“An Oasis -” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cliff Dwellers Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marble Canyon
Cliff Dwellers Lodge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“An Oasis -”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Near Lee's Ferry in Marble Canyon and on the south side of the Vermillion Cliffs, this hotel offers clean sheets, clean bathrooms, and hospitable hosts. The store/lobby/reception, built apart form the rooms, is stocked with beer, soft drinks, etc. However, what is noteworthy is the complete stock of fishing gear, clothing, and other adventure travel odds and ends. Brands include ex-officio and Columbia, as well as others. The restaurant is better than average - the 1/3 pound hamburgers are outstanding. Be prepared to pay for the food, though, as this is nearly the only restaurant in miles. Have a couple of drinks and with any entree, fork down about forty bucks. Spent nearly my daily food budget on one meal here. All-in-all, I would return here on another trip. Oh, you can purchase gas here, also. T.J. our fly fishing guide employed by Lee's Ferry Anglers is great! He works here, too. Ask for him. He has enough patience to teach fly fishing to two novices. We caught fish in spite of our lack of skill! Good job, T.J.! Check out the dog named Boo (not the one in the Lobo song). He's a beauty!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here after a day at the north rim. The room was clean and comfortable but what really surprised us was the food! It was excellent and the service was great as well. I had one of the best desserts I have ever had, you have to have the avocado pie! I know that sounds kind of weird but it is unbelievably good! Seriously! Kudos to everyone who works there. You can tell they enjoy what they do.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My friends and I wanted a lodge where we could spend the night on our drive from the Grand Canyon north rim to Phoenix. Google maps showed this lodge on the way and so we booked it even though it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere.

When we did arrive, this lodge turned out to be quite good. Since we were arriving late, the lodge management had made arrangements for us to be able to access our rooms. The rooms themselves were decent enough with a bit of a rustic feel. The bathroom attached to the room was decent. It was adequately furnished but a bit small and not the cleanest one (though I have seen branded hotels do worse) As expected, the lodge wasi n the middle of nowhere but that worked out to our benefit since we got to see a night sky filled with stars, clean from any light pollution. The lodge has a little attached diner and the breakfast there was quite good, though service was slow.

The lodge is very close to the Vermillion cliffs and marble canyon and is thereforre an ideal place to crash at night, if you plan on visiting these attractions. All in all, I would recommend thios lodge to anybody who is in this area. It may not be a very luxurious place to stay but it is convenient, adequately furnished and priced right.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed at Cliff Dwellers Lodge about 10 times, each preceding a white water rafting trip in the Grand Canyon. The lodge has very nice rooms, the older section of the lodge has "quaint" trappings in the southwestern style. Rooms have tv, coffee pot, and amenities. When I first started staying there in the late 90s the room were very basic with no tv or coffee pot --upgrades were made in the early 2000s and the rooms are very comfortable. There is a store with sodas, beer, and basic supplies for a trip. A very large section is devoted to fly fishing equipment. The restaurant is excellent and I recommend the stuffed biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

Room Tip: Older section of the motel is "quainter" the newer section is more like a standard motel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I took a chance on this motel because the closure of Route 89 made other options impractical. I was very glad that this worked out well. The check-in guy was very friendly and so were the staff at the restaurant. The food was excellent and sitting outside with nothing else for miles around was wonderful. Do be aware that some of the rooms are a bit old (ours had a weird kind of wooden sauna lining inside the bathroom, but the room was clean and comfortable. The motel is also completely isolated, so don't expect to do anything after dark except watch the stars. The price is quite reasonable for the area and I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you feel nervous about staying in an isolated location, ask for a room next to where others are s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just spend two days at Cliff Dwellers Lodge, a wonderful place. The motel is very clean, comfortable and well maintained. The beds are very comfortable and the highway becomes very quiet at night. The view from the veranda is fantastic and you are at the base of the Vermillion Cliffs. The real gem is the wonderful restaurant! The food is fresh and well prepared not the regular boring burger and fries kind stuff. People seemed to drive in from surrounding motels for dinner. We had two excellent dinners with great specials and lots other interesting options on the menu! Staff in the motel and restaurant very friendly and helpful! We would not hesitant to return to this spot! The only down side is the distance to the Grand Canyon, but I would choose the long drive over the hustle and bustle of the North Rim Lodge!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here on a road trip around the mid west and we were looking for cheap but comfortable places to stay. This did the job! It is very reasonably priced and the rooms are clean. There were 5 of u sin our party so we had two rooms. My parents and younger brother had a much nicer room than myself. I seem to have gotten a room in the oldest part of the motel. My room had a bit of a musty smell and the decor was more dated where as my parents had a much newer room, which seemed cleaner and fresher. It did not bother me too much as I only used the room for sleeping. The food here is very good and very reasonably priced. We ate breakfast and dinner here and were very satisfied. The staff here are also really helpful. It is definitely worth staying in if you're looking for somewhere cheap and comfortable but ask for some of the newer rooms!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cliff Dwellers Lodge? Share your experiences!