“And great steak it is!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Cabrera Sur

La Cabrera Sur
Cabrera 5099, Buenos Aires C14BGS, Argentina (Palermo)
(011) 4831 7002
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 3,007 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“And great steak it is!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Recommended by a good friend. This place really is an amazing steak restaurant! Waauw! People are nice, interior is a bit chaotic but really suits the place. Make sure you make reservations and be in time, otherwise they're giving your table away, many people waiting for one.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“very good but not outstanding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good sphere. steaks and serice could be better. however, one of the best. Go early (8 pm...) as people wait quite long to get a table. We had better steaks at Don Julio....

Visited October 2012
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Great atmosphere, good food and sides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went to this place twice in one week so far and ordered the same thing each time. The 600 gram bife de lomo with a side of vegetables (though it has a slightly different name on the menu there).
As always, I ordered vuelta y vuelta and stressed again, that I'd like it really bloody (which is very hard to get in BsAs. Pretty much every place I've been to, has overcooked it for my taste).
I loved the atmosphere and the service. The sides were great too and were even included in the price of my dish.
BUT, the first time my meat was somewhere in between medium and well done. Very bad!
The second time they got it right and I was satisfied to say the least. I haven't had the chorizo yet, but the girls next to me ordered it along with the morcillo (blood sausage) and told me it was great. Kudos to the waiter for intentionally seating me next to the two girls my age with whom I continued on to two other bars;) I'm here alone you see, so that was thoughtful.
I didn't have a reservation either of the two times, so I had to wait about 15 minutes the first time.
The second time I took advantage of their "HAPPY HOUR" between 7pm and 8pm where everything is 40% off, including meat and wine!
The happy hour really is a bargain if you're looking for an excellent but quick meal at a very reasonable price, because they will ask you to leave at 8pm if they need the table!
It's recommended to be there around 6:45pm if you're looking to profit from the happy hour.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
İzmir
“La Cabrera is my favorite steak house in the world.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

...the most delicious beefsteak is a thick (about two and a quarter inches) rib steak complete with its long rib bone and its spinalis dorsi, also known as the rib eye cap, the muscle that curves over the top of the eye, the most delicious muscle on the entire animal—tender, rich, juicy, brimming with beefy flavor and with umami...

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“Great place to spend a night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great parrilla for the following reasons:

-Very nice atmosphere; lively yet romantic due to the decor and lighting
-Extra large portions, we shared an 800g steak and even had leftovers. Sharing is even recommended on the menu! We found it fun to select and share the meal together - a different experience
- Order no sides - they offer you a range of sides when they bring your meat which we found to be more than enough as there were several to choose from
- Good value for the quantity and quality of meat
- Good service. Had our table for several hours as we stayed on to enjoy more wine post dinner and we were not rushed on at all

• Visited September 2012