“Lots of fun, great show, somewhat expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Complejo Tango

Complejo Tango
Av. Belgrano 2608, Buenos Aires 1086, Argentina (Balvanera)
+54 11 4941 1119
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 303 attractions in Buenos Aires
Type: Dinner Theaters
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Dinner Tango Show with tango lesson included.Open 365 days a year.Our package includes: Tango Lesson (diploma included)+ Dinner (Starter + Main course + Dessert + Wines and beverages)+ Tango Show. FREE transportation if you book directly with us through our web, mail or phone
7 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun, great show, somewhat expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was a very fun event: The show entertaining and the food delicious. The performers were very professional and at times interacted with the audience. Each guest gets their own bottle of wine or a huge bottle of beer. You have several choices for appetizers, entrees and desserts.

The dance class was fun, though a little short (about 30 minutes). I think I would have preferred the class to be a bit longer so we could learn a few more "smooth moves." Also, it would have been fun to put our moves into action during a group dance with the performers later in the night.

The activity was kind of expensive - US$120 per person. The venue was intimate with only two rows of tables surrounding the stage so you might find a similar, larger event for less money per person. (I personally liked the intimate, up-close setting.) The pricing in Argentina was very odd. Nothing was published. You just had to trust what a salesperson told you when you asked about the cost. This made us always feel like we might be getting the "U.S." price, or whatever someone thought they could get from us. This was probably just my paranoia. A few times we learned what others paid and it was always consistent with what we did, but unpublished prices still make me uncomfortable.

Overall, LOTS of fun. I would recommend this to friends that could afford it.

Mid Florida, Florida
40 attraction reviews
“Very nice and not a large production”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is my second tengo show in BA. I enjoyed this one very much. It is a small restaurant so there are no bad seats. The dancers were very talented. The band even though they were very young was amazing. This is a great place to experience the tengo up close. Very close, food is ok service very good,

Trondheim, Norway
“Value for money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After searching for a long time for tangoshows we were recommended to book complejo tangoshow through milhouse hostesl for only 280 pesos for 3course dinner, free wine, tango lessons and show.

We were blown away! The lesson was quite good and interesting, the dinner was by far much more than we expected (we choosed the salad for appertizer, pasta (me) - steak (my boyfriend) for main, and icecream for dessert. VERY GOOD! (Especially the pasta if you ask me!)

The show blew us away, even though everything was in spanish.

We had a splended time and would really recommend it to everyone! Just remember to book at milhouse hostel:-)

“BREATHTAKING EXPERIENCE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS!!! did I say FABULOUS? :) :) :)
First of all, the dinner was far better than expected, also the professional perfmance of the tango dancers, the choice of food and chef recommendations were the PERFECT. Dinner was what one would get in a fine dining restaurant.
Precision, intiming and execution of the whole event. Everyone was very personable and polite, and I was pleasantly surprised by the costumes of the artists. I was fully entertained with the show, and the performers were at such a high standard.
A perfect night out and you get more than the money you pay for in food, wine and entertainment. Very classy, I highly recommend this place. Definitely a MUST when @ Buenos Aires! If I have to rate this attraction, I would rate it as a FIVE STAR attraction, or I would give them two very enthusiastic THUMBS UP!!!:). Go GO GO ;). Reviewed by: Fabianna Kafati from Honduras. Fabykafati@yahoo.com

Pasadena, California
5 attraction reviews
“A good experience, once we finally arrived...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I attended this show on our first night in BA, we were really excited about the Tango Lesson and getting a Diploma!!!! The driver was 10min early to pick us up, which was great. Unfortunately though, the car overheated and died in the middle of the street about half way to the destination. I had to push the car to the side of the road and we spent the next 15min trying to hail a cab to get the show! Needless to say, I was not happy. When we arrived at the building, the manager greeted us at the top of the stairs and was very apologetic and immediately reimbursed me for the cab fare.

Fortunately the tango lesson started late, so we didn't miss any of it. It was a very basic 12step lesson at was taught, which was PERFECT for me as I am NOT a dancer by anyone's imagination!! The dinner was good with unlimited wine and beer. We had a table right in the center directly in front of the stage. The room is not big, so it's a much more intimate atmosphere - as if they were dancing on for you. The service was attentive as well.

All in all a good experience after the transportation fiasco.