's Ak-Chin last week, and it was by far the nicest Hotel/casino we have ever stayed at.
The staff was amazing, from check in to check out.
The food was fantastic.
The pool was unbelievable! The pool bar was wonderful! We spent the evening in the pool, watching football, eating dinner and enjoying a few cocktails... What's not to love???
The casino was a little small, very clean... we even won a few bucks :):):)
Our room was HUGE! First floor overlooking the pool, with a little deck... VERY CLEAN!!!
All in all, we cannot wait to go back... Keep up the good work, Harrah's Ak-Chin :):):)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I recently had a business trip to Phoenix. I stayed at the Royal Palms resort (see trip advisor review). I "tagged on" an extra personal day to explore the desert. Since I am a total rewards member I decided to spend my final night at Ak-Chin. What a great decision! Ak-Chin "held its own" even on the tail of a delightful stay at a 5 star resort. The casino was not very large and their was a limited selection of machines but that was not my main reason for being there. The hotel room was impeccable and very modern. I loved the huge walk in shower with the rain shower head. It is unusual to WANT to stay in the room. The food was good and reasonably priced. The grounds and the pool were like an oasis in the desert. The STAND OUT amenity was the staff: they were the most friendly and helpful that I have encountered at any Harrah's property. There is some construction going on but it is not a major inconvenience. It is definitely worth traveling the 30 or so minutes from the Phoenix airport. I am trying to create another reason to travel to the Phoenix area. Who knows - maybe Ak-Chin will be my lead hotel the next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The rooms are nice but the casino is in sad shape.
I expected more from them.
I know they try to go overboard by approaching you and
asking if everything is ok.
That gets a little old. I will find you if I need something.
Sometimes I may just want tobe left alone.
The pool was nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The only issue I had with my Resort Pool non-smoking room was the condition of the balcony. I am a smoker, but I prefer a non smoking room. My issue is really not with the resort, but prior guests that have used the walls on the balcony to put their cigarettes out and there were several spilled drink stains (or bodily fluids) all along the balcony. The room interior was very clean & comfortable. The staff was extremely accomodating. The Grille makes a delicious bacon-cheeseburger that I highly recommend. Last, I have to give a shout out to the swim-up bar bartender Ritz. She is so sweet, attentive, and never stops smiling (even when the temperature is over 110 degrees during the hot Arizona summer).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here four different times. The new tower is modern so if you need wii-fi I would request rooms in that area. The hotel has a hot tub and a nice pool area. One down size is cow smell on some nights. There is a deli, steak house, and buffet on the property. There isn't much to do but in the area but gamble so many are here with free rooms comps from Harrah's Total Rewards Card.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We recently spent one overnight in the new tower at Harrah's Ak Chin resort. We have stayed at Harrah's quit a few times but were very disappointed in the new tower. We had a room on the 1st floor facing the parking lot as we were told there were no other rooms available. We were staying at the resort for a comp stay so we did not press the issue. I don't think this building has any views as one way faces the parking lot and the other side faces another building. We found the new rooms to have a weird layout and not comfortable to relax in as there was only 1 chair. They did a terrible job in the design. Bathroom shower and toilet area has glass panel that is open to sleeping area so in the middle of the night if someone uses the bathroom the sleeping area is lit up. Also did not like vanity and sink as we prefer to have one enclosed bathroom. Curtains did not completely cover windows so light came in at 530am. Old rooms have more space, more seating room and larger bathrooms. Pool area has been redone and is very nice, if you can deal with the flies. We had lunch in Agave and spent the whole time shooing flies, like everyone else. This is a major problem even in Casino and they need to deal with it or we will not be back. Had dinner at the Range and found it to be very expensive. I would like to see them offer midweek complete dinners for around 20.00. I think it would certainly bring in dinners. Food was OK...No choice of potatoes only horrible, bland mashed potatoes that look like baby food. AK Chin needs to improve in all areas as there as so many nice casino resorts in the area now like, Talking Stick, Gila River and Raddison Ft. McDowell. Casino needs an upgrade in carpet and bathrooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Ak-chin Casino Resort? Share your experiences!