We stayed here for 3 nights. It's a nice hotel and a bit different from staying at one of the big hotel chains present in BA. As others have said, it is a converted mansion house and tango school and the place has real character and is beautifully decorated in an old style. The staff on the front desk were all absolutely superb - so helpful with maps, tips, calling taxis and making restaurant reservations for us.
We had booked a room with a balcony and on arrival we were told we could have a suite room with a jacuzzi too if we could wait an hour whilst it was cleaned (of course we said yes!). The room was big, furnished in an old fashioned way but in keeping with the place. The bathroom was an okay size and very clean. The jacuzzi was a little odd as it was in the corner of the bedroom rather than the bathroom, but it didn't really matter. We used it once, the bubble jets didn't work but it was nice to have a large bath. The balcony had a table and chairs and looked out over corrugated rooftops.
The rooftop pool was out of action when we were there. The hotel itself is quite old fashioned but I guess it is in keeping with the theme. There are some nice dance murals painted on the walls inside. The breakfast was basic but adequate - bread, croissants, cheese, ham, scrambled egg. Breakfast is served on tiny tables in one of the tango dance studios which seemed odd at first but a sensible use of space and adds to the experience!
It's well located in San Telmo and the staff had plenty of nearby restaurant suggestions, including La Brigada which did an excellent steak. You can walk to Plaza del Mayo in ten minutes, we generally felt safe in the area but we did get cabs after dark if going out of San Telmo. No cab driver knew the hotel and most struggled with the address we gave them, but we got by with showing a map and pointing to the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mansion Dandi Royal was designed for your comfort and to fulfill all your requirements; each of our rooms has its own characteristic style; we offer to all our guests the opportunity to lodge in an exclusive mansion of 30 rooms with all the atmosphere of XX century beginnings Tango. Mansion Dandi Royal Tango residential academy, first in its class, wait for you with the comfort, warm attention and originality that you deserve to enjoy in your stay at Buenos Aires city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Mansion Dandi Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mansion Dandi Royal Hotel
- Mansion Dandi Royal Buenos Aires