“Avoid this place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #409 of 439 hotels in Buenos Aires
canada
“Avoid this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

This hotel is used by Intrepid Tours.
It is run down, carpets are dirty along with the walls.
There is only two options for room location; front noisy street or back that is beside a loud generator that shook the room.
Locks on the window and patio doors were broken.
The business center is one disfunctional computer in the lobby.
The room I had # 604 had a leaking toilet, so every flush resulted in a wet floor.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

I was book into this hotel by INTREPID TOURS. When i arrived I was put in a room with no number on the door. It had a tiny window that I had to stand on the bed to look out. The room was barely bigger than the bed and filthy. The carpet was disgusting. There was a safety deposit box that noone knew how to work. I dont like to complain but I had been staying in another hotel in the city prior to this and when I arrived here I was so dissapointed. I was told that was the only room they had so they couldnt move me. However after complaining to my tour guide she got me moved to another room. This was a normal size room with a window so it was much better, however equally as filthy and there was a disgusting sewerage smell coming up from the toilet. I had to just keep the door closed. I called to reception to ask for the internet cable and was told noone could bring it, however about half an hour later it showed up. This was an absolute let down and the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Solothurn, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

My husband and I booked this hotel so that we would be near Aeroparque in time for our early morning flight.
We only slept there one night and I can only say the room was clean, the A/C working (in a 34° heat it would have been a big problem if it didn't). The bathroom was ok. We didn't even have breakfast because we left at 05.30 AM, but we DID get a wake up call....at 03.30 AM.... by mistake...
Anyway, this place is nothing especial but it served its purpose. I guess for the price you might find something better in low season, but this was mid-January and it proved very hard to find an available room in BA downtown within this price range.

• Liked — location (not very QUIET but very near Aeroparque)
  • Disliked — view (next building)
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2008

This Tango is not where you want to be dancing.

Despite requests to fix the faulty room AC, this was not fixed. I was told a room change was not possible and given varying (and bad) excuses about why the room was warm e.g. greenhouse effect.

When I insisted the AC be fixed the receptionist Frederico promised to call an electrician in. I was skeptical he would as it was a Saturday night. I was told later the problem could not be fixed. I was given eventually a fan, although at one stage I was told I would get a portable *airconditioner*

The hotel is short staffed with only 1 receptionist on duty at any time. The front door to the hotel is locked when the receptionist is away from the reception table e.g. to retrieve left luggage for guests. People are often locked out, albeit for only 5 mins or so.

Disappointing service spoils what otherwise is a newly-furnished hotel conveniently located in the Microcentre area of BA. Free internet terminal in the lobby, although there is often a queue.

• Liked — Location, newly-furnished rooms
  • Disliked — Horrible staff (Federico deserves a special mention), airconditioners which don't work (this is a problem in summer, but not otherwise)
  • Stayed January 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Argentina Tango Hotel? Share your experiences!