“Amazing Place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bonito Buenos Aires, San Telmo

and 1 more site!
You added Bonito Buenos Aires, San Telmo to your Saves list
Bonito Buenos Aires, San Telmo
Av Juan de Garay 458 | San Telmo, Buenos Aires 1153, Argentina (Formerly The Cocker)   |
Ranked #44 of 249 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Limassol, Cyprus
“Amazing Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have visited this amazing boutique hotel in January 2013 and it was one of the best, if not the best, place i have ever stayed in! First of all, it feels like home, as soon as you walk into that place. It is in an amazing victorian building in the heart of San Telmo, which is one of the nicest areas of Buenos Aires! The rooms are amazing and exactly as shown in the pictures provided by the hotel. Also, there are some amazing terraces all over the building.The location is also very good and the staff are one of the greatest Argentinian people i have ever met! It is so different from other accommodations and thats what makes it soo nice!
Highly reccomended!

Room Tip: I have stayed in Marthas Room 308 which is amazing but i have seen all the rooms and each one is des...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel during our holidays in November 2012. Of all the hotels I've stayed at (and I travel a lot for work and pleasure) I think this is my favorite.

The hotel was recommended to me by a friend who worked on a BBC travel programme which featured the hotel when it was called "The Cocker." I wasn't sure exactly what to expect as I knew it had changed hands since my friend was there. I found the new owners to be absolutely lovely and welcoming. Friendly, funny, knowledgeable, are all words I'd use to describe the staff. They're relaxed, accommodating, and have a lot of time for guests who want tips on their days itinerary.

I booked late and we ended up having to switch rooms several times over the course of our stay. The rooms were more affordable than other options in the city, so I didn't mind. We also travel light. In the end, I was really glad I got to see several different rooms in both the San Telmo and Monserrat locations. My partner works in construction and was fascinated by the architecture of the different rooms. Also, each room is thoughtfully decorated by a different local artist. The buildings are throughly Buenos Aires, and I'd highly recommend staying here as opposed to some of the "cookie-cutter" chain hotels. There were a lot of enjoyable 'quirks' to the rooms, like finding a dove nesting in the flower box on our balcony.

The breakfast is made fresh every day with local pastries, pressed juices, fruit and good coffee. I found the location to be perfect, especially if you want to spend time in San Telmo and the trendy waterfront (Puerto Madero). Wandering out of the hotel on a Sunday morning finds you a minute later in the heart of the antiques markets. If you're a Boca Juniors fan like my partner, the stadium is also within walking distance.

If you're looking for an affordable, friendly hotel in a great location with imaginative rooms, Bonito would be a good choice.

Room Tip: Favorite rooms were: # 304 Shana Elmsfort BONITO MONTSERRAT, # 305 Carmen Raya Alonso BONITO MONTSER...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This quaint boutique hotel in the heart of Montserat goes beyond good service. Firstly, every morning we were served fresh fruit as part of our breakfast. The second day our portion of fruit was doubled as the hostess noticed how much we enjoyed it the previous day. Secondly, the hostess was more than accommodating with late check-out, due to our travel schedule. Easy walking distance to San Telmo and Congresso. What a pleasant stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in Buenos Aries.
The area is the oldest in Buenos Aries so has character, the local square is surrounded by bars and cares with tango going on in the Square. The hotel is perfectly placed to enjoy this part of the city. Having visited other parts of the city we always returned here.
The room was clean. The air con good. The shower excellent. The building had character. The staff were always friendly and were always happy to help.
If I went back to Buenos Aries I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Perfect Night

A little background, I have been traveling for several months before arriving at The Bonito Bed and Breakfast. I had been given the room with a kitchen. After several days doing the tourist thing in San Telmo, I found the old market on Defensa, an idea flashed though my head. Envisioning a wonderful bolognese sauce made from the local meats and vegetables, it was about 10:00, so it could simmer threw the afternoon. All went as plan, but to my surprise I did not know, a tenant in one of the adjoining building is a budding solo violinist and his practice time was during my dinner. So I could not have asked for a more enjoyable atmosphere; solo violinist, rooftop setting, and local ingredients made the perfect night.

• Stayed November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at this pousada in November 2012. Overall it is a cute artsy place with uniquely decorated rooms and very cheap. The place is decorated nicely and the common areas are cute. they serve a nice breakfast and provide your own dish of dulce de leche. We choose our room online (they have pics) and for the most part it looked as shown but was just generally more worn and not as well up kept as pics showed. Our room included our own private roof space, which was very cool but the hammock was worn and fell to the ground so it couldn't be used and the chairs shown on photos online were not there and the one that was was broken. However, probably the biggest drawback was when we pulled the sheets back on the bed there were a lot of hairs (head and likely pubic hairs all over the sheets). This grossed us out but we discovered it late when there was no one to tell. This grossed us out considerably but we obviously had no choice to but to sleep on the bed. We were able to get extra sheets from linen closet to put over top. I do believe this was a fluke as everything else was clean and the maid did come each day.

The area is interesting. San Telmo is more of an up and coming bohemain neighborhood. it is close to the Dorrego Plaza which is nice and fine to walk around during the day, we did feel like the area was a bit unsafe at night.

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in Hotel Bonito our first two nights of our Argentina trip. We were warned by the cab driver that dropped us off from the airport that the neighborhood was 'not so good' at night. We loved the hotel. We were greeted by super friendly staff that spoke English pretty well, and they were accommodating with every request or question that we had. The room was simple and clean. The hotel itself had a very cute charm, and we enjoyed wine on the one of the roof top terraces the first night. The breakfasts were more than enough food, and they were prepared when you arrived in the seating area. We found that the neighborhood had a lot of charm, and the hotel was in a great location considering we walked to most of the must-see places in Buenos Aires. We cabbed home every night, but felt comfortable walking around during the day. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for a cute place with charm for a great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bonito Buenos Aires, San Telmo? Share your experiences!