“Home from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rooney's Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rooney's Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Rooney's Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Sarmiento 1775 | 3rd Floor, Buenos Aires CP1041, Argentina (Balvanera)   |
Offers & Announcements
Vacas de Invierno
Ranked #66 of 439 hotels in Buenos Aires
Luton, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been at Rooney's for a week and I could not feel more at home. The staff have been fantastic. Very friendly and courteous. The rooms are elegant and comfortable. Great bed and a great sleep. Overall a friendly comfortable environment which felt very much like 'home'.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Valparaiso, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at Rooney's a couple of weeks ago and the staff saved me, saved me, saved me!!

I actually left my passport, credit cards and several hundred euros/dollars in the room in my travel wallet. I did not even realize this until I received an email from the owner, Kieran Rooney, letting me know that they had found it. I was already outside of Buenos Aires and would not return for a few days but they held onto it and gave it to me right before I headed to the airport. What great service!!

Besides the customer service, the beds are super comfortable and the bathrooms are great. I slept very well while there. The shower also had one of those sunflower type shower heads which I love.

When I go back to Buenos Aires I will definitely stay at Rooney's again and I will recommend it to anyone I know traveling there. The familiarity with the staff is a most welcome change from the staffs at larger hotel chains. Thank you Rooney's!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights - the first in a room overlooking the road corner junction - mistake - so noisy for most of the night - no problem with a change to a quieter room which had in fact been previously confirmed. The location is such that when quietly reading in the drawing room/bar area the floor literally shook when heavy vehicles went past. Having said that there is wonderful character and atmosphere in a very old building . Buffet breakfast just about adequate, but nothing more. I didn't partake in the Tango lesson, but those guests that did were enjoying themselves. The bathrooms in the two rooms I used were tiny, perhaps to be expected in such an old building, but be aware that they were both positively claustrophobic, just about enough space to be functional, but only just. On my last two mornings parts of the hotel , including my room, were without power, and one morning without hot water. I presume that this is a drawback of such an old building with presumably wiring of a similar vintage. The staff all spoke good English and could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Rooneys_Boutique, Owner at Rooney's Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thankyou for your comments. In relation to the power cut, this was not due to old wiring. The hotel was completely restored/renovated 7 years ago, during which time it was completely rewired according to modern day specifications and regulations. The power cut was in fact due to a general power outage in various neighbourhoods (the centre included) for a number of hours on these particular days. Thankfully, this is a fairly infrequent event but nonetheless one that we had to deal with. I hope that the inconvienence incurred did not detract from your positive experience in Buenos Aires.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Great place with awesome service. Enjoyed the tango lesson a lot. Rooms are very clean. The hotel has an old feel to it. It is definitely not a business in and out with modern interior. It has it's character and flavor. The elevator is something you only see in the movies. The receptionists were extremely helpful. I have to praise Adrian for his incredible patience and willingness to help and Nancy for lightning speed responses to my e-mails. Book it, you will want to come back to this hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my second visit to Rooney's and I once again experienced great customer service in this most charming hotel. 4 of us shared the apartment. The hotel was happy for us all to arrive at different dates, helped us with booking a trip to Uruguay and helped us out when we had an issue picking up concert tickets, with one simple phone call. I can not recommend this place enough!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cambria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Rooney's Boutique Hotel in Buenos Aires, Argentina is a wonderful place. Convenient to everything, its staff were always friendly and very helpful. Located in a renovated Belle Epoch home, the rooms have high ceilings, tall windows, balconies, and are furnished in antiques. When we were there, the streets were alive, but the rooms in the hotel were quiet and very secure. They arranged transport to and from EZE, called us cabs when we wanted, arranged a great Tango dinner and show one evening, and a day's outing at a ranch for lunch, a gaucho show, and horseback riding! We have no problems recommending this lovely hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We found Rooneys hotel was welcoming and clean,room had all facilities and was roomy.the hotel was difficult to find as was on the third floor entranced by a lift.the staff were very helpful and would not hesitate in recommending

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rooney's Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!