“Can't wait to come back to this fab hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires

You added Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1661 Alvear Avenue, Buenos Aires C1014AAD, Argentina (Recoleta)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #6 of 436 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Can't wait to come back to this fab hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We travel often and always stay at nice hotels. THIS hotel is one of the best hotels we've ever stayed at. The gorgeous palace, the terrace in between the palace and the tower rooms, the landscaping - just amazingly beautiful. We enjoyed a fabulous breakfast every morning and my favorite café con leche. The staff remembers your name even though there are hundreds of people staying here and they go out of their way to accommodate your every need with a cheery "my pleasure" response. Matteas and Frederico in the Oak Bar are very friendly bartenders who answered all our Qs about the hotel, the city, etc. Frederico makes a wonderfully refreshing vanilla vodka cocktail with fresh fruit - it's a must try! We hope to return to BA and specifically - this hotel - in the next year! Thanks so the staff for making this a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1302 (a suite in the tower) which looks out over the palace gardens. Very quiet r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires and for your attentive feedback.

We very much appreciate your comments and we are pleased to discover that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for considering Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires “amazingly beautiful”. I appreciate your comments about our staff and I will share your comments with them, being certain that they will be more than pleased.

Mr. Antonio Alvarez Campillo, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

by far one of the best city hotels i've ever stayed in, and quite certainly the best of the international chain hotels in buenos aires!

had a corner room on one of the highest floors of the modern wing, overlooking the courtyard and the palace wing.

the room was extremely spacious, and so was the bathroom!

the welcome-and-turndown amenities of fruits and chocolates/alfajores were very generous, fresh and well-presented.

wifi was fast and complimentary.

had lunch at the converted stables in the hotel of which the name i can't remember!
fabulous. the best meal i've had during my 5 days in the city. breakfast hot items cooked to order and i had ordered eggs benny, waffles, and pancakes on different occasions. if you get a chance to, ask to be seated at the lovely courtyard, and enjoy your breakfast with the gentle sound of water flowing down the fountains.

the gym was at the basement of the palace wing, and accessible from the modern wing through an art gallery walkway. distracted, i spent more time admiring the art pieces that changes every three weeks? than it should have taken to get to the gym. the gym attendant was friendly, helpful and even offered tips to make my workout session more productive! sadly, did not get to use the inviting heated indoor pool.

all the staff were extremely professional, warm, friendly and unintrusive, and not at all snooty unlike some hotels of a similar price tag and "stars" elsewhere in the city.

would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting BsAs!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments and we are pleased to discover that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m delighted to find out that you appreciated the service provided by our Staff, that each day honors the art of detail.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Palacio Duhau is a stunning hotel & is complemented by excellent service. The blending of the old palace & the new architecture is fabulous, as is the garden in the middle.
We tried the Argentinian restaurant & it was the best meal we had during our two weeks in Argentina.
One of the best hotels i've stayed in!

Dear guest,

I am delighted to discover the details that made your stay special. It is my pleasure to find out you appreciated the sophisticated Argentinian cuisine of Duhau Restaurante & Vinoteca.

We look forward to seeing you soon in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed at many Park Hyatts around the world including Beaver Creek, Paris, Chicago, Washington DC, and Sydney and this is by far one of my favorites. I have stayed here twice and each time was more impressed with the level of service I received.

Before I continue, you must know that there are two 'personalities' to this hotel. One is modern, in the newly built tower in former courtyard of the palace, and the other is more classical with modern furnishings which is hosted in the palace. I have stayed in both, once in a Park Suite in the modern building and more recently, in a Park Executive Suite on the palace side. To say the least, I prefer the palace side as you truly feel transformed into another time period and society. The windows, the doors, and the hinges are all original and restored. The rooms were tastefully decorated though a bit sparse given the great expanse in the Park Executive Suite. Nonetheless, I appreciated the extra space. The highlight of the room was the bathroom--appointed with a chandelier which made it feel extremely classy.

Breakfast is the only point that needs some work. It is served in a buffet style and you can also order off the menu but it isn't quite as refined as the Park Hyatt's breakfast in Paris which is extremely orchestrated and truly, the most service-oriented breakfast I have ever had! In addition to this, the fruits at PHBA, while fresh, were not necessarily cut in a clean manner and as a result, presentation suffered a bit. Service was good and many of them remembered me from my last visit.

The Spa is great, located in the basement of the hotel. It is brightly lit and the cream-colored marble floors and walls make you forget that you are underground. The pool area is great as is the gym itself which is more stocked than most hotel gyms I have been to. There are also herbal teas for those who use the gym which are quite refreshing!

The Duhau Restaurant is great for those who don't want to venture beyond the hotel. It is a highly rated restaurant and both times I visited, I have eaten there. You can never go wrong with lomo, as all Argentinean beef is grass-fed and hormone free, and while lean, always maintains its moisture. I also highly recommend the Mate en tres texturas dessert. Simply amazing.

All in all, a great hotel and wonderful location in the heart of Recoleta. It is my go-to hotel whenever visting BA.

Room Tip: Stay in the Palace side. If in the modern side, ask to be in a room facing the courtyard, and prefer...
Dear guest,

Your comments about our service are very much appreciated, I will share them with our Team and I am certain that they will feel more than thankful. I will also share your observations about breakfast in order to improve the experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

What a night on the terrase and with a full moon! I just start my nignt with a cocktall with a generous service and the food are well explain and very delicious. It's a romance place and for me, the value is cheaper for this quality of this nice and very good looking place. I will return soon!

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I will share your praise with the Staff of Duhau Restaurante & Vinoteca, and I am certain that they will be more than pleased.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed 4 days in BA and were very pleased with Park Hyatt. Both the old and the new building are exquisitely decorated, rooms are spacious (we had a suite) and the garden is very beautiful. It was great that there were two restaurants and a bar within or overlooking the garden with great ambiance. The food served and service were top quality (we tried the Italian restaurant and the bar). Location of the hotel is very good too. My only criticism would be for the breakfast service; some staff had difficulty with English language and some misunderstandings happened with the food orders+ dessert buffet was not sufficient for a hotel at this level, too less variety and lack of local tastes.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden have wonderful view. They are quite too.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I am delighted to discover that you had a memorable stay while you enjoyed the features of our property. I will share your comments with our Staff, in order to improve our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been going to BA for years and have stayed at numerous hotels in the city. Since discovering the Palacio Duhau I havent bothered going anywhere else. Location is superb, service is great, rooms are large and overall design and ambience is 5 stars.

Room Tip: go with one of the modern rooms in the posadas building.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments, and we are pleased to discover that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with our Staff, and I am certain that they will be more than pleased.

Mr. Antonio Alvarez Campillo, General Manager

Been to Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!