“Sick like a rock star in BA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires

You added Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Moreno 376 | Montserrat, Buenos Aires C1091AAH, Argentina (Montserrat)   |
Ranked #55 of 441 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oregon
“Sick like a rock star in BA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My friend and I returned to BA with an evening to spend before heading home. His flight left for the UK early the next morning and mine late at night for the US. My original plan had been to leave my bags and spend the day wandering. I came down with a south american sized head cold and could barely get out of bed. I was able to change my reservation and get a room where I could have a very late check out before my flight. The room was huge with an art deco feel, and the view from one window amazing. The staff was kind and helpful, and the morning breakfast from the top floor very nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed at the Moreno in February 2012 and found the hotel to be delightful, the location great and the staff incredibly helpful. The hotel is a renovated art deco building with all the quirks and charm of an older building. The rooms are spacious and interesting with their contemporary design. The staff was especially helpful in recommending local restaurants, helping with reservations and other arrangements. The rooftop terrace is a delightful spot for a glass of wine after a day of touring and before heading out to dinner. The location of the hotel in San Telmo is a huge asset. It's close to great restaurants and the spectacular Sunday street fair. This hotel is a true gem.

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel. If you are willing to make a non-refundable reservation, there are...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
JeremiasMeinardi, Gerente at Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team of Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires I would like to thank you very much for your kind words about us.

We agree that the building is a gem, Architectural Heritage of the City by the local Goverment, so we care so much about it.

Very happy to know that your stay here was completely enjoyable.

Thank you once again for choosing us!

Best Regards.

Jeremías Meinardi.
General Manager.
Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We arrived at the Hotel Moreno far earlier than check in but were pleasantly surprised to be given a room immediately. The room was huge with high ceilings, modern decor, and even a private veranda that took us awhile to discover. The building is very old (the cage elevators are a wonder) but the rooms have been renovated. The breakfast room and terrace is on level 7 (the elevators only go to 6) so you have to hike a bit. Do walk onto the terrace adjacent to the eating area to survey the view. The hotel is in Barrio San Telmo and is within feet of the Sunday market. It is also in easy walkiing distance to the Obelisk and downtown attractions. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I recommend you print out Google maps of places you want to go before you leave home (we did). Buenos Aires cabbies try to shake you down. Doesn't seem to matter what the meter says.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

A big thank you for your review about Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires.

It is an honor for us that you have had a good experience here.

We are very grateful that you appreciate the virtues of our service.

Hope to be your choice for your next stay in the city, we will be waiting you.

Greetings from the entire team and THANK YOU once again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Moreno Hotel in Buenos Aires was our first hotel stay in Argentina and we loved it. The hotel is located well for sightseeing and is a short taxi ride to Puerto Madre for dinner.

The room was huge! Breakfast is served on the top floor and has a wonderful balcony overlooking the roof tops of San Telmo. I fell in love instantly with the dulce de leche sweets they served - delicious! The reception staff were incredibly helpful and helped us decide on what to do around the city during the day.

We dined at Aldo's - a good restaurant but we were unable to settle the bill on our room (we were told that they were not connected despite it being part of the Moreno Hotel website). Service was ok - it picked up when Aldo made an appearance though.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
JeremiasMeinardi, Gerente at Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

We're happy that we're able to host your first stay in Argentina. Thank you for your comments!

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the dulce de leche treats, they're something of a national treasure here!

We hope we can host your second trip!

All the best.

Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We live in Santiago de Chile and just got married. We were looking for a nice hotel in a good, safe, fun neighborhood and a friend recommended Moreno Hotel because she had spent her honeymoon there.

At first, I was hesitant because it's in Barrio San Telmo which is beautiful and kind of hipster in the day, but creepy and dangerous at night. On a previous trip to Buenos Aires, I was robbed at gunpoint in San Telmo. Needless to say, going back made me trepidatious, but I decided I would be fine with my Chilean husband. I'm glad we decided to stay there.

It's only blocks from the iconic Obelisco, Plaza de Mayo, and Puerto Madero. We walked literally until all we could do was fall over and sleep.

We got a nice 56 sq. meter loft with a spacious sitting area, mini bar, and bathroom. I saw another reviewer critiquing the breakfast, but I thought the breakfast was perfect! After some terrible breakfasts we've received in other places, this one was amazing. Coffee, tea, espresso, croissants, ham, cheese, fruit, yogurt, jam, dulce de leche, cakes...What more could you want? Seriously, we would have paid three times this amount in the United States for a similar room and services.

My only complaint is that the staff seemed a little apathetic. They do speak English, which is good if you don't understand Spanish. However, even though my Spanish is fluent, they seemed to lack the patience to speak to me in Spanish and kept trying to respond in English. They also seemed disinterested when we asked questions about the neighborhood or the hotel. At any rate, this was not enough to damper our trip and we really enjoyed our stay at Moreno Hotel.

Room Tip: Mention that you read Andi's review on My Beautiful Adventures and they might give you a discoun...
Dear Guest,

First I'd like to thank you for your positive review of your Honeymoon at the Moreno.

I'm so pleased to hear that you had such a great stay. I particularly appreciate your feedback on the breakfast since it seems to be a point of contention for many guests.

However, I'm very sad to hear your comment about that employee. I'd be greatful if you could send me some more detailed information about that.

Thanks once again for your kind words, you're always welcome at the Moreno.

All the best.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We loved the chic modern design of our airy hotel room, and everyone who worked at the front desk was extremely helpful. I think they improved the breakfast based on previous commentary, too-- it was one of the most extensive "continental" breakfasts we had at any hotel, including rolls, toast, medialunas, yogurt, fruit, cereal, and coffee, juice and even made-to-order espresso drinks. The location is great: the San Telmo neighborhood is quiet with cute markets and you are only a 5-10 minute walk from the subway and bustling city. 7th floor jacuzzi was a nice place to check out the sunset after a hot day, too!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
JeremiasMeinardi, Gerente at Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Moreno during your time in Buenos Aires.

We really appreciate your delightful comments. They cheered us all up!

We especially liked that you posted a photo of your room.

You're very welcome to come back and stay here next time.

Thanks again from me and all the staff.

Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

This one was a Jetsetter deal I found ($145). Its located in the middle of Buenos Aires' old town. Though this is an up and coming neighborhood it can be a bit dodgy at night. The hotel labels itself as a boutique hotel and it has some touch to it. The room was huge though my bathroom was tiny (think Japanese showers). The wifi was there but slower than dial up. Breakfast was pretty disappointing. What looked spectacular was the rooftop terrace though BA was so hot in early February there was no way I'll stay there for more than a minute during the day.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor online community. We take all comments seriously.

We're surprised to hear that you were dissapointed with the breakfast menu seeing as the mayority of our guests continually give glowing reviews. In which case, could you please contact me to tell me how you think we can improve the menu.

Thank you once again for your comments and I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires

Been to Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!