“Relax and wait!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
BsAs
“Relax and wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Pani is a very popular restaurant so it is usually packed, you need to be pagient and relax till you are served but when it does happpen the food is very good and huge helpings, consider sharing!

Visited March 2014

Kelowna, Canada
“Best desserts in Recoleta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We have been in this place a few times, always just for coffee and dessert and we really enjoy it. The ambiance is so quaint, with so much to take in visually, and the staff are wonderful. They are very proud of their restaurant and do not mind if you ask to take photos. Make sure you don't miss the restrooms, as the paintings in there are just as interesting as they are in the restaurant itself.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
“Good food, nice ambiance, awful service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The places looks beautiful from outside, it invites you to go in and enjoy! However, once you request whatever you are having, be prepared to waaaaaaaait. Their excuse? it's a new restaurant and they are not yet organized (???). We ordered two burgers. We waited 65 minutes.
I will go back, but just for coffee or a juice, since the place is so nicely decorated and close to home.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Awful Awful Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I cannot express in words how horrific our experience of Pani in Recoleta was, if only there was an option for minus stars, I would have kindly donated -5 to it's cause.

Firstly, I want to state that we are not fussy or snobbish about our food and Pani came highly recommended by some fellow travellers. In a nut shell, the service is awful, bordering abhorrent. Having given our order, the waiter tried to give us other people's food x3 times... the signs were ominous! They then brought our food, my waffle sandwich looked nothing like it's photo on the menu compounded by the fact that one waffle was hot, the middle waffle was cold and the top waffle seemed like it had been for quick swim pre-plating up and dabbed dry so not to arouse suspicion. My wife had a hamburger. She hadn't ordered a hamburger. When sending it back, the waitress (our original waiter had probably gone home due to the stress of the day thus far) totally unapologetically took the plate away. We then waited for over an hour for her correct dish, the aptly named 'Pani Date Sandwich'. It was disgusting. She valiantly ploughed on as it was the lunch she had been waiting for but 1/4 of the way through, had done all she could with it.

3hrs later, she has food poisoning and I am writing this whilst shuttling water to and from our bathroom. I'm about to go and buy some dioralyte.

So, there you have it. As I said, we're really not fussy and this place had come well recommended but we had a truly unsuccessful time here. -5 stars from me as I bed in for an evening of riveting rehydration mixing. Ironic that my iPhone wants to autocorrect Pani with Pain!

carrollton, tx
“Visually Fun Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was told that I had to try this place from a fellow traveler from Brazil. I wasn't expecting much, but when my husband and I walked through the door I felt so happy. This place was decorated nice yet funky. You can choose to sit inside or outside, we chose inside since it was so hot outside. They have free Wi-Fi for you foreign travelers.

I love tea so I got the frozen fruit tea & it was awesome. Not too sweet. I ordered the breaded beef (chicken fried steak) with mashed potatoes for lunch. It was good, but a bit bland for the American taste. All of their dishes comes out with fresh flowers for garnish. It was super cute.

I would definitely come back if I visit Buenos Aires again.

• Visited December 2013