“The Best Place to stay for Tango Dancers” 5 of 5 stars

La Casa de Maria Tango
Venezuela 2213 | Balvanera, Buenos Aires 1096, Argentina   |
Ranked #61 of 249 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Little Rock, Arkansas
“The Best Place to stay for Tango Dancers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I have been staying at Casa Maria Tango for the past 7 years. I am a tango dancer for many years and now a tango teacher for the past 5 years. I bring my students to Buenos Aries for them to get the real experiance of tango from the local Portenos. You will get this from Maria and her lovely staff everyday that you are there. They are all warm, generous and kind. You will meet tango dancers from all over the world, like I have in my past trips. Maria will make daily plans for you if you wish or she wil let you plan out you own places to visit. There is a Salon to practice your tango in and for lessons. Sometime she even has a cultural events in the Salon at night . The tango house is full of warmth and charm, not fancy, just a wonderful place to spend a week or two or even a month like many people do. I am looking forward to staying there on my next trip in November!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Very cozy and friendly place. If you're a tango dancer it's probably one af the best, htey cater to your needs, have a practice room as well and you can book lessons there. You'll also meet like minded people and you can go dancing together.
Two thumbs up!
Radu, Canada

• Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

I had absolutely a wonderfull time with Maria and her team, and the guests of the moment in her house. Maria did suggestions to visit milonga's, she invited me and the other travellers and so we formed a group.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
Vienna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I spent last December in Buenos Aires and stayed at La Casa Maria Tango - I simply loved it. Everybody was so helpful & friendly! I can highly recommend La Casa Maria Tango - it makes you feel like being part of big family. I cried when I had to leave.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

From the moment we were greeted at the airport until our departure, Maria Teresa and her staff were always warm, helpful and went out of their way to make our stay in B.A. a good one. Accommodations are modest but quite adequate ) and it was helpful to have kitchen facilities to keep drinks, snacks etc. For tango dancers, Maria and her right arm Suzanne (who formerly organized milongas) were indispensable in helping us sort out where to go - and taking us to dances, introducing us to friends etc. The small dance studio at the guesthouse also made taking lessons easy Overall the experience was wonderful, Maria and her staff did everything from organizing farewell parties, helping us shop for shoes... to getting me a prescription for medication I forgot in Toronto - amazing - warm wonderful people. Rita Citron Toronto

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Istanbul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

Maria tango house is very nice,cosy and friendly place especialy if you are a solo traveler in Bs.As.All staff are very helpfull,trying to make you relax and comfort;and they always take care of your requests..So,if you want to feel at home,it's the right place!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

i had my first solo trip to BA in 2008 and stayed here, and it showed I was rather naive. I exchanged many emails beforehand and built what I thought to be was an honest travellers relationship with the owner of my lodging. There were many great things about staying here, the staff were wonderful and I became very close with them, but the owners were more about making the money. Don't get me wrong, I realise it is a business, but when I found that the person who rented my room before me was paying 50% less I was astonished. Especially seeing I had booked for one month and told I would get a very special deal. hmmm... There was also the tango "lesson" with the friend on the first day. Cost = 100pesos. The friend turned out to be the driver...I paid less than that for professional lessons. Tota is beautiful, and Steffie was fantastic with her guidance and company, & Dani was really amazingly helpful in more ways than you would expect. But, I wouldnt stay here again. Needless to say, I know so much more now for planning my next trip!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
Fedeflip, Propietario at La Casa de Maria Tango, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We are sorry to hear you experience was so bad here. We know there is a problem with rates, because we have a price, the one you paid, and sometimes travelers ask for a discount, saying that they are traveling with a low budget, and it´s hard to say no all the time, and when we reduce the price for someone, the others fell it´s unfair, We also think it´s unfair and so we are trying to equal the prices and explain to all travelers this situation.
Also, sometimes we do a special price for the frequent guest,
We are not sure about who was the one you sayd that have paid much less than you
warm regards
Federico

Been to La Casa de Maria Tango? Share your experiences!