“Great location, price and accommodations.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% Off Room Rate
Ranked #66 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Los Angeles
“Great location, price and accommodations.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

First, for those not sure where to stay in Buenos Aires (as I was), Recoleta is your best bet. Buenos Aires is a big city. So you use the taxi a lot to get to other areas. Staying in Recoleta is an upscale neighborhood. You have everything you need in easy walking distance (bank, restaurants, pharmacy, grocery, mall, etc). And if you are in Recoleta, I highly recommend this hotel. I paid $125 a night on a pre-pay basis for what was a huge suite. (at the hotel I noticed the little sign with their rates at the front desk and this seemed to be the normal [price anyway). From the website, it appears I got the superior suite. The photos on the website are very accurate as to the design and quality of the accommodations. Our room was great. Essentially three separate areas in a row. Mini kitchen with table for 6, couch and sitting area, and bed area. Bed was very comfortable. Everything was new and clean. Bathroom was big with giant walk in shower. You can certainly pay several times the price for a luxury small room at say the Hyatt, but why? By comparison, one night on our trip in another city we spent over $500 a night at a luxury hotel...and my wife and i still felt the Urban Suite was the best choice on our trip insofar as accommodations went, not to mention price (the luxury hotel certainly had more amenities but as for the room itself, Urban Suites hands down) . Buffet was about the same as we had at most hotels during our trip. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a perfect location, just across from the Recoleta Cemetery. There are plenty of restaurants, banks, stores, etc nearby. San Telmo they say is where all the night life is, and we did go to dinner there one night, but I would still say stay in Recoleta as there is much more available. you can always take the taxi to San Telmo for the evening. A family member was living in Buenos Aries for a few months and told me we were in a great location as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The location of this hotel is wonderful. There are many great restaurants nearby and lots of things to see all within easy walking distance. Overlooking the Recoletta cemetery was quite unique and unusual, as well. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. They even assisted with getting us reservations at a popular steakhouse within just hours of us deciding we wanted to eat at the Steakhouse later that evening. The rooms are very large and comfortable. There was a couch, easy chair, table with 4 chairs, bed of course, and still lots of room to move around. The small balcony was nice, although it really didn't have room for chairs. As others have mentioned though, there is construction going on next door and it is very loud starting about 7:30 in the morning. Also, one weekend night, the disco a few doors down played extremely loud music until 5:30 a.m. This was far worse than the construction hammers. Fortunately, it was only one night. Overall, this is a great place to stay for a very affordable price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

There are a lot of reasons to love this place and a handful of ones to not. First off the service is great, everyone at the front desk is friendly and very helpful. The rooms are also great, they are big and clean providing you with a lot of space to spread out. If you're wanting to just enjoy a bottle of wine in your room and relax you'll have no issues there. But don't think about using the wifi in the room for anything more than checking facebook. The wifi is very slow and often drops out, which really seems to be the case at most of the cafes around the city too. Another issue we ran into was the construction next door. Its possible the construction will be done by the time you find yourself staying here but it was an issue during my stay (October 2012). They started by 8:00 AM so forget about sleeping in. Just didn't enjoy my stay as much when having to hear hammering every morning nextdoor.

Even with those few negatives, it was overall a good stay and the location was excellent. Lots of restaurants nearby and nice shops within walking distance. Being right by the cemetery made it easy to let taxi drivers know where to go.

Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Small boutique hotel, the front office staff was very nice and all spoke some English. Although check in time is 3pm, the earned major points when they gave me my room when I arrived at 10:30am. I had the standard room, good size in all areas. Coffee maker, microwave, mini fridge, and plates, silver ware, glasses and coffee cups for 2 people. Nice sized table for 4. Small balcony which I enjoyed, however if you want any chairs you need to move the ones from the dining table. Weather was cool when I was there but air conditioner was effective and quiet, I wish a lot of American hotels would learn the desirability of quiet air conditioning.
To keep the warmth in I prefer a shower with a door, which mine did not have. The only time that I received coffee for the coffee machine was when I specifically requested it the day before, the first day or two I was there I used the one green and one black teas that were there and they were never replaced, leaving only herbal varieties that I only used one of. The toilets are somewhat noisy and you can hear the adjoining units, other than that the only noise I heard from other guests at the hotel were infrequently from the hallway. All hard flooring and the edges of the room were not really clean. The space adjacent to the hotel is under construction, the noise was only during the day and I did not find it disruptive, however if you had a room on the east side of the hotel with a wall against that space it might be worse. From the look of things the construction will be continuing for a good while. While these were all just minor to me the only real issue I had was the internet service. The first day and a half I was there it worked fine, and then the next morning it wasn't working on my floor, I talked to the day people on the front desk several times and they said they were working on it. Later when I talked to the evening person he seemed to know nothing about it, he was very nice, and worked on it himself for a while, to no effect. By the middle of the next afternoon they had fixed it, and it worked fine for 24 hours, then gradually started degrading until by the time I left 3 days later it was essentially non functioning again on my floor. They have routers for every two floors and when I was having difficulty on my floor I could go to the spa or the lobby, or sit in the hallway and connect to a router from another floor, which worked OK, however, did not provide the quiet or privacy I needed.
I liked the included buffet breakfast very much, it doesn't vary so if your stay is long it might be a little monotonous. Real scrambled eggs, another thing for American hotels to learn, and ham, lots of bread choices, medialunas, which are Argentinian croissants, slightly sweet, juice, fresh fruit salad, yogurts, cold cereal, cold meats and cheese, fresh fruits, fresh squeezed orange juice, and excellent homemade pastries. The regular coffee was standard Argentinian fare, which I didn't care for, but the espresso was good, and the attendants very nice.
They have a pillow menu, the TV had at least 10 channels that were in English at least some of the time which was an unexpected, pleasant surprise. Hair dryer. No iron. Fairly quiet at night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
UrbanSuitesRecoleta, Director Comercial at Urban Suites Recoleta Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent experience at Urban Suites Recoleta.

We are glad to know that your stay in Urban Suites Recoleta Boutique Hotel was comfortable.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We are giving a 5 star review to this hotel, because not only the hotel is great, but also the location is fantastic. Reading how other hotels in less beautiful areas get 5 stars, I cannot think of giving Urban Recoleta anything less than the best. The rooms are clean, spacious and well kept. The staff is super friendly, helpful and ready to answer any questions you may have. And what to say about the location. Nested in the beautiful Recoleta district of Buenos Aires, it offers safe walking to shopping, restaurants, site seeing, etc. Pictures from other reviewers are a true indication of how good the hotel feels and looks. Highly recommend this hotel to your visit to Buenos Aires.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We spent a night in the master suite and it was lovely. It is very spacious and with a big balcony with one of the best views of Buenos Aires. From there you can see the Recoleta cementery, the river, lots of trees and a lot more. The hotel is near malls, museums and parks.
It has a very comfortable bed, a basic kitchen, and complete breakfast.
Also, the staff of the hotel is friendly and helpful.
We really recommend it for your stay in the city!

Room Tip: Choose the river view!

Panama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Unfortunately we did not read the trip advisor reviews prior to arriving. We booked through a company that offered a free upgrade strangely right before we were to travel. We should have taken it. Arriving at 2 am after a long plane ride, we hoped to sleep in, only to be woken up before 8 am (!!!) by HEAVY construction. The construction was so awful, that even though we understand a hotel might want to hide that, they perhaps should warn people when they check in...since they clearly no it is occurring. Admittedly we never said anything since it was clear that you either had a construction-noise or a late-night bar/club room depending on location. Luckily a few of our days were on holidays so we didn't get woken up every morning, but the last morning we were woken up before 730 am by construction. Apparently there is no zoning for construction start times? We had already scheduled to stay again for a brief night later in our trip, and due to pre-payment could not be changed. This time we arrived at midnight and got a smokey-smelling room in the front. At 2 am, the heavy vibrations and loud music from the bar next door kept us awake until our early morning flight. The hotel was otherwise lovely, but might be better to put a hostel in that location instead of a hotel where people pay hundreds of dollars to get sleep.

Room Tip: Pick your poison, early morning construction on one side of the building or late-night club noise on...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Urban Suites Recoleta Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!