“Great hotel and amazing service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires

Save Saved
You added Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1661 Alvear Avenue, Buenos Aires C1014AAD, Argentina (Recoleta)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #16 of 439 hotels in Buenos Aires
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great hotel and amazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been lucky to go to many top notch hotels and I can honestly say this hotel stands out. Why? Because of the service and attidue of the staff and its great location.

Staff: Wonderful! In the restaurant in the Posadas side -We had breakfast everyday at the hotel and the hostess always remembered our name and very sweet. And the female server who looked a bit like , Mila Kunis, I think her name was BeniciA...I could be wrong, but she was always very attentive and always remembered what we liked ( the hot chocolate was awesome), and although she never hovered it seems she always knew that we needed something.
Breakfast is really good. They have smoked salmon, different breads and of course a la carte. The French bread is good but different taste and they dont use maple syrup , they use something else with different taste. Egg white omelete is good again different . It had consistincy of a crepe. If you like eggs over easy they call it jugoso or claros if I remember , but they do it differently as well. Sausages are very good.
We were being picked up for some tours and my mother was worried that they would pick us up in the wrong side as there is the mansion side in ave. Alvear and the newer hotel side ave. Posadas. But the staff waa quick to tell us not to worry because staff on each side is in communication with each other and they know to tell the people who are going to pick us up to go to the area where we are waiting.
Concierege- All the concierege people (there were like 3) were helpful and patient with all the questions I asked. The gentleman was great in telling me where the best milongas for my purposes were and explained how they were, which best tango shows to go and he recommended this lady who does leather goods, especially leather jackets which ended up being awesome cause she actually made one for me based on my measurements in less than a day and reasonable priced since it was tailored for me.

Finally, we came back from iguasu and had asked befire we checkex out if we could leave the bags. Not only did they say we could leave our bags( as our flight wasnt for 6 or 7 hours)but they let use the spa facilities to freshen up. I can not say how grateful we were as we had flown to iguasu but taken the bus ( Via Barioloche) back to buenos aires and it was a long ride

Location: In Recoleta about six or so blocks from the famous recoleta cemetary which really is worth going and reminds me a bit of new orleans cemetaries but even more elaborate. Also about 7 blocks or so from avenida 9 de julio, the widest avenue in the world. Just remember there is the modern ave. POSADAS side and the mansion side Ave. ALVEAR side.

I really cant say enough about the staff and the hotel which really made my experience in buenos aires pleasant. The only issue with the hotel I would have is that the beds are a bit hard for my liking but I noticed at the other hotel I stayed in at Iguasu was also hard ( actually that one was harder), and the lights went off one night a few times, but the generators kicked in and I don't think that is fair to blame the hotel, so that is why I gave it 5 stars. And cant comment on the kids activities as we didnt use any.
So if you can swing it, as it is pricey, I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

705 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lovely Hotel in a good location. Near to Recoleta Cemetery and some good shops / restaurants. We stayed in the modern tower, hotel is split between old mansion and modern tower connexted by underground walkway. Our room was nice with great bathroom (separate bath and shower). Public areas of the hotel are beautifully decorated and Gardens are a beautiful addition to a city centre hotel, it really feels like stepping back in time, very elegant.

I give it 4/5 rather than 5/5 because for me the room was nice, modern and clean but for the price I wasn't blown away. Also service was great but a little impersonal, maybe this is standard in large 5* hotels? However I would still recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Arriving at this wonderful and unique hotel was one of the best experiences I had in my life. The old mansion together with the exquisite and stylish decoration as well as the excellent customer service was outstanding. The staff is amazing and always there for their guests and they make you feel very special. Its restaurants with delicious and original courses, the art galleria, the gardens, the wine bar (glad to see they serve many Argentinean brands) and the cheese bar (exotic!) were the extra perks that we did not expect to encounter during our stay. To finalize this, the hotel is in the best area in Buenos Aires. This is definitely "THE HOTEL" in Buenos Aires. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: any room is great and unique!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stopped over in BA for three days prior to our bird hunt in Cordova and we had the luxury to spend the night at Palacio Dunhau. It was over the top nice with a friendly staff focused on service and quality. The grounds and gardens were well taken care of and a nice escape since your in the center of the city. The rooms were modern and very clean with great linens. I felt very secure and safe but the price for accommodations appeared excessive. I think this is alot better than the Alvear which is down the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is the best hotel in town! The staff is amazing, they are totally focused on the client. The rooms are really good, beautiful décor (the Palace rooms fells like home) and they have a great room service. If you try the restaurants, you won't regret! They are really good and do not miss the cheese and wine tasting, it is incredible, a fantastic experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt in Buenos Aires did not let us down. We stayed one night with an extended stay for almost the full day after, giving us a chance to explore the city before heading on an overnight bus adventure to Mendoza. We've enjoyed staying in Park Hyatt hotels in the past, particularly in Paris, and found this hotel to be truly wonderful. The room was fantastic, with two rooms and a huge shower/bath. The location, decor and garden outside the chateau were beautiful, and the special attention given to us the management when we checked in as Diamond members started the stay off in exactly the right way. The entire staff was so helpful and attentive, and the breakfast was consistent with the Paris Park Hyatt in its quality and elegance. The Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt is now one of our favorites, and we expect we'll be back soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Englewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt in Buenos Aires. We stayed two nights over a weekend in mid-June '13, vacationing to celebrate a special wedding anniversary. We have enjoyed staying in Hyatt hotels in the past, and we found this hotel to be truly wonderful. As with our other hotel experiences, we appreciated the nice comfortable room, and we liked the hotel's location, decor, garden, and delicious food, and also the special extras provided for our celebration. But most importantly, we were very favorably impressed by the entire staff -- from the bellhops and reception staff, to the restaurant staff -- all were so nice, helpful, and professional, carrying out their duties with dignity and grace. We still have pleasant memories of the Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt: the accommodations, the food, and -- most of all -- the staff who made our stay so special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!