“Good location and service” 4 of 5 stars

Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25 de Mayo 764, Buenos Aires 1002 ABP, Argentina   |
Ranked #86 of 439 hotels in Buenos Aires
Bucharest, Romania
“Good location and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location for Puerto Madero and the Galerias Pacifico shopping mall, as well as Florida (shopping street). The reception and concierge staff were all very helpful and the breakfast buffet reasonable although I never did quite work out what the scrambled eggs were made from. The bedrooms are a generous size and well appointed as well as being quiet. The $9 Evian was excessively priced but this is not unusual for large hotels anywhere (and there are convenience stores within three minutes walk that will sell you water for normal prices). The gym is reasonably equipped and enough for the average hotel guest. All in all it was a great place to stay for my first visit to Buenos Aires.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Maria Julia C, Revenue Manager & Reservations at Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Regal Pacific Buenos Aires.

We always do appreciate to receive feedback from our clients as it helps to improve our service and quality standards.

We are glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms, as well as our excellent location and our helpful staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you as our guest during your next visit to Buenos Aires.

Revenue Manager & Reservations

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed at the regal pacific between May 11 and 14, and I must say I did not experience the 5-star service I expected, but first the good things: great buffet breakfast with lots of options to choose from; good hotel location with walking distance to Puerto Madero, and Galerias Pacifico shopping mall.
Now, the bad things: I booked a special package in a corner king executive room, but when checking-in I was told we had a regular executive room prepared instead the one I requested. The receptionist changed the room immediately but of course when we arrived to the room, this one was not yet prepared with all the amenities offered in the package (bathrobes, the basket of fruits, the bottle of champagne, etc.) so they completely blew the birthday surprise I wanted to give to my boyfriend.. Later, I was told to inform them when leaving the room so they could prepare everything accordingly for our return, but I must say this came too late !! the room was also really dark since it faced the "25 de Mayo" street, and just across the street there is another hotel which blocks all the view!. Given this location, the room was also really noisy since that street is too narrow and it gets really crowded during rush hours, so if you are of a light sleep, you should not stay in rooms facing that street.. They should not charge that much for that room, it is just not worth it!
The package also included a daily tea service, and spa ammenities, however, all these were almost nonexistent!.. the basket of fruits was just a plate with some pieces of fruits; when requesting the daily tea service, I was informed this was not daily but only for one time... I could managed that they delivered some tea to the room (which came 45 minutes later!) and they arrived with only one cup of the tea, unbelievable!!! when complaining to the front desk, the answer I received was " I will tell the guys" and later I was explained that according to room service I had only requested one cup of tea, which of course it was not true!!
As for the spa amenities for the hot tub, we only had them for one day since they did not replace them daily! At first I thought they forgot and wait for the next day but then, same thing..
The package also included 15% discount in their restaurant, however when asking the front desk how to make this discount valid, I was told they did not know anything about this discount. I explained the front desk clerk that I had received an email from the hotel confirming this discount, but she asked me to show her the email so this would be clear, so I had to went back to my room and bring my laptop down so as to show her the email...
The day prior to our departure I requested some help at the front desk to call a taxi to pick us up the next day, and she said I must call from my room (with charge) but since I did not have the number I needed her to make the call, so she did it but "as an exception"…
I have stayed in 5-star hotels in the past and I must say this was far from being a 5-star service!! I wanted to have a special weekend but If I had knew this was going to be the service, I would have chosen another hotel.. The few amenities we had were because of the package booked, but other than that: the wifi in the room had a fee (it was only free in the lobby); no complimentary newspaper in the room; no coffee for the coffee machine in the room; a bottle of water with a note indicating the price USD9,00..
The front desk staff (except for Yamila) were unfriendly and not so much helpful.. I was certainly expecting for a 5-star service, which I did not get (despite their ISO certification and the opinion of other reviewers)
Overall, I was very disappointed so I will definitely not come back..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

As a business man, traveling alone I always look for a minimum comfort with good price. I have been using the hotel for the last 3 years at least twice a year. It is not the cheapest and not the most expensive. but it is Well located, have very good services, nice rooms and the food is good. You are close by very nice restaurant, Puerto Madero, florida street and Pacifico Galeria Shopping Mall. The Internet is quite expensive and I have made a deal with them to get it free, but the system to have a VIP Internet valid for 24 hours is make live hard, for those working...

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JULIA C, Revenue Manager & Reservations at Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, April 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Regal Pacific Buenos Aires.

We are happy you liked our great service as well as our central and safe location, and our spacious rooms.

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Regal Pacific is a well-maintained hotel in downtown Buenos Aires. The concierge was very helpful in making reservations and giving directions. Our room was cleaned twice a day, and it was very spacious with comfortable beds. I would have liked free Wi-Fi in the room, but you can access computers with Internet for free at the lobby. Breakfast was decent, but it gets boring after a couple of days. There are plenty of good options nearby that you don't have to eat hotel breakfast. This hotel is recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Regal Pacific Buenos Aires

Your opinion will allow us to follow up on every issue you evaluated, reinforce service strengths or take immediate action where weaknesses may have been observed.
Each comment received becomes a very important tool for us in our constant effort to measure service quality or improve any service omission. All of them are analyzed with our Executive Staff and after determining the corresponding course of action.

We can assure that every aspect evaluated will be professionally handled for your benefit and that of other guests that continue visiting us.

If you have plans to visit Buenos Aires and stay with us in the near future, it will be my pleasure to take care of your reservation needs and look forward to meeting you personally upon your arrival.

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is okay but was very dissapointed to know that they were going to charge me 8 US dollars for one small bottle of mineral water.The location is good, we managed to go buy water in a nearby convenience store.The service is also good especially the doorman/porter who was very charming and very attentive to our needs.The room is comfortable and modern.They provide free wifi in the lobby.Over all I was happy here although the breakfast is ordinary.I was in a tour group so I have no idea whether the rate is reasonable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Regal Pacific Buenos Aires.

In regards to your comment about the breakfast, this is not the image that we want to give to our guests. We hope it has been an exceptional event since most of the reviews we receive are for the exceptional breakfast.

Regarding the water, in the mini bar you could find Villavicencio water wich is cheaper than the Evian water and it cost 3 dollars per bottle.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellent place if you need to be in downtown, Puerto Madero. Great hotel if you are taking the ferry from Uruguay as you can just walk from the port. Lots of restaurants around. A little bit pricey. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: No difference, perhaps a higher floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Maria Julia C, Revenue Manager & reservations at Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, July 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Regal Pacific Buenos Aires.

We are happy you liked our great service as well as our central and safe location, and our helpful Staff.

Redvers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel. It is only 1 block off the main traffic area of restaurants and bars. It is great walking distance to buses and Florida street (shopping) Great English speaking staff. Pool is a bit small, but at least is outdoors and great to relax around. The rooms were very clean, our towels were even changed in the evening when they did turn down. (We were in a deluxe room)

Room Tip: Very good option in Buenos Aires.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria Julia C, Revenue Manager & reservation at Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, June 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Regal Pacific Buenos Aires.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay and that you felt really comfortable with the facilities, our Regal deluxe room and the staff service.

Maria Julia Chiariello
Revenue Manager & reservations.

Been to Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!