“Bad service ” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Asia de Cuba

Asia de Cuba
Pierina Dealessi 750, Buenos Aires, Argentina (Puerto Madero)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #175 of 519 things to do in Buenos Aires
Activities: Dancing
“Bad service ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

After a day of shopping. Me and my husband stop in for dinner n drinks. We were seated quickly as the restaurant was empty. That should had been our que.

We ordered or drinks. My husband waited 20 minutes for his drink. We had to call the new waitress to check on his drink order. And our food.

When our food arrived finally 45 minutes afterwards. It was cold.

The cleanliness of the restaurant was not clean. Dust and crumbs on chairs n tables. Not what we were expecting for a riverfront restaurant.

Santa Monica, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Worst experience during our entire trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have eaten at the Asia de Cuba in New York and LA year ago. I hadn't visited one in years. After enough steak, Italian and empanadas, like many travelers visiting a city we decided to try something else. This place won the award of our trip, the award for the worst dining experience. First of all, the inside dining room had ONE table with people sitting for dinner. Outside was full. Regardless, we sat and waited 20 minutes before flagging down the server for ague con gas. It was a humid, hot evening. Tick tock, 20 minutes asked again...15 minutes later I walked up to the deserted bar with one bartender. I was told that it is really busy and there is one bartender. Is it really that difficult to pop the cap off three bottled waters? We had also ordered cocktails, nothing. When our 4th waitress of the evening came over to take our order...we ordered a few small plates. We didn't want to overwhelm them. The menu at this location does not resemble any menu I have seen at Asia de Cuba, but I haven't been in years. I was alarmed at an Asian restaurant there was no uh rice, fried or otherwise. Eventually our dishes came out, my friends dishes were basically onions with cold flour tortillas not even close to what they ordered and I received a salad when I ordered a roll. At this point I just said forget it, forget the food and cocktails bring the check and went down to another restaurant where our experience was completely the opposite but I don't recall the restaurant name. SKIP THIS PLACE! Horrible.

Visited February 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated. Expensive and nothing special.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

You pay 120 pesos to get in, you expect a fancy club. But it´s just a regular place like a thousand other clubs. Not worth it paying so much. The location it beautiful if you are here to drink something on the terrace, but for clubbing it´s nothing special.

Visited January 2013
Santiago, Chile
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Lovely bar resto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Ive been there several times during the past 4 years, and i can tell that its a very nice place for chilling with friends, girlfriends, etc, food is good, hostess are just fine, music is different every night, the atmosphere is warm and friendly, you can get to know people from all around the globe like i did once, a girl from pakistan, drinks can be a bit better in quality, but other than that def the next time that im in buenos aires i ll go there for sure and i would recommend it.

Visited January 2012
Yonkers, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Put on your dancing shoes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

First saw this place when I just got into the city and simply took a short stroll around Corrientes and stumbled upon this area...nice cafe during the day. Later on the same night, our pub crawl ended up at this place. At around 12 midnight the party was on! This is a really cool club, with a great atmosphere and most importantly very good looking people who are simply there to party. If you like dancing and speak a little Spanish you will feel right at home, otherwise get a drink and submerge in a sea of beautiful Argentinians - this will be lots of fun. Party doesn't stop until it gets light, although I left at 6 am. Great seating outside, if you feel tired and want to simply chill out...

Visited February 2012