“"My home" in Buenos Aires” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caseron Porteno B&B

You added Caseron Porteno B&B to your Saves list
Caseron Porteno B&B
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Ciudad de la Paz 344, Buenos Aires C1426AGF, Argentina (Palermo)   |
Ranked #34 of 249 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Bergen, Norway
“"My home" in Buenos Aires”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Caseron Porteno for four weeks, and we enjoyed living there.The house, garden,the staff working there, all together made our stay so perfect.The breakfastroom was a good place to meet the other guests, and get the feeling of a family where we could share our experiences.An oasis in a big city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at Caseron Porteno for the first half of my two week stay in Buenos Aires and it was such a nice experience that I was wishing I had stayed for the entire duration of my trip. As a sole traveler it was really nice to be surrounded by such a good group of people (both the other guests and the people working within the guest house). They were so accommodating and the place has a bit of a family feel to it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
gawci, Propietario at Caseron Porteno B&B, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thanks for your beautiful words, Kristina. We´ve been receiving such nice people lately that is really a pleasure to run this guest house. And of course you´re among these great people we receive.
It´s been very nice meeting you and receiving you in our house, and we hope to see you again someday!
Love,
All Caserón Porteño´s team
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I spent 10 days at Caseron Porteno and it was the perfect first stop on my Buenos Aires 'Adventure.' The B&B has a welcoming, caring and attentive staff!

The large kitchen and breakfast room also serves as impromptu meeting room for guests, where fellow Tango (and non-Tango) travelers would gather to talk about their latest 'find.' We'd often share a home-baked pizza provided by our hosts, well, just because . . .! And magically, someone always seemed to have a bottle of Malbec. I met wonderful people who were exploring BsAs and discovering the world of Tango. Many were 'regulars' who have visited BsAs and resided at Caseron Porteno many times. As a solo traveler, I consider myself very fortunate to have found Caseron and have a 'built-in' community when I arrived in Buenos Aires.

Rooms face a garden which is lovely. The dance floor, for the free and near-daily Tango lessons, is separated from the rooms which makes living at the BnB most quiet. Group lessons are low key and very good. Like in any big city, however, you may be happier with a room that doesn't face the street.

Palermo Soho/Hollywood is a very fine place to live in this very large City. Great restaurants and all the services you need are within walking distance.

Some of the reviewers have referred to Caseron as a hostel, which I don't think is quite correct. My room had a private bath and some of the rooms have shared baths. I think B&B captures the feel and pace of my first 'home' in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gawci, Propietario at Caseron Porteno B&B, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks a lot for your nice words, David. As you already know, for us it´s also been a big pleasure to meet you and have you as a guest at our house. We enjoyed very much all the chats with you, your nice jokes and your Malbec! Hope to see you again soon.
Love,
Cinthia & Daniel
Bottrop, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hostel is situated in a quiet alley. There is a lovely inside courtyard and two terraces. The birdsong can be heard in the morning.
The SUBTE-station (underground) is only 5 minutes away, as well as restaurants (even one vegetarian), a supermarket is located across the street.
Cordial climate, wunderful staff, excellent for tangeros. There is a tango lesson each day - included in the price, held by competent teachers. The citchen is also dining room and cultural center of the hotel. Here we met people from all over the globe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Vilnius
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I loved staying in Caseron Porteno. It has a personal touch, great classes of tango (included in the stay), after having tried tango i fell in love with the dance. I also loved the garden, the service was great, all the staff is so friendly. The location is also convenient, you can get by metro around the city. I would love to come back and take more classes of the beautiful dance;)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at Caseron Porteno for over two weeks and loved it. This hostel has a lot of wonderful things that accumulate into a great experience. Its proximity to the Subte and walking distance to restaurants and shops in the heart of the Palermo make the location fantastic. The beautiful court yard and layout of the facilities and rooms give it a warm feeling of safety, much appreciated in the BA metropolis. Perhaps best of all is the quality of staff. Friendly, smart, knowledgable, and communal it felt like I entered a family for my brief time there. Many thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this guesthouse. The staff were fantastic, even though my Spanish was very limited. It felt very homely. It's in a really good location, so if you're travelling for fun, it's easy to get to the city with all the transport options. There are also lots of restaurants and a few supermarkets where you can pick up food stuff. I found Caseron Porteno on booking.com by accident, and until you actually get to the place, you never know what you're going to find. I was very happy to have found such a great place, with such helpful and friendly staff. The free tango lessons were amazing too! I felt taken care of, but not intruded on at all, and that's a difficult balance to find. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try the single superior room upstairs, if it's available. Lovely, and comfortable.