“Good to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 441 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Sao Caetano do Sul, SP
“Good to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel have a good localization, it’s pretty close of “Casa Rosada”, very good breakfast and very good service... only concern, they don't have Gym... The price is in the average of the city. I recommend.. probably I'll be there again…

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Finnish first
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel struck us as a well run business hotel in general. The room was large, comfortable and clean. Reception was staffed by a very pleasant and helpful man. The bellboy was equally nice to deal with. We got an afternoon coffee on the restaurant which took ages to both be served and to pay for. Location was very central and easy to walk to attractions from.

Overall we were pretty happy . However we asked reception how much an airport transfer would be and were told 180. As this was our last day in Argentina we then spent all remaining currency bar 200 ( to allow for a 20 tip). We were then left embarrassed and angered to be told the cost was 210 to allow for toll charges. We ended up giving the driver 10 euro as we didn't have anything else.

This was really unexpected given we had 2 other airport transfers organised by another hotel where the price quoted was the price charged.

I must admit I'd be reluctant to stay in another Melia property as a result.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were here on a quick stopover in B.A. and needed a place to stay in the micro centre. This hotel is conveniently located for that. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the blackout blinds were a plus after a long flight. Exactly what we expected based on other trip advisor reviews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have done a bit of research and really had hard time to decide where to stay....it was my first time visit in buenos aires, and even having read multiple opinions/guides/reviews I have had hard time to decide on the neighborhood and a hotel. I ended up with Tryp - based on my other positives visits to any melia properties.
Basic, elegant hotel. Big, comfy andnquiet room with not overly expensive mini bar. Comfortable bed and room temperature. Clean all around smelling very nice. Good shower, basic toiletries and towels. Good wifi.
Excellent breakfast - get selection and very tasty.
Helpful and attentive staff.
Slowwww elevator with a long wait.
Do not expect any view.
Location - good. Walking distance to many points of interest for a first time BA visitor, many stores and restaurants. Having said that the area is bit sketchy and dangerous....but I think it applies to buenos aires all around. Having travelled quiet a bit, to small and big cities around the world - and I was really, really looking forward to my visit to BA, I have to admit it was first place I've been to that did not make me feel safe - during the day...not to mention after dark. Too many thugs preying for tourists...anywhere and everywhere 24/7.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This simple, elegant hotel where i had stayed for three nights, is a memorable one in South America. Located in a central area, it offers all minimum ameneties and service with love and care. The hotel mail keeps coming and reminds me the beautiful days I had stayed. Starting with the door man, everyone in this property are friendly, professional and caring. There could be some language communcation problems but it will vanish in thin air through attentive staff service.
This may not be a high-end property but you will definitely get worth for your money. I recommend this to all business travellers.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Oakton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Maybe I should have written this one a bit sooner. I was in Patagonia fly fishing for a week and stayed for 5 days in beautiful Buenos Aires. I remember the room being top notch; staff friendly and all spoke English. The location was superb, and in the middle of everything. I had room service the night that I came in from San Carlos de Bariloche, and it was great. So, sorry for the weak details. I just know that I'd stay there again, and I used TripAdvisor to find it. I actually stayed there in March of 2011. Kind of out of range from what the drop down box says...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

only one bad thing to say about this hotel is that their breakfast is the same everyday, so if you plan on staying for a several days or weeks you might not find the free breakfast enjoyable after a couple of days.

Room Tip: for the 125.00 usd i paid a night to stay here i would of payed more at some other rundown hotel. th...