+ quite central location, approximately 5 mins from D line subte
+ nice touch: a free welcome glass of wine or beer on arrival, served by a very friendly member of staff
+ comfortable bed
+ clean although as the walls and floor of the room were white, they were a little grubby
- Very poor lighting scheme (no bedside lights or subtle lighting)
- Glass panel between bathroom and bedroom: turn on the light at night and you wake your travel companion
- noisy, partly due to lack of soft furnishings and concrete floor
- basic cheap looking furnishings lacking in colour; felt that the design was more about what would look trendy rather than be comfortable and useful
- Would not recommend due to the room: a pity as the location was great. Spent the same on two nights here as three nights in another hotel, which admittedly was further out, but a much nicer experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design cE Hotel de Diseno "A new hospitality culture." Designed by the Architect Ernesto Goransky, applying his concept of total design, offers "a new Culture in hospitality." The name comes from a contemporary idea which allows, beginning with letter "C," many words that give content to this new hospitality space. Begin with "C": culture, communication, confidence, comfort, commodity, creativity, construction, comprehension, curiosity, change, concept, celebration, compromise, conscience, cordiality, clearness... Located in Buenos Aires city in the heart of Barrio Norte, Design cE faces a green space designed by architect Carlos Thays, where we can appreciate Sarmiento Palace's magnitude. Design cE Hotel is an equidistant centre of the most attractive places that make of the city the cultural capital of Latin America. Each of the 28 suites reveals a new standard in what design, technology, and service refers. All equipped with king size beds, LCD TV 23 inches, acclimatization heat/cold, minibar, microwave, crockery set, bathrooms including whirlpool, direct phone line with answering machine, security box with laptop capacity, exclusive amenities line, black out with electronic display, wireless high speed internet and we also count with smoking rooms. The Design Cafe, located on the ground floor, offers a pioneer (and new) way to serve breakfast during the 24 hours. On the lower level, enjoy our Wine Bar and the comfortable living room with an infinite sky by glass ceiling. Here you can taste a great selection of the best Argentinean wines, drinks, tapas, contemporary music and videos. Here our guests receive a welcome drink provided by the hotel and make use of our computer with free access to internet. The public areas of the hotel offer high speed wireless connection. Have The Design cE includes external services currently free of charge, such as a parking lot, one block away from the hotel. Internal services not included in the rate: Dry cleaning and massages for the room. External service not included in the rate: transfer in-out. Design cE Hotel pretends togetherness acting as a cultural embassy for every country. This involves "music, painting, photography, clothing, textile and graphic design, dance, cinematography and literature." Design cE Hotel is a space for communication within peace and culture to host every person of our world looking for others with the same purpose aiming the construction of a global society based in a truth spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your cE Hotel de Diseno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ce Design Buenos Aires
- Hotel Ce Design