“Timing.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Chacra

La Chacra
Av Cordoba 941 | San Nicolas, Buenos Aires C1054AAI, Argentina (Retiro)
011 4322-1409
Neighborhood: Retiro
Jax, FL
“Timing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Would have had a better experience had our tour promoted it as an evening out. It was promoted late in the AM tour for lunch on the day of our big evening dinner. It's obvious as you enter what their specialty is. If you're not up for meat, it's pointless. It is local cuisine at gourmet prices. Had I known that I wouldn't have been disappointed at the size of my big salad. Costanza is lucky he didn't pay for Elaine's salad here. The only item I found to maintain its humbleness here is the empanada. Seems to be sacred throughout BA. They were very good here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“A great blast from the past!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had a great night out at this restaurant. We loved the "good old days" atmosphere and service. We had the suckling pig and it was very tender and cooked to perfection.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The service was great.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Not great. Service was good. Open pit meat was bland with no smoke flavor. The steak was huge but was tough as nails. The salad was tossed table side and was awesome... Better off somewhere else.

“I must write I review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I was in La Chacra with my wife and we had a great experience with this resturant. The waiters are professional and very kind, the prices are pretty fine and the food... WOW! In my next visit in BA I will probably come there again.

Houston, Texas
“Fantastic service mixed quality of Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stumbled across this place while strolling around Buenos Aires and the smoking meat around a fire drew us in. The service was amazing and very detail oriented from the waiter mixing the salad and dividing it evenly to our individual plates to cleaning a drop of wine off the stem of my glass after he poured it. My steak was fantastic and I was very satisfied. But my girlfriend didn't like her steak and found it hard to cut (though I personally thought it was a good steak). All in all I'd recommend it, but not everyone would agree.

• Visited September 2012