“Fantastic Fishing” 5 of 5 stars

Fee: Yes
6 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had Captain Skip Dixon for the day and we landed a bunch of good size trout. He is a pro and knows the river!

Visited July 2012

Colorado Springs, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
“Great guides & great fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have been to Lee's Ferry twice and have used Lee's Ferry Anglers both times. Each time Skip has been our guide. He is very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. He knows the river very well and knows where to find the fish. This last time, May 2012, we (myself, husband & stepson) all caught numerous fish. Skip is very patient with less experienced anglers. He gives good analogies that help with casting and hooking the trout. If I had been able to hook all the fish that took my fly - I would have landed the most fish! However, my husband and stepson are very experienced fishermen and they caught the most fish.

When you book a day fishing trip with Lee's Ferry Anglers you get an experienced guide, use of a jet boat and lunch is provided. You will also catch tons of big fat trout that put up a good fight. I highly recommend this outfitter!

Visited May 2012
Tucson, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
“friendly, helpful, awesome scenery and great fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Capt. Jeff English is an excellent guide, dog lover and good guy. My wife and I caught 40 fish (beautifully and brightly colored rainbow trout that are big and feisty) the first day and 30 the second and had a great 20th anniversary trip. Saw some petroglyphs and wildlife. The sky in Glen Canyon on the Colorado River upstream from Lees Ferry seems impossibly blue at times. The fly fishing/outfitters shop at Cliff Dwellers Lodge was well stocked and reasonably priced. Food at Cliff Dwellers Lodge is outstanding and the view from the patio during the thunderstorms was beautiful and relaving. The view behind the lodge--Vermillion Cliffs --changes color all day long and never quite looks the same. You'll find it hard to stop taking pictures because the scenery is unbelievable.

Visited August 2011

Been to Lees Ferry Anglers? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lees Ferry Anglers, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later